College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kabbey520 said:

Any of our resident sun devils know what they're wearing for the T Cup game?

I should know what UA is wearing later today.

Arizona has been wearing the blue lids in practice. So I'm guessing B/W/B again or B/W/R

a2BRS8U.png

16 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

As a WVU fan, IMO, WVU needs this: 

2 Helmets: Blue and Gold

3 Uniforms: Blue, White, and Gold

3 Pants: Gold, White, Blue

Classic, and iconic. Keep it simple. Minimize black and no stupid helmet decal swaps like on Saturday. 

What infuriates me is that the average college football fan knows it, wvu alum and fans know it. Rich Rod added those dreadful batwings when he took over for Nehlen. Then a year after Holgs took over they release our current sets. I just dont understand how other schools like pump out new unis and alternates yearly but WVU does nothing. Is it the school or Nike that wants no part of us. Also way back in the 50-60's WVU actually used true old gold as a color. Something like in between what Pitt uses now and Notre Dame/Colorado. The helmet below is an old helmet. I wish they would use that gold color and blue. I just wish we would have a refresh. Its sad our school and sports department people think they look great and they dont.1.jpg.edd204eb082735c7a08e5c6d79bdb852.jpg

2 hours ago, Hypnotic said:

What infuriates me is that the average college football fan knows it, wvu alum and fans know it. Rich Rod added those dreadful batwings when he took over for Nehlen. Then a year after Holgs took over they release our current sets. I just dont understand how other schools like pump out new unis and alternates yearly but WVU does nothing. Is it the school or Nike that wants no part of us. Also way back in the 50-60's WVU actually used true old gold as a color. Something like in between what Pitt uses now and Notre Dame/Colorado. The helmet below is an old helmet. I wish they would use that gold color and blue. I just wish we would have a refresh. Its sad our school and sports department people think they look great and they dont.1.jpg.edd204eb082735c7a08e5c6d79bdb852.jpg

All West Virginia needs to do is get rid of the black shoulders on the home jersey, change the number font to something more legible and add a throwback design if they insist on using the older state outline design. A blue helmet should never have the white WV logo, only gold. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

26 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon going all-green for the Civil War:

A good look, and one I was expecting them to use sometime this season, but I would’ve much preferred the yellow pants to balance out the green and yellow a bit more for the Civil War. Frankly I would’ve just preferred it if they had used this combo last week and saved the yellow/green/yellow, or even green/green/yellow, for this week’s rivalry game. Also, I’m pretty sure the monochromatic yellow duck head nose bumpers are new, as I don’t recall seeing them before. They definitely haven’t been used this season, and I don’t believe they’ve been used in past seasons, either.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Wonder if OSU will go all orange in response. I was hoping color-v-color would become a thing in the Civil War like a few years ago

I like color-on-color for rivalry games. USC vs UCL is always a gorgeous game and I wish Michigan vs Ohio State would be that way, too. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

42 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Wonder if OSU will go all orange in response. I was hoping color-v-color would become a thing in the Civil War like a few years ago

Their players were wearing the white game helmets in practice today, so all-orange is out. Chances are it won’t be color on color unless OSU goes white/orange/white, but that seems pretty unlikely to me. Probably the best we can hope for is white/white/orange (although I wouldn’t be surprised if they go all-white like they did two years ago in the CW):

5811276c56b06.image.jpg?resize=1200,779

If they were to go that route, it’d make for a pretty similar matchup to the 2014 edition, albeit without as much yellow and orange:

mariota_game_00.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 minutes ago, kabbey520 said:

No info on Arizona this week. Not sure if it’s gonna be a surprise or what.

Is the copper thing still going on between ASU and Zona ? Any chance they break out an alternate based on that? 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

18 hours ago, upperV03 said:

5811276c56b06.image.jpg?resize=1200,779

mariota_game_00.jpg

For as long as Oregon State has had this current set, I've been trying to figure out why it seems to keep my attention. That top picture seems to have really hammered it home for me.

I'd seen it before, but now I really see just how muted that orange is. And yet it's still bright enough to bounce off the black without looking too dull. 

I think looking at these and Oklahoma State's sets really helps me see it. They use that super-bright orange like what Oregon State used to use which helps to differentiate the two now.

Sorta off-topic: OK State's sets and brand identity has low-key become one of if not  favorite in all of college football. Even through I'd rather them stay away from all the overuse of black and gray, just about every combo they've worn in this era has grown on me--probably due to all the intricate details and the way it all meshes together, even more so than Oregon's, I think. I can tell Nike took their time with this--and unlike some of their work, none of this seems forced, robotic (see West Virgina) or overdesigned. Oregon State's sets aren't far behind in my book-they're right up there probably in my top 5 if not top 10.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

The copper helmet has been retired by UA. They turned them in to the red chrome.

Yeah, didn't have much success with the Coppers, hopefully the chromes get retired as well. That 2013 game against ASU was the last time we wore copper and it was a rough one.

a2BRS8U.png

1 hour ago, H11K said:

Yeah, didn't have much success with the Coppers, hopefully the chromes get retired as well. That 2013 game against ASU was the last time we wore copper and it was a rough one.

I think we're like 1-4 or 5 in the chrome red with the only win coming vs. asu last year.

Wazzu finally going with both the gray helmets AND pants this season for this weekend’s Apple Cup game:

They got it right by going with the gray helmets and pants, but they screwed it up a little bit by going with the white decals and facemasks instead of crimson. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Wazzu finally going with both the gray helmets AND pants this season for this weekend’s Apple Cup game:

They got it right by going with the gray helmets and pants, but they screwed it up a little bit by going with the white decals and facemasks instead of crimson. 

I wouldn't mind a crimson decal with white facemask(or vice versa). But the white decals with the white facemasks leave a lot to be desired.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

47 minutes ago, TGroce said:

Have we speculated at all about Ohio St. perhaps placing a scarlet "X" over any "M" in a player's last name on the back of their jersey this weekend?

ff_2962464_full.jpg&w=600

Considering the fact that this happened, I honestly wouldn't doubt it lol88206_h.jpg?itok=X9uaGO9o

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2017/11/88206/not-even-mms-safe-from-removal-of-m-from-ohio-states-campus

spacer.png

Archived