College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

19 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Looks like Oregon went with the full-color Duck logo instead of the black-and-yellow one.

DPg5O7MVwAE4r-N.jpg

That green makes me all toasty inside.  Wear that with yellow pants (with a stripe to match the jersey in my dream universe) and burn every other combo, and you might make me an actual Oregon fan.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That green makes me all toasty inside.  Wear that with yellow pants (with a stripe to match the jersey in my dream universe) and burn every other combo, and you might make me an actual Oregon fan.

I’m hoping Oregon ends up being the home team for their bowl game and wears green/green/yellow. Would look really sharp and would still be different from the other combos they’ve worn this season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

29 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

I would be happy with seeing a new yellow jersey debut in the style of the green, with green number black outline for their bowl with green helmets/pants

I would be very surprised to see that happen. I’m not really expecting them to break out anything new since they’ll be playing in a mid-level bowl game, but if they do, I would think it’d be a completely new design and a preview of what’s to come next season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I would be very surprised to see that happen. I’m not really expecting them to break out anything new since they’ll be playing in a mid-level bowl game, but if they do, I would think it’d be a completely new design and a preview of what’s to come next season.

They did this during the 2015 Alamo Bowl.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They did this during the 2015 Alamo Bowl.

And the 2013 Alamo Bowl as well, but 1) The Alamo Bowl is one of the better non-NY6 (and formerly, non-BCS) bowl games, so it made sense that Nike still had the Ducks unveil the new uniforms for those games because it’s still a fairly relevant Bowl game, at least much more so than a Las Vegas Bowl or Cactus Bowl, which are probably the two most likely options for the Ducks this season. And 2), both of those years’ teams had high expectations going into their respective seasons (I’d say it’s fair to say they were expected to make BCS and NY6 bowl games going into both of those seasons, and they probably could’ve each time if not for quarterback injuries), so Nike designed those sets way ahead of time with the expectation that they would be in one of the showcase bowl games. That’s definitely not the case with this year’s team, so I’d be a bit surprised to see them trot out something new for a mediocre bowl game like the Las Vegas or Cactus.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Utah wore these monstrosities last night:

DPhv_LKVQAEzaqc?format=jpg

DPhv_LQU8AEV7WP?format=jpg

Those helmet thumbs remind me of playing paper football in study hall. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3 minutes ago, BenjiJ said:

Does anyone know what this AT logo is on the back of the helmets from the Apple Cup?

https://twitter.com/UW_Football/status/934587153245380608

Promoting safety via athletic trainers.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/huskies-to-wear-helmet-stickers-during-apple-cup-to-promote-safety-in-football-campaign/

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Official release of the Blue Angels-themed uniforms for Navy:

Navy has hands-down had the best alternate jerseys over the past 5-10 years and I am pleased that UA was able to continue pushing out solid jerseys for them.

The Home/Away Army game set might be my favorite out of all of them though

usatsi_7614951.jpeg?itok=c-nCDKdu&timest

new-navy-uniform-nike-2012.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

On 11/26/2017 at 11:42 AM, upperV03 said:

Utah wore these monstrosities last night:

DPhv_LKVQAEzaqc?format=jpg

DPhv_LQU8AEV7WP?format=jpg

Daang...I go on a brief hiatus and THIS happens.  Worst helmet of the year, hands (no pun intended) down.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

Archived