buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

Recommended Posts

Ohio State looks like :censored:. At least in the past when they’ve worn alternates for The Game, they still generally looked like Ohio State and the uniforms featured healthy doses of scarlet and gray. But from afar they don’t look like the Buckeyes at all today. It’s an absolute crime that they insist on ruining this classic matchup that always used to be one of the best matchups of the year, if not the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching some of these early games gives me a chance to think... I see Kansas and think to myself "Thank god for the basketball team" because not only do the Jayhawks suck on the field, their look with the dueling helmet logos sucks as well.

 

Tulane and SMU is a nice looking game IMO. SMU in black is weird, but I think the red chrome helmet makes it stand out more and of course people around here love them some Angry Wave.

 

East Carolina and Memphis isn't too bad... except for the dueling logos Memphis has. I hate this trend so... damn... much! It makes your school look very schizophrenic. Same to you, Florida.

 

Indiana and Purdue looks great. The Hoosiers have a new helmet today and boy, it looks great. Crimson 'I' and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

Watching some of these early games gives me a chance to think... I see Kansas and think to myself "Thank god for the basketball team" because not only do the Jayhawks suck on the field, their look with the dueling helmet logos sucks as well.

 

Tulane and SMU is a nice looking game IMO. SMU in black is weird, but I think the red chrome helmet makes it stand out more and of course people around here love them some Angry Wave.

 

East Carolina and Memphis isn't too bad... except for the dueling logos Memphis has. I hate this trend so... damn... much! It makes your school look very schizophrenic. Same to you, Florida.

 

Indiana and Purdue looks great. The Hoosiers have a new helmet today and boy, it looks great. Crimson 'I' and all.

SMU is doing their best to make the Calgary Stampeders comparison even more obvious. Also, I don't much care for the angry wave as a helmet logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may hate them, but ASU is finally going traditional colors for the territorial cup after two years of crap. Via @Uniswag on IG.

 

8hWIyFz.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, H11K said:

I may hate them, but ASU is finally going traditional colors for the territorial cup after two years of crap. Via @Uniswag on IG.

 

8hWIyFz.png

 

They couldn’t get a jersey without rips/tears for the promo photo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

 

They couldn’t get a jersey without rips/tears for the promo photo?

Of course they couldn't. They are ASU for a reason. Those scratches look like Wildcat claws...good sign. Bear Down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really cool animated video showing the growth and development of Autzen Stadium:

Oregon has been celebrating Autzen’s 50th anniversary all season, and this is a really nice video showing all of the changes it has undergone over the years. As a Ducks fan, there would be no better way to cap off Autzen’s 50th anniversary season than by stomping on the Beavs later today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Video giving some more looks at today’s Oregon combo:

I’ll be curious to see if the nose bumpers feature the full color duck logo like what’s shown in this video, or if they’ll actually use the new monochromatic yellow duck head logos that were shown in the release images:

DPL0ImfVwAEtfNK?format=jpg

I’d much prefer the latter so it matches the monochromatic duck logos on the jersey and pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

West Virginia looks like the 2017 LA Rams 

Little late to the joke there bud, but yes they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wazzu/UW is a good looking game.  Huskies look good, and while this WSU look isn't my all-time fav, it's better than anthracite.

 

A lot of good looking games this weekend, and a lot of "so close but not bad".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that WAZZU's helmet are actually gray and not silvery. Kinda makes me wonder how Kansas State and/or Ohio State would look if they went that route with their helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I’m sorry, but those Oregon uniforms today sucked. The green looked off and the matte helmet didn’t fit that uni IMO. 

Not sure what you mean about the green looking off, as it’s the same green they’ve been using all season and for the past several seasons now. And the helmets are an anodized satin finish, not matte. I thought they looked great today, although I certainly wouldn’t call it their best look of the season. Still a very solid combo, though.

DPh0AKVVQAEstVA?format=jpgDPhXRdqVQAAieuM?format=jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason the green looked a bit lighter than usual. Not sure why, probably just my eyes. I didn’t like todays combo very much, but not the worst all season. Definitely not the worst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oregon in all green looked terrible. Add Oregon State in all white and it was like watching plastic foosball men. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Oregon in all green looked terrible. Add Oregon State in all white and it was like watching plastic foosball men. 

That’s a pretty good way to describe Oregon State’s performance yesterday (and all season, for that matter).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.