College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

On 9/19/2017 at 12:24 AM, Hamptonlantavegas said:

When I said NFL Europe uniforms i mean if the league was still operable in 2017 JMU has that look. Reminds me of the London Monarchs

They'd most likely look like Jacksonville or the Browns if they were still around and changed templates.  Maybe Seattle too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, OKC BUZZ said:

OU is going stormtrooper at Baylor with the "Bring the Wood" alts...

IMG_6130.jpg

Maybe one of the more needless alternates in FBS.  Their normal look is pretty solid. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wazzu is switching out the gray helmets and pants from last week's combo with white for this weekend's game against Nevada:

I'm really not a fan of their new anthracite jerseys since there isn't any crimson or gray on them, but at least they go a little bit better with the white helmets and pants as opposed to the gray ones since the numbers and logos on the jerseys are white. Still, this isn't a good combo for them IMO, and neither was last week's. So far the only combo of theirs I've liked this season was the crimson/crimson/gray from the season opener, and even that combo wasn't as good as it could've been had they worn the gray helmets.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

46 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Wazzu is switching out the gray helmets and pants from last week's combo with white for this weekend's game against Nevada:

I'm really not a fan of their new anthracite jerseys since there isn't any crimson or gray on them, but at least they go a little bit better with the white helmets and pants as opposed to the gray ones since the numbers and logos on the jerseys are white. Still, this isn't a good combo for them IMO, and neither was last week's. So far the only combo of theirs I've liked this season was the crimson/crimson/gray from the season opener, and even that combo wasn't as good as it could've been had they worn the gray helmets.

I thought they looked good in all crimson against Boise State. The Crimson and White looked at least consistent across the uniform pieces. I still don't understand why they simplified so much when they switched templates. They could have just carried over the existing look and been just fine. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

40 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

I was about to get very upset lol.  It wouldn't surprise me to see that actually happen in today's world of college uniforms

8 minutes ago, ColoradoMinesCole said:

WHY CAN'T CU GO GOLD/GREY/GOLD????????????????? BETTER THAN SILVER/BLACK/SILVER TRASH

I personally like the injection of silver back into their color scheme. It gives them more flexibility, and kid of sets them apart, because many teams have silver OR gold, but few have both.

47 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

I personally like the injection of silver back into their color scheme. It gives them more flexibility, and kid of sets them apart, because many teams have silver OR gold, but few have both.

Agreed, also I like how his suggestion was gold/grey/gold, as if grey was ever a part of CU's color pallete, and as if it's somehow drastically better than silver.

On September 19, 2017 at 1:37 PM, ltjets21 said:

Why Black cleats? The Cowboys have worn white cleats for basically their entire history.

That's a Bielema thing. His teams have always worn black cleats and he's crazy superstitious about it. Our players talked him in to wearing white cleats two years ago and they promptly lost to Toledo. He went right back to black cleats the next week. No mention of all the other games he's lost while wearing black cleats though. 

11 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

That would be epic!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 9/18/2017 at 6:35 AM, nuordr said:

That is not even close to the Cowboys...you need multiple shades of red as they are not the same. Oh, and their home pants are not gray, but more like silver-green. 

Edit: Quoted the wrong person. SMH

No they made the right choice. They chose the best Cowboys uniform to ape. The white are awful. Here is an interview with the equipment director. Answers your question about the whites too.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20765469/the-arkansas-razorbacks-travel-dallas-honor-alum-jerry-jones?sf115663184=1

Duke/Carolina will be one of the top uniform matchups of the weekend.  Duke might as well wear that helmet all the time...

Syracuse continues to make their uniforms look like hot garbage.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived