College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

It's not bad, but its also not Green and Gold either.

It's bad in the sense it's completely unncessary.

From the tease yesterday, I was hoping for a white helmet with green/gold/green stripes and maybe the ram head logo on the sides  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Just as bad as Oregon's Webfoot jerseys last season.

I'd say it's much worse, actually. At least Oregon's Webfoot jerseys were significant to the school in that they were a throwback to the early 1900's, albeit with some creative liberties taken. The throwback vibe was diminished when they switched out the tan helmets and pants from the spring game with black helmets and pants for their game vs. UW, but at least the jerseys still had some significance to the school. These new uniforms for CSU just seem so out of the blue and random, and frankly they seem like they should be for a State of Colorado high school football all-star game, but definitely not for CSU.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Davidellias said:

Boy this is out of left field.

I think on their own, those are nice uniforms, but it's actually going to be impossible to tell that CSU is playing. I think it would've been much better had they done this design in CSU colors, would've at least given some indication of who's playing, especially when blue and white are major colors of the school you're playing against.

22 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I'd like to hand out my weekly boo to Arizona. They're a perfect of example of "just because you could, doesn't mean you should." And also boo Colorado State. What even? 

I'd upgrade that to the Yearly Boo. I don't under stand how a school with the at least as high of a profile as Arizona has could get away with looking like they currently do. I know that there are a lot of unis that come out which are fuglier overall, but they at least make sense in that they're usually just trying to be swaggy for the recruits and still, technically, look "professional." The Arizona jerseys are special in that they look as though they were designed by a blind person who had someone describe to them what a football uniform is supposed to look like. Or maybe like someone asked a four-year old to draw in crayon how they think that a blue and red football uniform could appear. It's elements just look so head-scratchingly strange and mishapen. Its almost surreal that this could make it past anyone's drawing board.

Don't even get me started on the mind-numbingly disjointed mix-&-match color combos. Coming from someone who is forced to witness the Jacksonville Jaguars on a weekly basis, I REALLY hate these uniforms.

8 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

Edit: Quoted the wrong person. SMH

No they made the right choice. They chose the best Cowboys uniform to ape. The white are awful. Here is an interview with the equipment director. Answers your question about the whites too.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20765469/the-arkansas-razorbacks-travel-dallas-honor-alum-jerry-jones?sf115663184=1

Good read. I do wish Paul would have asked him why they didn't use the red hog on the helmet. That's my only complaint about an otherwise perfect one off. 

Mississippi State is going with the all-white look at Georgia:

There's been talk about Georgia wearing black on Saturday; they haven't done so against an SEC team since a loss to Alabama in 2008. I think they'll probably stick with red, but don't be shocked if they break out the black jerseys.

Archived