College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

11 hours ago, djam2410 said:

I actually like their new set besides the mis-matched elements on the three uniforms;  their old template was so played out and got taken up elsewhere 

Nevada+v+Missouri+PY5LhKP8EUWl.jpg

I wore this uniform template JV year. Never should've been a college uniform.

a2BRS8U.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

That is ridiculous. You cannot honestly say that you are a fan of design and creativity and reduce all uniform design into a "traditional = good, non traditional = bad" dichotomy. Those old mizzou uniforms have absolutely no design element in them whatsoever other than the helmet stripes, which I will admit are great. I can't even tell if those pants have stripes. The jersey lacking white is a severe detriment, and the stripe on the helmet is not consistent with any other part of the uniform. You have plain black pants, a black jersey with gold numbers and no outline (basically a practice jersey) and a great helmet that matches nothing on the rest of the uniform. In what world is that a great uniform? Because despite what oldschool said, it's not this one. Gold pants with the helmet stripe on them and white outlines on the numbers would make a great uniform, but only then would I agree that it's fantastic.

In your first post on this, you didn't ask "In what world is that a great uniform?"... you asked "in what world are these uniforms better than what dsaline posted?"

So, again...

This one.

On 7/18/2017 at 6:49 PM, dont care said:

Count me in the camp who care more about player safety than making a helmet look good.

"I'm upset people on a design board give a s••т about design."

.....ok then

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

17 hours ago, upperV03 said:

New white uniform for Mizzou, and it looks to be on the Vapor Untouchable template:

IMG_6330.JPG.d0f120f23a823eb6d4176560ab3a8fb1.JPG

Those look like the WhiteOut jerseys they wore against BYU a few years back. Only real difference is the collar. 

IMG_1260.JPG

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

6 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Those look like the WhiteOut jerseys they wore against BYU a few years back. Only real difference is the collar. 

IMG_1260.JPG

That set with gold instead of chrome and the primary helmet logo would be a good look. Maybe add gold trim to the pants stripes too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Ohio State has had sublimated buckeyes on their numbers for the spring game, however, they were just they leaves and not the circle surrounding them. The designer who made this graphic said that as far as he's aware, the actual jerseys don't have them. So I'd say they're 'shopped in.

Close. It was for spring practice*, not the game itself. The jerseys did have the circle surrounding them, too. More info on what I know here: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2017/07/83619/ohio-states-media-guide-may-hint-at-subtle-uniform-changes

In short, that's just a photoshop of a picture of Jerome Baker taken prior to the Fiesta Bowl. I can confirm the switch of template, but not the Buckeye Leafs or sleeve stripes being changed. HOWEVER, I was previously told the design element in the number was to go into effect last season, so I imagine it's going to happen this year with the template change. 

14 minutes ago, dont care said:

Are they updating the whites? The one in the back looks like the old tenplate

Yeah, I saw that. They probably just used an old white jersey because they don't have the new ones in yet, or because they already had the old ones laying around and it was quicker to whip one of those up. I would still expect them to update the white jerseys to the new template, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 minutes ago, noleseveryday said:

I think we need to see a prototype. 

17 minutes ago, noleseveryday said:

What about those Desert Ice uniforms like Arizona State. Instead of the Orange we could do a gold and garnet spear.

Again, no. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, noleseveryday said:

What about those Desert Ice uniforms like Arizona State. Instead of the Orange we could do a gold and garnet spear.

This is a terrible idea.

But...

2 hours ago, noleseveryday said:

Honestly we need to go back to our 90's uniforms. Those were so much better and simpler.

...this is a good idea. Well, as a once a year throwback. The current design has good weight and carries the design elements well. But I'd live to see a 1993 or 1996 throwback.

Archived