College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nobizshowbiz said:

The uniforms for this game are already decided, Nebraska will wear these 1997 throwback uniforms. 

unl.jpg.b5a466c0816c79357ae6778f79e075cf.jpg

https://twitter.com/HuskerFBNation/status/915208568084635650

That template is so ass you can't even do a proper throwback without putting the stripes on a separate layer than the actual jersey. At least they'll have the MAXIMUM GRIP TIGHT TUSH TECHNOLOGY to help them out for when they get their asses kicked by by Wisconsin this week.

12 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

That template is so ass you can't even do a proper throwback without putting the stripes on a separate layer than the actual jersey. At least they'll have the MAXIMUM GRIP TIGHT TUSH TECHNOLOGY to help them out for when they get their asses kicked by by Wisconsin this week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but but I think Adidas has, through Miami (and Nebraska, to point a fact), exemplified their ability to incorporate actual, non-sublimated stripes onto the the PrimeKnit template(1). I think these Nebraska jerseys are trying to replicate the look of the large shoulder numbers on the '97 team, and basically were left with no room left for the stripe on the sleeve, seeing as the sleeve cap is quite small. I actually kinda like the stripe on the base layer, cause some players will have it showing, and some players wont due to sleeves, etc. and that hearkens back to the actual '97 team where many players rolled up their sleeves fully or part-way, creating an almost rag-tag group of stripeless, single-stripers, and double-stripers(2). I don't think this was intentional by Adidas, but if it was, bravo.

(1)miami.png.0401a9edfb09e7a56ef3742f8aa62667.png

(2)59d50f6ac0fbc_nebraska001.jpg.56dad6dd44a019e78eb4eb4b0fbb7237.jpg

1 hour ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but but I think Adidas has, through Miami (and Nebraska, to point a fact), exemplified their ability to incorporate actual, non-sublimated stripes onto the the PrimeKnit template(1). I think these Nebraska jerseys are trying to replicate the look of the large shoulder numbers on the '97 team, and basically were left with no room left for the stripe on the sleeve, seeing as the sleeve cap is quite small. I actually kinda like the stripe on the base layer, cause some players will have it showing, and some players wont due to sleeves, etc. and that hearkens back to the actual '97 team where many players rolled up their sleeves fully or part-way, creating an almost rag-tag group of stripeless, single-stripers, and double-stripers(2). I don't think this was intentional by Adidas, but if it was, bravo.

(1)miami.png.0401a9edfb09e7a56ef3742f8aa62667.png

(2)59d50f6ac0fbc_nebraska001.jpg.56dad6dd44a019e78eb4eb4b0fbb7237.jpg

I mean I absolutely know it was, but it looks ridiculous to have a part of the uniform not really be a part of the uniform (not all the players are gonna wear that, it happens every time). Just put the stripes on the shoulder, no one is gonna throw a serious fit if it's not literally perfect (which it still isn't even as is).

Wazzu going all-white this Saturday at Oregon:

Not bad, but I was hoping for either crimson/white/crimson, crimson/white/white, or white/white/crimson. Oregon will almost surely be in yellow jerseys, yellow or black pants, and yellow, chrome, or black helmets, so some more crimson from the Cougs would’ve been nice to contrast Oregon’s bright yellow.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The VT uniform for this weeks game at Boston College this combo was last worn at the Liberty Bowl, which was Beamer’s last game, which they won. I’m happy about the orange pants, not too crazy about the white face mask... 

8 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

I mean I absolutely know it was, but it looks ridiculous to have a part of the uniform not really be a part of the uniform (not all the players are gonna wear that, it happens every time). Just put the stripes on the shoulder, no one is gonna throw a serious fit if it's not literally perfect (which it still isn't even as is).

Wasn't this board praising Nike for the idea when they tried it on Oregon State's Pro Combat uniform.

Oregon-State-Pro-Combat-Uniforms2.jpg

Adidas has used the undershirt as an extension of the uniform in the past. I do wish the whole team would wear the undershirt though as it does seem off to have some players have an uniform element such as sleeve numbers and others not

Screen_Shot_2013-06-20_at_8.56.21_AM.png

On 10/3/2017 at 9:42 PM, CrimsonBull9584 said:

A Black Out, for any school, is never a good idea.

Normally, I'd be quick to call BFBS, but when your team's starting defense is known as the Blackshirts it seems appropriate to ask fans to wear, well... black shirts. At least there's an actual reason (debate it's merits if you wish) instead of just "black is cool." 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Wasn't this board praising Nike for the idea when they tried it on Oregon State's Pro Combat uniform.

Oregon-State-Pro-Combat-Uniforms2.jpg

Adidas has used the undershirt as an extension of the uniform in the past. I do wish the whole team would wear the undershirt though as it does seem off to have some players have an uniform element such as sleeve numbers and others not

Screen_Shot_2013-06-20_at_8.56.21_AM.png

It is theoretically a great idea if everyone wears them, however it turns out not everyone ever does, so you get a missing, normally important, part of the uniform for no other reason than "it wouldn't fit on our stretchy pants template lol". Both of those uniforms can function without it, that Nebraska throwback is going to look unbearably plain without any stripes.

52 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

It is theoretically a great idea if everyone wears them, however it turns out not everyone ever does, so you get a missing, normally important, part of the uniform for no other reason than "it wouldn't fit on our stretchy pants template lol". Both of those uniforms can function without it, that Nebraska throwback is going to look unbearably plain without any stripes.

It becomes especially fishy to me when something that is technically part of the jersey isn't even featured on the fan replica.

Untitled.thumb.png.c0b28a29f6468b0feca482d3cba6b116.png

It's... just a red shirt with spotty numbers on it...

9 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

The VT uniform for this weeks game at Boston College this combo was last worn at the Liberty Bowl, which was Beamer’s last game, which they won. I’m happy about the orange pants, not too crazy about the white face mask... 

The white facemask is awesome (coming from a guy who thought VT's '90s unis were great).  Overall, love this look against an old Big East rival, and orange pants are great.  Like a homage to the 1993 Independence Bowl team, which kind of got things going for Beamer. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 10/3/2017 at 11:59 PM, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

It sounds like your hatred for Nebraska is clouding your judgment and making you extra salty. I like the uniform. 

6 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

You lost me there. 

Remove the undershirt from that Oregon State uniform and you have a black shirt with an orange number. 

It's basically the same look as Nebraska, so I'm not sure why you hate one and love the other. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived