College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SJAnfield said:

Oregon looks amazing! The only shame is this is probably the only time we'll see it. 

Not necessarily. Coach Taggart has already said they won't wear a different combo for every game, so they very well might repeat it later in the season. I'm hoping to see it again in the Civil War, at least.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Not necessarily. Coach Taggart has already said they won't wear a different combo for every game, so they very well might repeat it later in the season. I'm hoping to see it again in the Civil War, at least.

I posted that in here awhile ago. Taggart said he wants to be more traditional and not have a million different uniforms however I wonder if Nike will oblige with that since im sure Oregon merchandise and jerseys are best sellers for them 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

2 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

No "RTB" all over WMU's unis this year, but the material looks cheap, the helmet is high school-esque, and the pants stripe makes them look like their shorts are riding up and they all have awful tan lines

.59ab30f728848_Screenshot(81).thumb.png.10062f06dc5cc632ff72c75967c6284e.png

Not sure why they went away from the unique adidas template we talked about not too long ago. Definitely a downgrade 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

40 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Well, that's good news 

14 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

That needs to be the main Oregon uniform. Add an away white, an alternate yellow and a black for special occasions. That helmet is gorgeous. A green one with a yellow O would be nice to. Stop acting silly and use this all the time, Oregon. 

They already have that:

IMG_7071.JPG.00fdbba6374fe778b9f57b853f19996f.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Well they look fantastic. Use them

more. The silver wings look dumb

Quite a few of my fellow duck fans would disagree with you on that. I like the wings, but going forward I'd like to see the current green and yellow helmets as the two main options, with some variation of the winged helmets being saved for a couple of games a year. And I'm fine with them still having black and white helmet options, but the green and yellow helmets should take precedence.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

38 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Quite a few of my fellow duck fans would disagree with you on that. I like the wings, but going forward I'd like to see the current green and yellow helmets as the two main options, with some variation of the winged helmets being saved for a couple of games a year. And I'm fine with them still having black and white helmet options, but the green and yellow helmets should take precedence.

I agree, use the wings for a few games per year. Green and yellow are good school colors IMO, especially with Oregon. They have a great look when they use the O. But the wings honestly don't  need to be there especially in silver. I can live with green, yellow, black and white but not silver. I like some of thier black/white options, but the silver wings stink IMO. If they had a black helmet with gold wings (and im sure they probably do) that would be the option to use if they want wings.

I know I hate on Oregon's look a lot, but that's because I know they could do much better. Tonight is a great example of the potential they have. There are just certain things UO should be wearing and shouldn't be wearing. And tonight's unis were something I would love to see them wear 3 or 4 times per season.

IMG_7064.thumb.JPG.d406728fc3f9fe35aa11d2841abc8408.JPGIMG_7070.thumb.JPG.e3bfe00f277874e03d2e6127c890cf7b.JPGIMG_7072.thumb.JPG.114db6be13fda7a4966ca9eb546ff89d.JPGIMG_7074.PNG.89f57bbcfdf80ee4e8502ba8f3dcd98d.PNGIMG_7073.thumb.JPG.d973c4dabf9db2e3e31a7388df24247b.JPG

Aside from the number font, I'm completely sold on this look. Just absolutely beautiful. I do eventually want to see the wings return to the shoulders, hopefully in a fashion similar to the Doernbecher uniforms, but I would not be opposed at all to them having a more simplistic primary home and road set like this. I'm excited to see the white version of these green jerseys, and I'm hoping they'll debut them in their Week 3 game at Wyoming.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Honestly, the only problem with that Oregon uniform is that the facemask should be green.

Wear that more often, Ducks.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived