College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

That’s actually pretty tame.  Just a different helmet with regular road jerseys, though the pants do look out of place.  Their anthracite unis-with-only-yellow-accents were far worse.  West Virginia also looks worse.

Great looking games elsewhere on the dial: Michigan/Wisconsin, Pitt/VT.  Cincinnati and Indiana with great fauxback helmets.  

On the FCS side, kind of disappointed Lehigh is wearing white/brown/white instead of gold/brown/gold.  Usually one of the better-looking rivalry games.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Miami's NOB font stinks.  But everything else looks great.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Luckily the Gophers got stomped so hopefully they never wear that helmet or pants again.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, they need to stick to the classic Maroon and Gold.  Gold pants should be worn 98% of the time. It's a great classic look no reason to mess with it

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

^Yep, they’re doing their best Rams impression:

DO7X34iW4AI3xcK?format=jpg

I don't get this. You have gold decals and gold on your uniform. But don't use the gold logos. You have away uniforms that have no gold on them at all and if you place these helmets with the away uniforms would look so much better but yet they keep the misplaced gold on the blue helmets when wearing the white set. MOD EDIT

5 hours ago, jsr862 said:

I don't get this. You have gold decals and gold on your uniform. But don't use the gold logos. You have away uniforms that have no gold on them at all and if you place these helmets with the away uniforms would look so much better but yet they keep the misplaced gold on the blue helmets when wearing the white set. MOD EDIT

That's not really a cool thing to say. Autism doesn't equate to stupid, illogical or poor taste. Try another figure of speech.

1 hour ago, PhysicalGraffiti said:

Is that green lighter/brighter than their school colors?

Over the years I've begun to forget what shade of yellow and green is technically correct. The green in your sig looks darker.

Oregon has gone towards the kelly green the past couple seasons as the default green.  About the only team using the dark green is the baseball team and even that is limited to one or two jerseys.

First look at the Ducks on the field:

DO85IhUVoAAdsWv?format=jpg

Unlike what the release images showed, the players are wearing the green and black cleats rather than the white and yellow Doernbecher cleats. The green cleats go better with this combo anyways, so I’d say that’s a positive change. With the cleat switch, the only difference with this combo from what they wore in the season opener is the logo on the nose bumper. For this game, it’s the Duck logo, whereas in the season opener it was the green ‘O’.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, jsr862 said:

Are you serious?!? That absolutely ridiculous and uncool to say. There are plenty of other ways to call uniform decisions stupid, come on...

Archived