College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Would have been even better if Cal had gone with gold pants. 

Yep, I said that earlier as well. Navy/white/gold is easily their best road look, and it would've looked especially good against UNC's light blue and white combination.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

29 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

Honestly, the only problem with that Oregon uniform is that the facemask should be green.

Wear that more often, Ducks.

While I partially agree, I'm just not sure their current green masks would look all that great with the yellow helmets since the anodized satin finish can make them look anywhere from a lime green color to a dark green color just depending on the lighting. Not only that, but when they paired the green masks with the white glitter helmets in 2015, the lighting made it look like there was a bad mismatch between the color of the decals and the color of the facemasks:

IMG_7075.JPG.a85a8af0339e5ff493db95197994676f.JPGIMG_7077.thumb.JPG.e910ee047749d34233215f6e741368da.JPG

Because of those reasons, I think they actually made the right choice going with the yellow masks for this particular combination. Now if they were to pair the yellow helmets with the green jerseys and pants, then I'd probably want them to try the green masks just to improve the overall color balance. And yeah, I agree with @razorback447 about the green socks, that would've made the look even better.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

UAB went green on green for the first game since disbanding. Which is a shame, was hoping they'd were the gold pants.

The helmets featured a new wrinkle, as the dragon decal was just a green outline - no red or yellow flame. Another disappointing feature.

With the rumored helmets that flew around a few weeks ago, the slate grey and neon green alternate, and the new helmet decals, I'm worried UAB might play around too much with a look that isn't hard to make look good. Not that this looks awful, it could just look better.

Zac.thumb.jpg.20f141354c7268e94419b0fe256f2a2b.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

36 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

While I partially agree, I'm just not sure their current green masks would look all that great with the yellow helmets since the anodized satin finish can make them look anywhere from a lime green color to a dark green color just depending on the lighting. Not only that, but when they paired the green masks with the white glitter helmets in 2015, the lighting made it look like there was a bad mismatch between the color of the decals and the color of the facemasks:

IMG_7075.JPG.a85a8af0339e5ff493db95197994676f.JPGIMG_7077.thumb.JPG.e910ee047749d34233215f6e741368da.JPG

Because of those reasons, I think they actually made the right choice going with the yellow masks for this particular combination. Now if they were to pair the yellow helmets with the green jerseys and pants, then I'd probably want them to try the green masks just to improve the overall color balance. And yeah, I agree with @razorback447 about the green socks, that would've made the look even better.

Easy way to fix the logos not matching the facemasks is to just get a logo in a color that's closer to the green facemasks.

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

If I were the Oregon EQM I would get green face masks with out the anodized satin finish. Then you don't run into the color matching problem

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

9 hours ago, 29texan said:

I really wish we didn't have that bulky white stripe on our helmets. 

Then again, I wish we had kept the Boykin era uniforms full-time, anyway.

TCU%20int

I like those helmets, white stripe and all. The purple satin finish is pretty cool.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, Ciaranowls said:

Also, was watching the Michigan-Florida game hard to watch for anyone else or was that just me?

I actually really like it. Didn't get to see the game but the all-maize is actually really clean 

wilton-speight-of-the-michigan-wolverine

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

1 minute ago, vicfurth said:

I actually really like it. Didn't get to see the game but the all-maize is actually really clean 

wilton-speight-of-the-michigan-wolverine

Not the uniforms themselves but them combined. The color on color was weird on my eyes, especially Florida in all blue

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Ciaranowls said:

Not the uniforms themselves but them combined. The color on color was weird on my eyes, especially Florida in all blue

Right. I think it could've been approved had Florida worn white socks. Would've helped with the balance issue in Florida's uniform. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived