College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, H11K said:

Thats what we were hoping for, and it was not delivered.

The weird thing is UofA is known for having really nice basketball unis, and the baseball unis have been on point...and it's like they just don't give a damn about looking good in football.  If anything, when redesigning the football team, look at their other sports that have classic looks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I'm both intrigued and terrified.

Terrified won out. I guess these are an upgrade for Arizona, but almost anything would have been. I'm baffled as to why they're not putting the classic asymmetrical stripes on the white helmet at least, and also confused as to why they're still doing dark numbers with no outlines on dark jerseys. Navy numbers on red jerseys and vice versa do not work, and they especially don't work without white outlines. They didn't work last time and they don't work now.

The white jersey is fine. The blue and red jerseys are a mess. The red helmets are both terrible still. The blue helmet with the all red logo is a downgrade from the past blue helmets. The number font is horrendous and the pants are stripeless and boring. I think that covers it?

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

23 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The weird thing is UofA is known for having really nice basketball unis, and the baseball unis have been on point...and it's like they just don't give a damn about looking good in football.  If anything, when redesigning the football team, look at their other sports that have classic looks.

Yeah, well they looked fine even in the 2000-2010 era, with the piping what not, it was at least simple. And the Nick Files era look was superb don't question me. But these last 5 years of uniforms, bad. Just bad.

a2BRS8U.png

The only thing that looks good is the white jersey, and even that needs a new font. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

They should play all their games in all white, it's only combo that looks right color wise. 

I'll have to see the number font in action before I make a complete judgement, but it ain't looking pretty right now. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

3 hours ago, dont care said:

You also need to account for the quality of camera taking each picture, one being an HD digital camera, while the other is just film that makes photos a lot more washed out.

Of course with variables like film stock, lighting, textile all coming into play, it's nearly impossible to determine the difference between colors without having actual samples of the uniforms in hand. While not dispositive, I have a brand-new on-field baseball team hat from the mid-90s and a current Nike on-field baseball team hat, and the current is definitely a shade or two lighter royal than the mid-90s one.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

2 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

I don't like that there's no white on the red jerseys, no number outline, the number font is terrible, & that the helmet logo is solid. Lateral move at best. 

Why couldn't we just modernize these?

Image result for trung canidate arizona

never understood what was so bad about this 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

46 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

The stripes are kinda a step in the right direction but the font is bad and the dark on dark colors are terrible. It wasn't that hard to get this right.

6678492.jpg

this wasn't bad either. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

20170627_203652.thumb.png.c2c8c5ea12f7e45a819f072ba81d9da6.png

MySA.com reported a grad student in media arts came up with this "Victory or Death" helmet for UTSA football this year. Fortunately it's not expected to be worn by the Roadrunners. It's a mix of Notre Dame and Maryland as its a split shell and one side has the Travis letter sent from the Alamo prior to its capture by Santa Ana. It's nice to see more people using Brandon's  templates though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

never understood what was so bad about this 

Not a godamn thing!

Though the "Foles era" uniforms probably should have still happened. Nike should have made that set exclusive to Arizona for a good 3 seasons before making it available to the general public. Might have given Zona a reason to keep it around longer.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived