College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

True. It's almost 7 years old isn't it? 

UCLA Bruins football uniforms

It's actually over 8 years old as UCLA wore this starting in 2010. The only major changes were the pattern and the neckline. 

Texas A&M Aggies football uniforms

Michigan Wolverines football uniforms

The one holdout that was Michigan, but only for the home jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's actually over 8 years old as UCLA wore this starting in 2010. The only major changes were the pattern and the neckline. 

Texas A&M Aggies football uniforms

The one holdout that was Michigan, but only for the home jerseys.

Well to be fair the ones on top for UCLA and TAMU aren't really close to the current template. I believe those to be the original techfit and the schockweb jerseys. Both of their collar cuts are pretty different, and the fact that neither of them had sleeve caps is really what sets them apart from the current PrimeKnit jerseys. I hate the PrimeKnit pattern on the current jerseys, but at least now the stripes are EITHER on the sides of the shoulders OR on top of the shoulders, instead of in no mans land up there. (See Nebraska, circa 2012)*

Rex+Burkhead+Nebraska+v+Ohio+State+w7qaw*

9 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I'm surprised they haven't released a new template altogether yet. The current template is outdated and other manufacturers have released a number of other templates since this one came out.

The CFL template, among others, is available to all Adidas schools..

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

True. It's almost 7 years old isn't it? 

This template is only 2, maybe 3 years old..

Utah is going all-white for their trip to Oregon this weekend:

07F85C74-F28E-4C7D-A734-D8B3FF14F4E4.thumb.jpeg.0f67474e267c8116682ebc7ad2b45b31.jpeg

The Ducks are calling for fans to wear black, so I’d say there’s a decent chance they’ll have some new black jerseys and will go all-black. At the very least I’m expecting them to wear black helmets and pants. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm thinking that if they don't break out a new black jersey, they'll go with the yellow jerseys paired with the black helmet and jersey, which is what they wore against ASU last season.  If they do break out a new jersey, I wonder if it'll be similar to this shirt they've been selling this season.

Nike%20Once%20a%20Duck%20Local%20Verbiage%20Tee_Black-1.jpg

47 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I'm thinking that if they don't break out a new black jersey, they'll go with the yellow jerseys paired with the black helmet and jersey, which is what they wore against ASU last season.  If they do break out a new jersey, I wonder if it'll be similar to this shirt they've been selling this season.

Nike%20Once%20a%20Duck%20Local%20Verbiage%20Tee_Black-1.jpg

Yeah, they’ve been selling that shirt for a couple months now. It would make sense for them to have a black version of the current green jerseys, especially since they debuted the white version this season as well, but it’d be a little surprising for them to have that shirt available for so long if it was indeed a clue at new black jerseys. Usually they try to avoid giving any clues at new stuff, at least until shortly before the new stuff is unveiled. The Twitter account for their equipment staff posted a pic yesterday of their student managers cleaning the Doernbecher cleats, so it seems likely they’ll wear those again this Saturday. If that’s the case, black/yellow/black does seem relatively likely, or I could see them unveiling new black jerseys with silver and yellow accents. A black version of their yellow jerseys would make sense, especially considering the walls at Autzen have a similar pattern to the yellow jerseys, except in black and silver.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Wazzu going white/white/crimson on Saturday at Arizona:

The crimson pants seem like a big mistake since Arizona will be in all red. This would’ve been a good week for them to break out the gray helmets and pants, IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

21 minutes ago, Hypnotic said:

The black is unneeded and I wish they would let them get alternates. WVU is becoming bland and needs an entire refresh.

Hopefully they move over to the Vapor next year and ditch black completely.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

WVU going all blue for there annual "True Blue" game against OK State.

Image result for wvu all blue

This looks like something better suited for the US Naval Academy.

Think its time for WVU to revisit the drawing board...

...or revert back to their previous look from the Noel Devine/Steve Slaton/Pat White/Owen Schmitt days. /personalopinion

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

UNC breaking out the navy alternate jerseys and pants with white helmets this weekend against Miami:

I personally would’ve gone with the light blue helmets since the numbers on the jerseys are light blue, and also since Miami will be in their white helmets.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Wazzu going white/white/crimson on Saturday at Arizona:

The crimson pants seem like a big mistake since Arizona will be in all red. This would’ve been a good week for them to break out the gray helmets and pants, IMO.

Yeah I thought they'd at least go all white or wear one of the 100 shades of grey they have.

West Virginia missed an opportunity to have been able to create a new set based on their 1st Pro Combat uniforms, I still think that would have been a sharp look.

UNC looks clean in navy as a once-a-year look. Washington State should've gone silver helmet/crimson facemask, white jersey, crimson pants.

On 10/21/2017 at 7:01 PM, BJ Sands said:

Me: I’m not sure how anybody could wreck Miami’s uniforms. 

adidas: Hold my beer. 

(What a stupid template. Looks even dumber on a jersey with traditional striping.)

E16F96E8-0BCB-4C66-AC85-5DB6ACE2A509.jpeg

Still better then the previous set they had. I really hate that pattern 

What I like best about Wazzu is their colors.  The absence of gray hurts this look.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived