College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

24 minutes ago, H11K said:

I don't have a picture, but UCF has a picture of each respective player on their helmet inside of the logo. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Just turned to the game and was wondering what was up with their logos since they all looked a bit different.  Makes sense now.

As for Navy's Blue Angels uniforms, I'm surprised they didn't go with yellow helmets instead since Blue Angel pilots wear yellow helmets with blue flight suits.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some schools do a team unity special uniform. Some do a military or patriotic theme. Some use a campus landmark. 

And then some just plaster their own faces on...speaks to just about every UCF person I know! ?

3 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Good point. I just hate the fact that their uniform parts have don't have as much cohesion as I thought the last set did. Just my opinion. 

Oh no, I completely agree, their last set was much more cohesive and had a much better distribution of colors. But that’s why with this new set they should wear the gray helmets and pants (not anthracite) with the white and crimson jerseys as much as possible, especially when playing their rivals, because otherwise they end up looking like a red and white team, or a red, white, and black (anthracite) team.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here’s a better look at the Oregon State combo with the new monochromatic black and white Beaver decals for tomorrow’s Civil War game:

DPcB2ODUQAEA4od?format=jpg

Definitely a dissapointing move by the Beavs. They really could’ve made it a good looking matchup against the Ducks’ all-green, but instead it’ll just be pretty mediocre. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Missouri vs Arkansas is color vs color. Mizzou with stealth black lids, black jerseys and black pants. Crimson tops and white pants for Arkansas. Surprisingly not a horrible look.

Mizzou's helmets were exceptionally stupid, but other than that, a good looking game. I still want Mizzou to try the oversized Tiger head, but fully colored instead of all these mono-colored versions. I'd also like to say that Arkansas' current set (sans anthracite alts) is possibly their best look ever. 

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

^Here it is:

Kinda surprised the helmets didn't have visors with mirrors on the inside.  Having a picture of yourself in the decal is a little too much self- love.

I want to like UVA's helmet...the logo on both sides would really make that a great helmet. Plus it might be cool to have one orange stripe and one navy stripe on both the helmet and pants, like they used to do in the 80s/90s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a better look at the Oregon State combo with the new monochromatic black and white Beaver decals for tomorrow’s Civil War game:

DPcB2ODUQAEA4od?format=jpg

Definitely a dissapointing move by the Beavs. They really could’ve made it a good looking matchup against the Ducks’ all-green, but instead it’ll just be pretty mediocre. 

Full Stormtrooper looks do not get enough crap flung their way. It's always such a forgettable look, especially when teams have better road looks to work with. Shame on any team, really, that tries to use all-white as a way to build hype. What a boring way to look bad.

2 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Full Stormtrooper looks do not get enough crap flung their way. It's always such a forgettable look, especially when teams have better road looks to work with. Shame on any team, really, that tries to use all-white as a way to build hype. What a boring way to look bad.

I think he's saying that their all-white look would have been decent if they had gone with their normal helmet logo instead of the new monochromatic helmet logo.

11 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I think he's saying that their all-white look would have been decent if they had gone with their normal helmet logo instead of the new monochromatic helmet logo.

Sort of, but also that they could’ve made it a really nice matchup by going with a different combo altogether. I don’t mind their regular all-white look, but there are several other combos of theirs that would look better against the Ducks’ all-green. Personally I like it when they emphasize orange for the Civil War, and if they didn’t wanna wear the orange jerseys and go color on color, then I would’ve liked to have seen white/white/orange or orange/white/orange instead of all-white with the crappy new monochromatic decals.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 hours ago, upperV03 said:

^Here it is:

Also, it looks like Navy has some special Blue Angels-themed uniforms in the works for this year’s Army/Navy game:

‘Bout time, though I really hope they’re not putting actual aircraft on the helmet. If so, Air Force wins this concept battle by a mile.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived