College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

18 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I don't know, hopefully it's at worst a sideways move. We know we'll get the ugly tech fit pattern but the jerseys will probably be pretty plain otherwise if Adidas continues to produce simple designs. I think we'll get a red helmet with the big R, red, white, and probably black jerseys with contrasting collars and/or cuffs and stripeless pants( hopefully not, but probably). If they keep it simple and avoid the foil numbers and stripes they really can't go wrong.

IMG_0650.JPG

this is would be perfect, but with adidas logos instead of Nike. Block numbers would be fine too.

The encouraging thing is how Ash insisted Nike tone down the uniforms, and that turned out very well. Maybe he can have input with adidas, like Richt did at Miami.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

I don't know, hopefully it's at worst a sideways move. We know we'll get the ugly tech fit pattern but the jerseys will probably be pretty plain otherwise if Adidas continues to produce simple designs. I think we'll get a red helmet with the big R, red, white, and probably black jerseys with contrasting collars and/or cuffs and stripeless pants( hopefully not, but probably). If they keep it simple and avoid the foil numbers and stripes they really can't go wrong.

IMG_0650.JPG

this is would be perfect, but with adidas logos instead of Nike. Block numbers would be fine too.

I like traditional numbers better.

This was by far their best look, IMO:

britt2.jpg

I'm no Adidas Apologist, but I will say that the Tech Fit tire treads are not as visible on bright red jerseys. From watching the Huskers, the tread patterns are barely visible, even in close-up shots. Other shades, like UCLA's blue were far more annoying for showcasing the pattern. Maybe it won't be as bad for Rutgers in red.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

42 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

I'm no Adidas Apologist, but I will say that the Tech Fit tire treads are not as visible on bright red jerseys. From watching the Huskers, the tread patterns are barely visible, even in close-up shots. Other shades, like UCLA's blue were far more annoying for showcasing the pattern. Maybe it won't be as bad for Rutgers in red.

Unfortunately Nebraska is one of the only Adidas teams that doesn't look terrible. UCLA, Louisville, Arizona State, etc have all been completely ruined by the dumb shiny iron-on numbers and logos.

Oh I agree, completely. Just saying that certain shades are better at masking/obscuring patterns. But it doesn't cover up terrible design.  NU is fortunate that we have a simple, classic uniform and don't let adidas mess with it, other than the hit-or-miss alternates once a year.

But i still prefer Nike or UA.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Adidas has several templates and patterns available.. Plus, it seems like they've started seeing the writing on the wall and moving away from the shock-web stuff.. None of it is even available on their uniform design site.. It's all your standard-type stuff, like the ones in the image above.. Adidas is fully capable of producing normal, good-looking uniforms.. I think they're starting to embrace that now that their proprietary "fabrics" and "technologies" are turning more people away than they're attracting.

On 1/21/2017 at 6:18 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Mach Speed can use the same collar as a Vapor. The lack of a black strip between the numbers is the key though.

Nice change. Still wish they would change the britches back to Silver again though. 

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Interesting that the end zone font is TCU's.  

It's not. Don't think this is the actual TCU court but it shows you their wordmark which is a variation of a block font.

TCU%20court%20contest%20WIP_zpsulbpfvkb.

Here's GA State's for comparison. Much more rounded, though admittedly with some similar cuts in the letter forms, notably the E, R, and G.

4997_georgia_state_panthers-primary-2014

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

It's not. Don't think this is the actual TCU court but it shows you their wordmark which is a variation of a block font.

TCU%20court%20contest%20WIP_zpsulbpfvkb.

Hey, that's my concept for their (ill-fated) court design contest last year!

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 2/9/2017 at 11:02 AM, Clintau24 said:

Hey, that's my concept for their (ill-fated) court design contest last year!

Ill-fated?  I think the court turned out great.  It's not perfect, but it fits the school's new identity very well.  Traditional from a distance and very modern up close.  Same as the football uniforms, football stadium, basketball arena.

Archived