College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

3 hours ago, Midway said:

You've really bent over backwards to try and twist my words into some "he hates player safety" narrative. I'll do the mods a solid and not play your petty little game. 

I'm not sure how anyone else is supposed to interpret the words "regardless of the helmet's safety merits" as anything other than at the very least not putting player safety first. Like I'm not really stretching here, you literally just told us to disregard the safety merits of a safety device because it looks ugly. That's not me mangling words, that's just kinda blatant.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll concede that "regardless" was not the correct term, but you've read too much into what I've said from the start. I've never once indicated that I don't care for player safety. My one and only gripe on the matter is that these innovative new helmets are looking more and more like overdesigned crap. 

Midway.png

5 hours ago, walkerws said:

What company is this?

Gridiron Labs, which seems to be more of a design studio than an actual helmet company at this point.  They say it's a concept of what they think helmets will look like in the next 15-20 years.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if helmets become more and more similar to what we see in stock car racing, or at the very least, something like it, where the facemask and the helmet are one piece. 

Gridiron Labs is the design firm that created some of the FXFL identities such as the Brooklyn Bolts, Boston Brawlers, Florida-but-not-Florida Blacktips, and the eventual Hudson Valley Fort. They even made the identities of some of the failed A11FL, like the Dallas Wranglers, Bay Area Sea Lions, and New Jersey Generals.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

1 hour ago, mr.nascar13 said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if helmets become more and more similar to what we see in stock car racing, or at the very least, something like it, where the facemask and the helmet are one piece. 

I dont think so just because if something happens alot of times they have to be able to take of the face mask to be able to work on the head and neck without having to remove the whole helmet and risking further injury. you will never see a football helmet where the face mask is a part of the helmet and not clipped on.

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

So if a team changes uniform suppliers but no one really cares about said team, does the change really mean all that much?

Only because we can forsee how horrible they will look in the new uniforms. Under Armour could have been a good move but at the end of the day it comes down to money.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

As others have said, it comes down to money. When you're a big dog you can pretty much punch your own ticket with the supplier of your choice (see: Michigan going to Jordan) but a lot of the smaller schools in FBS are looking for every possible dollar.

There are only about ten athletic programs (whole department, not just football) in FBS that are fully self-sufficient. Most run at a deficit and essentially get subsidized by the university as a massive marketing stunt. Often, football profit gets drained away by financial losses from baseball, track, swimming, etc. Only a very select few athletic departments actually turn a profit for their school.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

29 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I thought Rutgers looked pretty decent this season. The look was clean and modern.

So, I'm expecting a downgrade from adidas.

I don't know, hopefully it's at worst a sideways move. We know we'll get the ugly tech fit pattern but the jerseys will probably be pretty plain otherwise if Adidas continues to produce simple designs. I think we'll get a red helmet with the big R, red, white, and probably black jerseys with contrasting collars and/or cuffs and stripeless pants( hopefully not, but probably). If they keep it simple and avoid the foil numbers and stripes they really can't go wrong.

IMG_0650.JPG

this is would be perfect, but with adidas logos instead of Nike. Block numbers would be fine too.

Archived