College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I have to say, for some alternate uniforms, Washington State looks okay. Grey is one of their colors, so this fits. Not bad. USC looks good as usual.

I wouldn't say it fits...it's not the right shade of gray.  Every college team in America could wear anthracite and white if they wanted to.  It's AFAS.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As I initially predicted, the Ducks are going black/green/black for tonight’s game against Cal:

I really like this look, as the black goes really well with the apple green and yellow, and the overall look is definitely reminiscent of the 2011 pro combat uniforms which kind of spearheaded the athletic program’s transition from forest green to apple green. Also, it’s interesting that the black pants don’t seem to have the silver swoosh, and instead just have the yellow swoosh that they had last season. Seems like they would’ve wanted to switch to the silver swooshes, especially since they changed out the swooshes on the green jerseys which were also carried over from last season. But that’s a really trivial detail, and doesn’t detract from the overall look at all.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, JTrainGBR83 said:

I can't keep up with cfb uniforms. Did Miami ditch the different colored helmets and the new style they introduced a few years ago?

When did Wazzu get rid of shoulder stripes and number outline?

I actually think Wazzu looks good. A bit too simple but overall I like it.

If it wasn't for Twitter, I would miss most of the uniform updates. Some Twitter pages follow all the football equipment pages and RT the looks for the day. I get 95% of the posts I do from there

The only complaint I have for Wazzu is the removal of the stripes/outlines ; The design feels bland to me with all the dark gray and looks color zapped when i watch. Almost the same feeling for me as watching Eastern Michigan play home games

unnamed__2_.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

9 hours ago, JTrainGBR83 said:

I can't keep up with cfb uniforms. Did Miami ditch the different colored helmets and the new style they introduced a few years ago?

Miami had all those options in their last Nike year so that was a one year wonder set. Adidas took over and was a mess...so bad they had to change nameplates after a game or two. They had a throwback against FSU (current unis) that blew the current adidas set away so they made orange/green/white versions of all the pieces with the classic helmet and an all black set with a black helmet.

KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, djam2410 said:

If it wasn't for Twitter, I would miss most of the uniform updates. Some Twitter pages follow all the football equipment pages and RT the looks for the day. I get 95% of the posts I do from there

The only complaint I have for Wazzu is the removal of the stripes/outlines ; The design feels bland to me with all the dark gray and looks color zapped when i watch. Almost the same feeling for me as watching Eastern Michigan play home games

unnamed__2_.jpg

If you're watching enough EMU home games to be reminded by other things of watching EMU home games... well, I hear your cry for help loud and clear.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

As I initially predicted, the Ducks are going black/green/black for tonight’s game against Cal:

I really like this look, as the black goes really well with the apple green and yellow, and the overall look is definitely reminiscent of the 2011 pro combat uniforms which kind of spearheaded the athletic program’s transition from forest green to apple green. Also, it’s interesting that the black pants don’t seem to have the silver swoosh, and instead just have the yellow swoosh that they had last season. Seems like they would’ve wanted to switch to the silver swooshes, especially since they changed out the swooshes on the green jerseys which were also carried over from last season. But that’s a really trivial detail, and doesn’t detract from the overall look at all.

They really nailed the color balance on these uniforms. Black and yellow heavy on the helmets and pants, with touches of black on the jersey to tie it all together. It's a good, modern look for Oregon.

Penn State - wearing the fauxbacks, with the numbers on the helmet - looks pretty good; Oregon's uniform looks pretty good in the preview pics; North Carolina looked good in all blue; Northwestern vs. Wisconsin was a good looking game.

Edit - Wake Forest's helmets are pretty good...regular gloss finish, Deacon on both sides.

14 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

What's up with this guy's logo?  It looks way different than the prototype picture and this one:

The odd one is a photoshop with a Bugle chip.

I'm guessing Iowa has been wearing the smaller number decals on the helmet all year...not a fan though.  Something folksy and charming about the big numbers on the back.

Archived