buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

Meh! Just more crappy adidas styling. They'll look the same or worse. Maybe a font change, but week. Maybe this is a one time use look to celebrate a title but the mesh look is week.

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

Well, this just popped up

Update:

Ugh. I can tolerate a "retro" look if it's executed well and to full capacity. Neither of which seem to be the case here. BRING BACK GRAY FACEMASKS GODDAMMIT!

EDIT: One thing that potentially scares me is how close these are to our current uniforms, which makes me think this might be an actual uniform change, not just a one-off. Usually when Adidas makes a one-off alt it is a massive departure from the team's regular look.

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

Update:

Maybe they will get the Ripon treatment like Michigan and UCLA did during the final season with Adidas.  Nebraska contract with the company expires after next season, so hopefully the athletic department finally wakes up and leaves Adidas.  Nike or Under Armour would like hundred times better than what Adidas has done to them.  One can only hope.

4 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Maybe they will get the Ripon treatment like Michigan and UCLA did during the final season with Adidas.  Nebraska contract with the company expires after next season, so hopefully the athletic department finally wakes up and leaves Adidas.  Nike or Under Armour would like hundred times better than what Adidas has done to them.  One can only hope.

Nebraska may leave Adidas after this season but this is not a Ripon deal if you look at how Adidas treated the final year for both Michigan and UCLA. When the uniforms for those two schools came out there was no promotion from Adidas. They pretended like they didn't exist. 

Do Nebraska is going to have the same uniform adidas will just screen print mesh pattern numbers so they half assedly look retro. You'd never see this from any other manufacturer. Mainly because no other is so tone def. penn states uniforms have been pretty much unchanged but Nike was able to find a way to make a retro uniform and just update the materials with what's used today. They didnt put the current uniform and tried to make the current materials into a faux retro application.

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

Do Nebraska is going to have the same uniform adidas will just screen print mesh pattern numbers so they half assedly look retro. You'd never see this from any other manufacturer. Mainly because no other is so tone def. penn states uniforms have been pretty much unchanged but Nike was able to find a way to make a retro uniform and just update the materials with what's used today. They didnt put the current uniform and tried to make the current materials into a faux retro application.

Plus, the faux retro look is unneeded now that Nebraska in the Big10.  If they were still playing Big 8/Big 12 schools, then maybe it'd be a cool idea.  

2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Update:

Potentially unpopular opinion: If those are faux screen printed numbers I am 100% down for that. Reminds me of the 80s-90s Nebraska uniforms, which imo isn't a bad thing to go back to. I'm sure Adidas' template will somehow massively screw it up due to some kind of easily avoidably warping that will make it look ridiculous, but the idea is great in principal.

17 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Potentially unpopular opinion: If those are faux screen printed numbers I am 100% down for that. Reminds me of the 80s-90s Nebraska uniforms, which imo isn't a bad thing to go back to. I'm sure Adidas' template will somehow massively screw it up due to some kind of easily avoidably warping that will make it look ridiculous, but the idea is great in principal.

I'm with you here. For as much as Nebraska is identified with tradition, peak Nebraska is the 80s to me, so if anyone's going to go with something like this, Nebraska and Miami are your best candidates. And yeah, I'm doubt Adidas has a soft enough hand to make it look good, or even ok.

21 minutes ago, dont care said:

Wrong...

IMG_3740.JPG

Not to be "that guy", but there are players for the team now that weren't even born before Nebraska's last championship.

1 hour ago, phinish said:

Nebraska may leave Adidas after this season but this is not a Ripon deal if you look at how Adidas treated the final year for both Michigan and UCLA. When the uniforms for those two schools came out there was no promotion from Adidas. They pretended like they didn't exist. 

Otherthan the N-W uniforms, adidas usually does pretty well by Nebraska. If they go with throwbacks to the 1980's with those numbers I'd hope they use something similar to what Michigan had their final season. fba17042fcf01cce879ec840f70db297--nebraska-cornhuskers-football-nebraska-football.jpg.4df6bb629de3d836413fdc43818d364e.jpg

de9c0f53d8d92bf82a21f21f1c6e339a--nebraska-football-orange-bowl.jpg.f7713962ceaada4faa8828690d05a58e.jpg

40 minutes ago, PhilliesPhan1325 said:

New uniforms for JMU. Finally a uniform look across home and away, but no more pant stripes. Duke Dog sleeve cap

Those are scrumptious

@noleseveryday we don't exactly need 50 Wikipedia screenshots in this 2017 college football uniform thread.

45 minutes ago, noleseveryday said:

Ahem..

(removed obnoxious amount of photos because they were obnoxious) 

Cool, does that mean they didn't win 5 National Championship? No it does not.