College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if Miami will keep the classic look? If they do, I hope they would add a green jersey and pant option. The problem became when they had three pants and shirts, they rarely mix and matched and did a ton of monochrome. I won't let my personal disdain for adidas let me comment on tire treads, white/silver or black/silver crap they pulled.

KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, hormone said:

Does anyone know if Miami will keep the classic look? If they do, I hope they would add a green jersey and pant option. The problem became when they had three pants and shirts, they rarely mix and matched and did a ton of monochrome. I won't let my personal disdain for adidas let me comment on tire treads, white/silver or black/silver crap they pulled.

Richt specifically wants to keep them, that's why after the Florida State game they never went back to the  rebranded uniform.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Hoping Maryland goes back to the white pennant helmets. That's the best helmet they've had in recent years.

I disagree. While it's a nice look, I love their airbrushed/hand-painted/whatever-they-are, 'waving flag' helmets they've been using a lot recently. 

mdua.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

1 hour ago, mr.nascar13 said:

I disagree. While it's a nice look, I love their airbrushed/hand-painted/whatever-they-are, 'waving flag' helmets they've been using a lot recently. 

mdua.jpg

To each their own. I never liked these. Same goes for the very first flag inspired helmets Maryland brought out. The white pennant helmet was their best IMO.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

42 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yes but it hasn't been worn in 2 years. At least I haven't seen it since they announced the hand brushed helmets as the full time helmet.

I've only seen mini replicas in the bookstore.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's his high school jersey morphing into last year's green jersey. It's also a Mach Speed which is an older jersey.  

It's a Twitter photo edit that a lot of players have done once they make a commitment.  No big deal.

On 12/29/2016 at 9:41 PM, See Red said:

I'm not sure this is all that newsworthy but Florida got a bunch of Jordan brand gear in advance of their bowl game this year so that had some people in team circles wondering if Florida would be switching to Jordan brand full-time but I guess they will not be.  Whether they do or don't, I think the uniforms need some kind of refresh.

Jordan warmups were available to all of the contract Nike schools for bowl gear this year. Most went with standard Nike, but several selected Jordan. Nothing to read into there. 

6 hours ago, BRice16 said:

Jordan warmups were available to all of the contract Nike schools for bowl gear this year. Most went with standard Nike, but several selected Jordan. Nothing to read into there. 

That's news to me.  It appears Florida was the only one IIRC (along with Michigan).  It would really make my day if the Gators do go to the Jordan brand beginning in '17.  Let's hope they do the next few months, with new football jerseys with the Jumpman added to it.

Florida plays Michigan opening week next season, could be the first Jordan vs. Jordan meeting (let's keep fingers crossed).

5 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

That's news to me.  It appears Florida was the only one IIRC (along with Michigan).  It would really make my day if the Gators do go to the Jordan brand beginning in '17.  Let's hope they do the next few months, with new football jerseys with the Jumpman added to it.

Florida plays Michigan opening week next season, could be the first Jordan vs. Jordan meeting (let's keep fingers crossed).

I wonder if North Carolina would jump on board as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

I could see a team like Ohio State jumping on the LeBron brand fully within the next couple seasons, football and all.

I've thought about this but it seems like the Jordan brand has always been different. Almost positioned as an offshoot premium brand. When Michigan became the first football program to wear Jordan, cleats and gloves were already being mass produced. 

As of right now most Lebron stuff is just Nike apparel like warm ups, socks, etc. No cleats, gloves or other equipment. Even his basketball shoes are branded Nike, but have the Lebron crown logo incorporated somewhere. 

Archived