College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CLEstones said:

This can also be deduced using mathematics.  Take the number of helmet options (3), multiply it by the number of jersey options (3), multiplied by the number of pants options (3); 3 x 3 x 3 = 27 uniform combinations.  You are missing 9 combinations.

right, but the point of the presentation is usually to show each option once. 

the new Cal marks look great. can't wait to see the uniforms

edit - just read the article on  the Sather stripe. it's only a matter of time before someone says "the logos look too simple/boring", but you can see how much work goes into making something minimal and strong. there's no detail thats not poured over and considered. im not sure if i want to see that stripe on the helmet because the helmet is so classic, but whatever these unis look like im already sure they'll be great.  

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I believe the last time they wore them was actually in 2014 against Fresno State, which was a game they won.

IMG_4658.JPG.389bff7abfd999573d2b30e91663b91c.JPG

I should have known this. I was at this game. *facepalms*

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Cal got some really good logos and potential uniform elements.  It'll be interesting to see what the uniforms look like with them.  Just hope they don't go for all the crazy striping and color blocking like they did with Utah.

3 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Suprisingly, Cal drops the logos at 7 AM PT, the uniforms will come later.

We now have a full California script, the previous secondary created by Nike is out and and we have the main design element, a sather stripe

CAL_PRI_WDMK_ON_NAV_Launch.png

Really glad to see this return (if it ever really went away?).   It looks like it could be on the license plate, but the current license plate script is pretty classic.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Note that the Cal-UA brand update appears to mean the death of the "front-facing bear": cal-logo.jpg

And this font and wordmark set:  7066_california_golden_bears-wordmark-2013.png

Overall, I'm really pleased with this update so far, although I haven't warmed up to the Sather Stripe yet.

1 minute ago, Webfooter said:

So when is Cal going to release their new uniforms?  I know their deal only kicked in today so maybe it was a bit much to expect them to have the uniforms out the same day.

Their press release this morning just said the uniforms (for multiple sports, not just football) will be unveiled "in the coming months". I'd guess the football uniforms will be unveiled sometime in July, or possibly even August since those are generally popular times to unveil new sets.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

45 minutes ago, bowld said:

Expect to see that "sather stripe" on the pants or sleeves..maybe even both

Oh yeah, I think most of us were probably already expecting that after seeing the new "sather stripe" design this morning. If the stripe design does end up on the pants, I just hope Under Armour doesn't :censored: it up by putting it in either of these applications:

IMG_4682.JPG.afbe1d4609b5d688b1de73711c38c416.JPGIMG_4166.thumb.JPG.0550212a609a0e84d0b964982005978e.JPG

Unfortunately it seems rather likely that they will. They've proven that they can do full length pants stripes, but I just have a feeling they'll give Cal one of the gimmicky stripe treatments instead. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived