College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

Arkansas is wearing their anthracite uniforms tonight vs Auburn. Honestly, the jersey and pants are that bad. The helmet is where it loses me. The logo and facemask are both chrome. In certain lights - basically every angle when on the field - the razorback is invisible on the helmet. The chrome mask contrasts so much with the shell. The helmet needs some red to fit a bit better.

DMsvw6eUQAEDjHp.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't mind U of M going with the maize pants on the road once or twice a season, but they really need to keep the all white as the primary road look... Its so clean and sharp.

No.  The white jerseys/maize pants should ALWAYS be their primary road unis.  Maybe one game a year they can wear the all white.  Only Penn State, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma etc. should use the all white because they have always done it.  Michigan hardly ever did it until Harbaugh took over, and IMO I am not a fan of it.

5 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

No.  The white jerseys/maize pants should ALWAYS be their primary road unis.  Maybe one game a year they can wear the all white.  Only Penn State, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma etc. should use the all white because they have always done it.  Michigan hardly ever did it until Harbaugh took over, and IMO I am not a fan of it.

I don't care who has always done it and who hasn't.  U of M looks better in white pants.

8 hours ago, DNAsports said:

White face masks would have really pulled the look together 

I'd say give Arizona a white facemask and Cal a gold facemask. Those contrasts would have improved both looks.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 10/20/2017 at 5:06 PM, matthew516 said:

Who wore it better?

rams.PNGrams2.PNG

It's a step in the right direction for Mizzou. Should have never went away from the block M in the first place!

Also I really like that Rams helmet with the white facemask esp with the road uniforms that hardly have any gold. Would like to see it with just a navy and white home uniform.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

There's a uniform that's been floating around the last week or so that is being sold at one of the on-campus shops. Somebody posted this one that they picked up. I was sort of skeptical that it could be a fashion jersey, but I think this could be worn against Colorado in their "Salute to Service" game. The Pac 12 patch on there makes me think it could be legit, as I've never seen that on any other replica jersey before. Not sure what helmet and pants it would be yet, but it's something to look out for in the next couple weeks leading up to that game. 

7760079.JPG7760078.JPG

3 minutes ago, goDEVILS said:

There's a uniform that's been floating around the last week or so that is being sold at one of the on-campus shops. Somebody posted this one that they picked up. I was sort of skeptical that it could be a fashion jersey, but I think this could be worn against Colorado in their "Salute to Service" game. The Pac 12 patch on there makes me think it could be legit, as I've never seen that on any other replica jersey before. Not sure what helmet and pants it would be yet, but it's something to look out for in the next couple weeks leading up to that game. 

7760079.JPG7760078.JPG

Is that nameplate not too low? They typically go above that horizontal stitch.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

3 minutes ago, goDEVILS said:

7760079.JPG7760078.JPG

Seriously, just exhume Tillman and put him in a glass case like Lenin. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

38 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Arizona State confirmed. Back of helmet is a nice touch to tie it in to the school (more than just the exhausted Tillman memorial)

I wasn't sure about these when they were described to me after a meeting but they look really nice in person.

Adidas Press Release: HERE

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

32 minutes ago, BucksFan5 said:

These could've been really good with scarlet numbers and stripes, but whatever.

Edit: some more

NZkjbrA.png

nGemzm2.jpg

I read somewhere that the pattern was supposed to mimic wolves fur?  Something about Ohio State referring to the Horseshoe or Ohio State as "The Land of Wolves."

Are the buckeye leaves red with full black background?  Could be a complete blunder.  I'm not sure having red buckeyes leaves was a good move, either.  In my opinion, just the block O should have been red.  Everything else should have been gray.

Side note: Anyone have a website for the Riddle helmets?  I'm looking for some of the original Pro Combat helmet replicas. 

Ohio State's alternate uniforms look better than what I expected from the previous leaks, but a few things still irk me. 

-Remove the pattern from the helmet and match its color to the color of the jersey and pants

-Match the color of the helmet striping to the sleeve striping 

-Make the buckeye leaves silver or dark gray

The wolf pattern on the numbers is subtle enough that I don't absolutely hate it, but some of these minor inconsistencies take away from what could be a surprisingly very good one-off alternate. 

Archived