College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Washington has been promoting a purple-out for the game vs. Cal this weekend.

Coach Pete apparently has said they'll wear the regular gold helmets but a change to the purple jersey.  I wonder if that means just wearing the purple pants or having a new purple jersey with no black.  Fingers crossed.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

1 hour ago, lilgump said:

Washington has been promoting a purple-out for the game vs. Cal this weekend.

Coach Pete apparently has said they'll wear the regular gold helmets but a change to the purple jersey.  I wonder if that means just wearing the purple pants or having a new purple jersey with no black.  Fingers crossed.

If it means the "Husky Stadium" tribute is removed then good. Maybe they got their Vapor shipment in late?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

https://twitter.com/kennesawstfb/status/914927358234292225

Kennesaw State, which has worn many different uniforms in its first 3 years, broke out the Eagles' style winged helmets along with grey alternates for Saturday. I'm actually a big fan ... one, because this helmet was on a popular concept when we first announced football and two because grey is a prominent tertiary color for us and pairs really well with the gold. Fun alternate.

51 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

https://twitter.com/kennesawstfb/status/914927358234292225

Kennesaw State, which has worn many different uniforms in its first 3 years, broke out the Eagles' style winged helmets along with grey alternates for Saturday. I'm actually a big fan ... one, because this helmet was on a popular concept when we first announced football and two because grey is a prominent tertiary color for us and pairs really well with the gold. Fun alternate.

Not trying to dig on Kennesaw State, but it astonishes me even now that every single adidas uniform that isn't from a top tier D1 school looks like a high school or D3 uniform. That is a perfectly fine uniform that purely because of the template looks like it belongs on a high school field. Even as an FCS school this is ridiculous, there is no reason a plain grey uniform with a perfectly fine helmet should instantly ring "texas 5A football". I know bashing adidas is nothing new but it's still shocking how this has been a problem ever since the first techfit and has not been fixed yet.

12 hours ago, rickyISking said:

It would be nice if Colorado actually wore gold. Silver and white is nice, but its about time to break out some gold. 

It'd also be nice if they went back to darker gold rather than this tan/beige they have.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

39 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Washington.PNG

The Huskies haven’t yet announced what combo they’ll be wearing this weekend for their purple-out game, though that more than likely will be what they go with. That image isn’t for this week’s game though, it’s actually from 2014 when they initially unveiled their current set:

https://www.huskiesnewera.com/uniforms

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Huskies haven’t yet announced what combo they’ll be wearing this weekend for their purple-out game, though that more than likely will be what they go with. That image is actually from 2014 though when they initially unveiled their current set:

https://www.huskiesnewera.com/uniforms

Okay...well I stole this from UniSwag...so I guess we will see. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Okay...well I stole this from UniSwag...so I guess we will see. 

I don’t mean to suggest that UW won’t be wearing that combo, as I’d be really surprised if they didn’t, I’m just pointing out that that image you posted is from 2014, and that they haven’t actually announced what combo they’ll be in.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, upperV03 said:

I don’t mean to suggest that UW won’t be wearing that combo, as I’d be really surprised if they didn’t, I’m just pointing out that that image you posted is from 2014, and that they haven’t actually announced what combo they’ll be in.

I know and I was explaining to you that I got it from UniSwag. I will point this information out to them. Thanks

spacer.png

Archived