buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

Houston looks like an actual football team 

Arizona looks awful. 

I'd have to give my nod for matchup of the week to Penn State/Pitt. Pitt's new road versions of their throwbacks looked tremendous against the Nittany Lions' classic home uniforms. Just an absolutely beautiful matchup all around.

IMG_7211.thumb.JPG.05d8bd8a73d422d95a21d8f9ec18f737.JPGIMG_7212.thumb.JPG.7fa0c8c7d23ee17064e702eb091d489d.JPGIMG_7214.thumb.JPG.a1dfff3d6504531046b215d65723fbe9.JPG

IMG_7208.thumb.JPG.e5acebd5f988174b2b378c2c722b1ebc.JPGIMG_7210.thumb.JPG.be3c572cdb50eff33fa2734f9ae8d04a.JPG

Disregard how abysmal Auburn's offense is, but this game was a beauty to watch

Auburn v Clemson : News Photo

Is anyone else bothered by the chrome striping and logos on Stanford's helmets?  Just seemed odd and out of place.  

Plus, I noticed some inconsistency on their Speedflex stripe application as most players had full stripes that went over the Speedflex gap while some had stripes that were cut out to avoid the gap.  Here's an example:

DJUzsMDVYAADWAo.jpg:large

Nah. They aren't full out chrome, but more metallic, it looks. For teams like Stanford, Auburn, and others, that don't play around with different uniforms a lot, it's a nice way to make the helmets pop even more. 

I recently made an Auburn helmet and purchased the metallic decals. They really look good in person, especially compared to the simple, older style. The sheen off the stripes is amazing.

On Friday, September 08, 2017 at 1:39 PM, WSU151 said:

Have they gone garnet/white/black yet since the new helmets were unveiled last year?  Garnet/white/black would be a good "throwback" to the 90s.

They have not, which is a shame.

56 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Nah. They aren't full out chrome, but more metallic, it looks. For teams like Stanford, Auburn, and others, that don't play around with different uniforms a lot, it's a nice way to make the helmets pop even more. 

I recently made an Auburn helmet and purchased the metallic decals. They really look good in person, especially compared to the simple, older style. The sheen off the stripes is amazing.

In the helmet decal industry, that's "chrome"... 

"Metallic" means glitter flake

4 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Disregard how abysmal Auburn's offense is, but this game was a beauty to watch

Auburn v Clemson : News Photo

Can we stop with the "I nominate [random traditional matchup] as uni matchup of the week, so clean!"? There is way, WAY too much orange and white going on there in order for it to look good. Plus personally, Auburn's aways have always sucked, way too much striping to where it looks messy. At least the homes have the blue jersey to make it look more palatable.

Kent State went Gold/Blue/Gold yesterday 

KSU vs. Howard

I haven't posted in here forever but I had show ya'll this heaping pile of trash.

IMG_6373.JPG

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. (Alma College in Michigan).

I think years ago I made a comment about how trash their helmet was, now their Uniforms have caught up to the trashyness.

Visually I liked Missouri vs South Carolina last night. Only gripe was "MIZZOU" on the chest of the Tigers' jerseys. I just never liked that nickname for the school.

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Visually I liked Missouri vs South Carolina last night. Only gripe was "MIZZOU" on the chest of the Tigers' jerseys. I just never liked that nickname for the school.

I was trying to search for their official football Twitter page, and I typed in "Missouri football" and nothing. They're all in with Mizzou.

This week just proved that traditional looks work better. Gorgeous games to watch.

3 hours ago, KJHillis said:

I was trying to search for their official football Twitter page, and I typed in "Missouri football" and nothing. They're all in with Mizzou.

They've been Mizzou for decades. It's not a recent innovation. My extended family is a from Missouri and I got used to watching Nebraska play them annually in the Big 8 and then Big XII. 

They're all about the Zou. 

I feel like they're pushing the Mizzou moniker more than they used to. I know they changed the endzones from Missouri to Mizzou around the time they left the Big XII for the SEC. 

12 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Can we stop with the "I nominate [random traditional matchup] as uni matchup of the week, so clean!"? There is way, WAY too much orange and white going on there in order for it to look good. Plus personally, Auburn's aways have always sucked, way too much striping to where it looks messy. At least the homes have the blue jersey to make it look more palatable.

Uuuuuuuum you do know that's two schools with orange as a main color right? 

I mean, we could spend time talking about how awful Arizona looked. Or Iowa State. But they're modern and trendy so automatically better than the old stuff. 

I feel enlightened.