buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

Recommended Posts

Also looks as though Ole Miss did not keep the skinny version of the block font like LSU did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

for example: (quick/rough idea of how it could look and be achieved)

LSUshoulderLoops.jpg

Photoshop is a lot easier than trying to manufacture it that way. You also need to think how that could be created on different sizes and even different cuts like skill players versus lineman versus qb's ect. Even your example has the stripe not going around the arm hole but instead going into the armpit. It's great in theory, but in practice it would either A. Look bad, or B. Be too expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toledo with the new Nike uniforms. Where to begin? Generic, templated striping pattern, "word stripe" on pants, GFGS, and they retained their horrendous gradient helmet. Their previous uniforms were nothing too special, but they looked respectable, not like some low-level FCS team.

 

Previous uniforms (Under Armour) for comparison:

625786622.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Toledo with the new Nike uniforms. Where to begin? Generic, templated striping pattern, "word stripe" on pants, GFGS, and they retained their horrendous gradient helmet. Their previous uniforms were nothing too special, but they looked respectable, not like some low-level FCS team.

 

Previous uniforms (Under Armour) for comparison:

 

For shame. I agree, that is a clear downgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Toledo with the new Nike uniforms. Where to begin? Generic, templated striping pattern, "word stripe" on pants, GFGS, and they retained their horrendous gradient helmet. Their previous uniforms were nothing too special, but they looked respectable, not like some low-level FCS team.

 

Previous uniforms (Under Armour) for comparison:

625786622.jpg

 

Wow. This is one of the biggest downgrades in a while, which feels like a hyperbole but I can't think of a worse case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ucla going back to light blue on road unis. Ditching the navy they currently use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:
Toledo with the new Nike uniforms. Where to begin? Generic, templated striping pattern, "word stripe" on pants, GFGS, and they retained their horrendous gradient helmet. Their previous uniforms were nothing too special, but they looked respectable, not like some low-level FCS team.

 

Previous uniforms (Under Armour) for comparison:

 

 

It's just so disappointing they went with a striping pattern that is now six or seven years old and are trying to sell it as "new".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UCLA is changing the script on the helmet to light blue now as well. Here's some screenshots from the teaser video they posted on Twitter:

IMG_5720.thumb.PNG.90ddbf1a26331fe8212c2a96f9bbb692.PNGIMG_5721.thumb.PNG.8294366926592e8e820f807fdd81748e.PNGIMG_5722.thumb.PNG.b147abc5b247b2a73b44e6d5d2091b7e.PNGIMG_5723.thumb.PNG.60618d884ec428f98a0293e11ca19f75.PNGIMG_5724.thumb.PNG.a58b9eecc61bf8df77c0edf3767d2741.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Say what you will about Under Armour, but they almost never Phone it in on a lower tier FBS school, which Nike does 97% of the time. 

Toledo designed that, thats straight from the catalog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

^Yep, and the script on the helmet is now light blue as well. Here's some screenshots from the teaser video they posted on Twitter:

IMG_5720.thumb.PNG.90ddbf1a26331fe8212c2a96f9bbb692.PNGIMG_5721.thumb.PNG.8294366926592e8e820f807fdd81748e.PNGIMG_5722.thumb.PNG.b147abc5b247b2a73b44e6d5d2091b7e.PNGIMG_5723.thumb.PNG.60618d884ec428f98a0293e11ca19f75.PNGIMG_5724.thumb.PNG.a58b9eecc61bf8df77c0edf3767d2741.PNG

One of the things that really bothers me in an OCD type of way is a really feel it should be "Champions are made here." Without the "are" it just looks incomplete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toledo changing last minute might have been a reason for the quick templates roll out as well. They could've just gone back to the old Nike uniforms that they had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

I'm kinda annoyed that they kept that new block font despite the stripes no longer going all the way down. 

Apparently it's to separate them from Mississippi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dont care said:

Photoshop is a lot easier than trying to manufacture it that way. You also need to think how that could be created on different sizes and even different cuts like skill players versus lineman versus qb's ect. Even your example has the stripe not going around the arm hole but instead going into the armpit. It's great in theory, but in practice it would either A. Look bad, or B. Be too expensive.

I disagree.. The different cuts typically refer to the sleeve only, which shouldn't affect the body.. The shoulder loops would be located in the body area adjacent to the sleeve seam, which is actually their natural location.. You only need to make the new pattern (or figure out how to recreate the look) once per size, then you've got all you need.. The cap sleeve (as shown in the photo) is the source of all issues regarding traditional jersey elements, and one of the primary reasons is the fact that the cuff is partially on the jersey body, rather than entirely on the end of the sleeve.. That's the reason the loop is just going into the armpit, but in this case, it almost works better that way.. 

If I can find a way to fix the issue on the most difficult sleeve cut, the others should be even easier..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to tell on the photo given, but it looks like Toledo chose the dot matrix/fade stripes that Arizona used to wear (and we would all prefer over their current set). It's one thing to pick uniforms out of a catalog, but Toledo picked uniforms out of a nearly 10 year old catalog. That's just lazy and incompetent. My hope is, as mentioned previously, that they settled for these because of the quick turnaround.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WavePunter said:

for example: (quick/rough idea of how it could look and be achieved)

LSUshoulderLoops.jpg

 

I think it all comes down to what that stripe looks under the arm, how it terminates and wraps under. Maybe it just doesn’t look right when it’s done that way.

 

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

UCLA is changing the script on the helmet to light blue now as well. Here's some screenshots from the teaser video they posted on Twitter:

IMG_5720.thumb.PNG.90ddbf1a26331fe8212c2a96f9bbb692.PNGIMG_5721.thumb.PNG.8294366926592e8e820f807fdd81748e.PNGIMG_5722.thumb.PNG.b147abc5b247b2a73b44e6d5d2091b7e.PNGIMG_5723.thumb.PNG.60618d884ec428f98a0293e11ca19f75.PNGIMG_5724.thumb.PNG.a58b9eecc61bf8df77c0edf3767d2741.PNG

 

Huge fan of moving to UCLA blue on the football helmet and presumably the white jersey as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UCLA needs to be owning that lighter blue like UNC owns their powder blue or Texas owns burnt orange. 

 

It's such a classic look, UCLA has no business wearing navy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is the last time UCLA didn't have navy on their away jerseys?  I've gone all the way back to 1970 and there's still navy shoulder loops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.