College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

Nothing new at all, but Georgia went red versus black in the spring game. To my knowledge, they had only ever done red versus white.

I was hoping we'd see new uniforms that I've been speculating will transition to the Vapor Untouchable but alas I will have to wait a little longer.

Positive note is that it seems the black set is here to stay. I'm obviously biased but I do think they are one of the nicest alternates in college football.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Unpopular opinion alert: I don't much care for Georgia's helmets. Maybe it's because the single white stripe and white facemask make it seem like they're a red and white team. I don't know.

I've thought the same for a while,  myself. I liked the WBW triple stripe they used in the past. The plain white stripe never made sense to me. 

All this being said,  I absolutely LOVE UGA's uniforms and I think the blackouts are outstanding. 

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

5 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

They actually did a red vs. black spring game in 2008

Sure enough, they did do it! Thanks for the insight. Looks like it wasn't actually 2008 but was 2009. Saw a couple of 2008 videos and it was red versus white.

1 hour ago, BigDmo said:

Oregon seems to have moved to a more sharp version of the wing pattern as seen in the new spring game tees, could be a teaser for the uniforms to come

Green%20Nike%20O%20Wings%202017%20Spring

http://www.uoduckstore.com/Green-Nike-O-Wings-2017-Spring-Game-Legend-Tee?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SM&utm_content=Spring_Game_Tee

They also seem to be using neon accents a bit more lately. The shirt above uses neon yellow/green trim, as do the shoes for the spring game, and the profile pics for their official Twitter and Facebook accounts use it as well (in addition to the new wing pattern). Might be something to look out for in the spring game, and possibly going forward as well (though that would kind of contradict the Oregonian's report about them sticking to actual school colors).

IMG_3665.thumb.JPG.26391eafa32cfa24552ee6126f84595a.JPGIMG_3666.JPG.0b604277edeeefbde41f59a437ae36fa.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 minutes ago, dmhtfld said:

I saw that new wing design on their facebook as well.

18010208_1094961673942834_5047440858427559470_n.jpg

That slogan reeks of desperation. 

"We just went 4-8 after making the title game and winning a Heisman only two years ago!!!! What do we do!?!?!?"

"I dunno, but we better DO SOMETHING!"

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

It's just a shortened version of this slogan:

IMG_3669.thumb.PNG.25b39e8f5475355717843bb2d6f38eb2.PNG

It's really not that odd IMO. It's just about players holding themselves accountable and getting their work done. It's especially relevant considering their recent decline and the change in regime. It's certainly a nice change of pace from "win the day" and "you vs. yesterday".

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That font looks like a bad mix of styles. The normal block O (and somewhat the right side of the D) with the angled corners clashes badly with the 90 degree angles of the G and S. Hope it's not an indicator of the number font because it needs cleaning up.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

They also seem to be using neon accents a bit more lately. The shirt above uses neon yellow/green trim, as do the shoes for the spring game, and the profile pics for their official Twitter and Facebook accounts use it as well (in addition to the new wing pattern). Might be something to look out for in the spring game, and possibly going forward as well (though that would kind of contradict the Oregonian's report about them sticking to actual school colors).

IMG_3665.thumb.JPG.26391eafa32cfa24552ee6126f84595a.JPGIMG_3666.JPG.0b604277edeeefbde41f59a437ae36fa.JPG

Not sure the use of neon accents really contradicts what was said in that article because Oregon has used them in multiple games and the equipment manager never completely clarified which colors could actually be considered part of their "traditional color palette."  It could also be that the neon accents are just for the Spring Game and they revert back to the traditional yellow once the actual season hits.  I like that they're keeping us guessing.

18 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

I love the new logo, but yeah I agree, the shortened "Do Something" might not be the best idea. The full slogan is good tho, maybe use "No Excuses" instead.

Or "Blame No." 

Or "One. Make."

Literally any other pair of consecutive words would be better. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 4/24/2017 at 4:58 PM, MiK said:

giphy.gif

HAHAHA

I feel sorry for the Oregon fans who had to say that last year. And for any future fan who has to say that in any future year.

It sounds like Oregon took that one line from the full motto and said  "Hey Nike, we look even more like bust buds forever!"

No, really, it sounds like that happened, "Do Something" sounds like a lazier and funnier version of "Just Do It".

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Archived