College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

for example: (quick/rough idea of how it could look and be achieved)

LSUshoulderLoops.jpg

Photoshop is a lot easier than trying to manufacture it that way. You also need to think how that could be created on different sizes and even different cuts like skill players versus lineman versus qb's ect. Even your example has the stripe not going around the arm hole but instead going into the armpit. It's great in theory, but in practice it would either A. Look bad, or B. Be too expensive.

Toledo with the new Nike uniforms. Where to begin? Generic, templated striping pattern, "word stripe" on pants, GFGS, and they retained their horrendous gradient helmet. Their previous uniforms were nothing too special, but they looked respectable, not like some low-level FCS team.

Previous uniforms (Under Armour) for comparison:

625786622.jpg

1 minute ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Toledo with the new Nike uniforms. Where to begin? Generic, templated striping pattern, "word stripe" on pants, GFGS, and they retained their horrendous gradient helmet. Their previous uniforms were nothing too special, but they looked respectable, not like some low-level FCS team.

For shame. I agree, that is a clear downgrade.

5 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

625786622.jpg

Wow. This is one of the biggest downgrades in a while, which feels like a hyperbole but I can't think of a worse case.

15 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

It's just so disappointing they went with a striping pattern that is now six or seven years old and are trying to sell it as "new".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

^Yep, and the script on the helmet is now light blue as well. Here's some screenshots from the teaser video they posted on Twitter:

IMG_5720.thumb.PNG.90ddbf1a26331fe8212c2a96f9bbb692.PNGIMG_5721.thumb.PNG.8294366926592e8e820f807fdd81748e.PNGIMG_5722.thumb.PNG.b147abc5b247b2a73b44e6d5d2091b7e.PNGIMG_5723.thumb.PNG.60618d884ec428f98a0293e11ca19f75.PNGIMG_5724.thumb.PNG.a58b9eecc61bf8df77c0edf3767d2741.PNG

One of the things that really bothers me in an OCD type of way is a really feel it should be "Champions are made here." Without the "are" it just looks incomplete.

2 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

I'm kinda annoyed that they kept that new block font despite the stripes no longer going all the way down. 

Apparently it's to separate them from Mississippi. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

47 minutes ago, dont care said:

Photoshop is a lot easier than trying to manufacture it that way. You also need to think how that could be created on different sizes and even different cuts like skill players versus lineman versus qb's ect. Even your example has the stripe not going around the arm hole but instead going into the armpit. It's great in theory, but in practice it would either A. Look bad, or B. Be too expensive.

I disagree.. The different cuts typically refer to the sleeve only, which shouldn't affect the body.. The shoulder loops would be located in the body area adjacent to the sleeve seam, which is actually their natural location.. You only need to make the new pattern (or figure out how to recreate the look) once per size, then you've got all you need.. The cap sleeve (as shown in the photo) is the source of all issues regarding traditional jersey elements, and one of the primary reasons is the fact that the cuff is partially on the jersey body, rather than entirely on the end of the sleeve.. That's the reason the loop is just going into the armpit, but in this case, it almost works better that way.. 

If I can find a way to fix the issue on the most difficult sleeve cut, the others should be even easier..

It's hard to tell on the photo given, but it looks like Toledo chose the dot matrix/fade stripes that Arizona used to wear (and we would all prefer over their current set). It's one thing to pick uniforms out of a catalog, but Toledo picked uniforms out of a nearly 10 year old catalog. That's just lazy and incompetent. My hope is, as mentioned previously, that they settled for these because of the quick turnaround.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

5 hours ago, WavePunter said:

for example: (quick/rough idea of how it could look and be achieved)

LSUshoulderLoops.jpg

I think it all comes down to what that stripe looks under the arm, how it terminates and wraps under. Maybe it just doesn’t look right when it’s done that way.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

UCLA is changing the script on the helmet to light blue now as well. Here's some screenshots from the teaser video they posted on Twitter:

IMG_5720.thumb.PNG.90ddbf1a26331fe8212c2a96f9bbb692.PNGIMG_5721.thumb.PNG.8294366926592e8e820f807fdd81748e.PNGIMG_5722.thumb.PNG.b147abc5b247b2a73b44e6d5d2091b7e.PNGIMG_5723.thumb.PNG.60618d884ec428f98a0293e11ca19f75.PNGIMG_5724.thumb.PNG.a58b9eecc61bf8df77c0edf3767d2741.PNG

Huge fan of moving to UCLA blue on the football helmet and presumably the white jersey as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

UCLA needs to be owning that lighter blue like UNC owns their powder blue or Texas owns burnt orange. 

It's such a classic look, UCLA has no business wearing navy. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived