College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

11 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

@ Baylor Football, you're 10 years late to the Black For Black's Sake party. Use green and gold, not black. And CERTAINLY do not use silver...ever!

Common Sense. :P

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, tron1013 said:

Better picture of the CSU "State Pride" set:

csu%20rams%20flag%20uniforms_15060304900

My brother lived in Denver for a few years, now lives in Fukuoka Japan, and said numerous times that if you slapped a Colorado flag on anything, or it said made in Colorado, that it would sell. If they do sell these jerseys to the public I could see a CU grad buying this. I can also see CU doing something like this in the future but maybe in CU colors. It also makes me think how other universities would look if they did a "state pride" uni like CSU.

14 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

While I really like these helmets, I love the gold over all other options because:

1) It looks great! 

and 2) It pisses off Griz fans because we have an "M" on our helmet lol

Very true. At the gold rush game against SDSU this year I thought the white helmets with the Cats script was fantastic. Not really a fan of the other white helmet.

a2BRS8U.png

23 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here's this week's combo for the Ducks:

I was told about this combo earlier in the week by one of my buddies who's connected with the football program, but I wasn't allowed to say anything. Now that I'm seeing the promo images, I'm not sure how I feel about them mixing the chrome winged helmets with these more classic styled white jerseys. It seems like somewhat of a clash of styles, but I still think it looks fairly good overall. This combo is actually somewhat of a throwback to the last time they were in Tempe in 2015, when they wore silver helmets with white jerseys and pants and won a 3OT thriller.

Do a solid green helmet with solid yellow wings

1 hour ago, Viola73 said:

My brother lived in Denver for a few years, now lives in Fukuoka Japan, and said numerous times that if you slapped a Colorado flag on anything, or it said made in Colorado, that it would sell. If they do sell these jerseys to the public I could see a CU grad buying this. I can also see CU doing something like this in the future but maybe in CU colors. It also makes me think how other universities would look if they did a "state pride" uni like CSU.

Have you not seen Maryland's entire uniform set?

6 minutes ago, Lucas718 said:

Arkansas’ Cowboys unis looks great.  The only thing I think would look better would be if they had used a red logo on the helmet instead of a white one. 

I agree.  And while I'm not in love with the idea of a college team paying tribute to a pro team like this (ugh, I hope Wisconsin doesn't dress like the Packers at Lambeau in a couple years) in a vacuum, they are really sharp.

So are the CSU uniforms but I agree they don't really fit the team.    I don't spend as much time in the Concepts thread as I used to but I am sure someone has done a 50 States football series.  This fits nicely into that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

18 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Army/Tulane is a great looking matchup.  Tulane's blue jerseys are probably better than the green jerseys.

Yep, it’s a really nice looking matchup with tremendous balance between the two teams’ uniforms. And I’d agree with you that Tulane’s blue jerseys are the best in their set, especially when paired with the white helmets and pants that they’re wearing today. Really the only issue I have with this look is that they need to flip the stripes on the helmets to green/blue/green to match the pants.

ED127593-99A8-4654-A3FE-98EE90B366A5.thumb.jpeg.e3506ef0c94866df5df00a29ea66bd04.jpegF6917982-E239-4594-98DF-B216C33549A5.thumb.jpeg.1cf268d90ac7e3bc2a7579622f5de3e4.jpeg222488C8-E2F5-4DCE-B548-EE904F5933B2.jpeg.abacdd4400334c2a198a2399bee39e8e.jpeg97DC57AA-EF29-41E8-9EA4-16B8B01F0274.jpeg.e9a69e0c0df39ee0b1e5969acb3d1430.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

App State are wearing all-black decals on their black helmets. So it just looks like an old high school team's blank helmet. 

Wait, what?  Yellow outlines weren't bad enough?

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

50 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Cal looks spectacular. Not a fan of the yellow mask as it's 1) not period correct, and 2) too much yellow up top. Correct grey mask - or even a navy mask - would look amazing.

The yellow mask is definitely part of the uniform

JoeRothvertical.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived