buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, vicfurth said:

 

I actually really like it. Didn't get to see the game but the all-maize is actually really clean 

 

wilton-speight-of-the-michigan-wolverine

The jerseys look nice, but they really needed blue pants to go with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2017 at 9:14 AM, mafiaman said:

 

 

Nice helmet ruined by a corny team motto.

 

Imagine that. 

 

myrickpioneerpressL.jpg

 

Minnesota.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching South Carolina State vs Southern right now on ESPN2. SC State is in all white, while Southern is in W/Y/W. On top of that Southern's yellow jerseys have powder numbers with what I'm assuming is navy blue outline. This matchup is way too visually bright for my liking . Especially with the sun shining bright down in Louisiana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

 

Imagine that. 

 

myrickpioneerpressL.jpg

 

 

At least SKI-U-MAH is a unique university motto that has and will outlast a coach. I absolutely loved the use of SKI-U-MAH but detest the ROW THE BOAT. As always, I hope Minnesota's boat sinks under the crushing blows of Wisconsin's axe, but this time I hope it takes their new motto with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

At least SKI-U-MAH is a unique university motto that has and will outlast a coach. I absolutely loved the use of SKI-U-MAH but detest the ROW THE BOAT. As always, I hope Minnesota's boat sinks under the crushing blows of Wisconsin's axe, but this time I hope it takes their new motto with. 

Exactly, like I mentioned a couple pages back, "Ski-U-Mah" is unique to the university and dates back to the late 1800's, whereas "Row The Boat" has nothing to do with the university and has everything to do with Coach Fleck. I don't even mind Fleck wanting to use the motto with his new program, but it absolutely shouldn't take precedence over "Ski-U-Mah" since that motto has so much history with the school. Limit the usage of RTB to things like promotional/social media material, signage around the football complexes, and maybe even some merch, but it shouldn't eliminate, or at least seriously diminish the usage of the school's historical motto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mingjai said:

 

Imagine that. 

 

myrickpioneerpressL.jpg

 

Minnesota.jpg

 

So what happens when Fleck is canned or moves on to greener pastures in 4-5 years?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

 

So what happens when Fleck is canned or moves on to greener pastures in 4-5 years?    

He'll just take the motto with him again. He struck an agreement where he assumed ownership of the mantra and can use it in as many ways and places as he wants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FSU vs Bama was a really nice looking matchup, but I was disappointed to see the Noles did not update their template. They were one of the teams I was hoping would update the most since their collar pattern looks ugly the way it doesn't connect in the front. Also their sleeves look goofy with the garnet patterned panel. It's an odd shape and not a traditional sleeve cap. The new Nike template would do wonders for them.

 

IMG_1720.JPG

 

This version was much nicer with the full collar and more simple sleeve caps.

 

635660180873422145-SW10-ACC-PLAYER-1203-

 

While they couldn't put the pattern at the base of the collar triangle on the new template, they could color it in and stop the pattern at the triangle and it would be much better than what they have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Is that shiny crap on Purdues shoulders new? Because it looks awful 

No it was there last year as well and is on all three jerseys. It is supposed to look like the pilot or cowcatcher on the front of a train.

MarkellJones_2016.jpg?itok=--IQjngpcrop_exact_full_image.jpeg?h=400&w=600&q

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UCLA's new home unis look absolutely beautiful on the field. Still wish they had the Clarendon numbers, but this is the best their home uniforms have looked in years IMO.

IMG_7089.thumb.JPG.2ba7a78bf194e394d254a0d614fb2b55.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

UCLA's new home unis look absolutely beautiful on the field. Still wish they had the Clarendon numbers, but this is the best their home uniforms have looked in years IMO.

IMG_7089.thumb.JPG.2ba7a78bf194e394d254a0d614fb2b55.JPG

 

Looks ridiculously good.  

 

Pac-12 might be the best dressed conference in Week 1, with Big 10 a close second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UCLA v. Texas A&M is the best looking game of the weekend. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

UCLA's new home unis look absolutely beautiful on the field. Still wish they had the Clarendon numbers, but this is the best their home uniforms have looked in years IMO.

IMG_7089.thumb.JPG.2ba7a78bf194e394d254a0d614fb2b55.JPG

well, so far that's the highlight of this A&M game. Oof. Maybe they'll get it together in 2nd half. I think LSU/ BYU was a hair better in the best looking matchup of the weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

UCLA's new home unis look absolutely beautiful on the field. Still wish they had the Clarendon numbers, but this is the best their home uniforms have looked in years IMO.

IMG_7089.thumb.JPG.2ba7a78bf194e394d254a0d614fb2b55.JPG

 

And I'll repeat what I said when the publicity shots of these beauties first appeared... anybody who bleated on and on for the past ten years about how "true UCLA-style stripes just aren't possible on today's super, high-tech, 2.3456% faster, Undernikeadidas space age creations" can shut the hell up.  

 

Shoulder stripes have looked like crap for years now for one reason and one reason only.  The manufacturers were lazy, and the teams didn't care. Period. (Although, technically, I guess that's two reasons.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Exactly, like I mentioned a couple pages back, "Ski-U-Mah" is unique to the university and dates back to the late 1800's, whereas "Row The Boat" has nothing to do with the university and has everything to do with Coach Fleck. I don't even mind Fleck wanting to use the motto with his new program, but it absolutely shouldn't take precedence over "Ski-U-Mah" since that motto has so much history with the school. Limit the usage of RTB to things like promotional/social media material, signage around the football complexes, and maybe even some merch, but it shouldn't eliminate, or at least seriously diminish the usage of the school's historical motto.

You're not wrong, but NEITHER slogan belongs on a helmet. Slogans belong on the walls of locker rooms, not on helmets. #mytwocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Texas A&M going with the stormtrooper look tonight, or as they call them, the Icy Whites.

 

 

 

 

 

They better burn those, never to be seen again, after what happened earlier tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

You're not wrong, but NEITHER slogan belongs on a helmet. Slogans belong on the walls of locker rooms, not on helmets. #mytwocents

 

I think it transcends slogan when it's 130+ years old and takes on symbol status. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

And I'll repeat what I said when the publicity shots of these beauties first appeared... anybody who bleated on and on for the past ten years about how "true UCLA-style stripes just aren't possible on today's super, high-tech, 2.3456% faster, Undernikeadidas space age creations" can shut the hell up.  

 

Shoulder stripes have looked like crap for years now for one reason and one reason only.  The manufacturers were lazy, and the teams didn't care. Period. (Although, technically, I guess that's two reasons.)

Even these are lazy, though still a huge improvement over how Adidas used to mangle their stripes. Other than pure laziness, there is no reason why Nike, Adidas and UA can't design a template that allows shoulder stripes to wrap all the way around under the arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.