College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

Okay, so if I'm not mistaken, y'all are *kinda* right about the helmet rule but not completely. 

The issue isn't that switching helmets is unsafe, or that it's too much work for the equipment managers. The issue is that some players still wear older model helmets that are no longer in production. So if they need to wear a different helmet it would have to be a completely different model. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I remember interpreting the rule. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

What happened to his hip G??

Those are the old pants. Probably haven't gotten the new ones in yet. Apparently it came off. The pants G was a plastic application that was sewn onto a single patch so it must have ripped off.

Here's what it looks like up close.

IMG_0662.PNG

Edit- couple more professional shots of Georgia.

34 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Okay, so if I'm not mistaken, y'all are *kinda* right about the helmet rule but not completely. 

The issue isn't that switching helmets is unsafe, or that it's too much work for the equipment managers. The issue is that some players still wear older model helmets that are no longer in production. So if they need to wear a different helmet it would have to be a completely different model. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I remember interpreting the rule. 

That's another reason, tom Brady had to switch to a rev speed the last year they wore throwbacks

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Is this new from Texas A&M? I don't remember this previously.

The jersey and pants are from their "Aggie Chrome" bull :censored: from a couple years back, and the helmet is from last year's throwback uniforms (which were actually quite well done). I don't know why in the hell that player is pairing the two.

3 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

The jersey and pants are from their "Aggie Chrome" bull :censored: from a couple years back, and the helmet is from last year's throwback uniforms (which were actually quite well done). I don't know why in the hell that player is pairing the two.

I forgot about that game. It was one of our rare late season conference wins. That game was painful to watch with the vandy grey alts and A&M wearing white and chrome. Such a random low profile game to roll another alt set out.

11 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

My suspicions are now officially confirmed those they're wearing the old pants for this photoshoot. New pants probably not in yet.

IMG_0632.PNG

IMG_0634.PNG

you know, that number font still hasn't grown on me. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

9 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Possible Photoshop before the season? Thpugh it'd make more sense to use a plain lid.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Looks like he's a recruit. Teams show off a lot of stuff to recruits. They'll dress up a locker for them, probably throw every uniform and bit of practice clothes they've got in there to show off all the stuff they have. The recruits grab what they like for some pictures and here we are, getting confused because some teenager mixed and matched.

Sometimes, the NFL's uniform rules seem overly draconian, but trying to keep up with even half of what goes on in college football makes me wish the NCAA regulated this at least a bit more. 

44 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Sometimes, the NFL's uniform rules seem overly draconian, but trying to keep up with even half of what goes on in college football makes me wish the NCAA regulated this at least a bit more. 

It'd be interesting to know the aggregate number of uniforms worn in FBS.  For ~130 teams, I'm guessing the total is somewhere in the 500-600 range.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

16 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It'd be interesting to know the aggregate number of uniforms worn in FBS.  For ~130 teams, I'm guessing the total is somewhere in the 500-600 range.

I don't even try anymore. There's way too many looks, teams don't look like themselves anymore, most teams are just wearing templated unis that other teams are also wearing and no matter how poop emoji they look it's always shared on twitter with the fire emoji. NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE FIRE EMOJI!

I also don't have any interest anymore because if a school changes a look there's no stakes. You like a new look? Too bad it's going away almost as soon as the game is over. You hate a new look? Don't worry about it because it's going away almost as soon as the game is over. 

In the NFL, though, there's a 5 year rule so a new uniform unveiling has way more riding on it. When the Browns unveiled their terribad uniforms the outrage was larger because we all knew we'd be stuck with them for 5 whole years. And if a team unveils a look you enjoy then you can rest assured that you'll see them for at least 5 seasons. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived