College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, buckeye said:

Any changes to the striping expected or just the template change?

I would hope OSU will exclusively use the throwback sleeve stripes. No more of the stripes that match the helmet and pants. Helmet and pants are fine as is but not everything needs to match. Also, while I liked the black numbers on the red jersey as a throwback thing, I'd prefer they just return to white shoulder numbers for their permanent set.

16 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I would hope OSU will exclusively use the throwback sleeve stripes. No more of the stripes that match the helmet and pants. Helmet and pants are fine as is but not everything needs to match. Also, while I liked the black numbers on the red jersey as a throwback thing, I'd prefer they just return to white shoulder numbers for their permanent set.

Keep the current set at their primary uniforms.  "Big game" or "Prime Time" uniforms are the throw backs, just make the TV numbers black on the white, as well as the red jersey.  Have 1 throw back or look ahead uniform to the quality of this last years or the black out uniforms.

Ohio State has one of the best uniforms sets, top to bottom, in all of sports.

3 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Keep the current set at their primary uniforms.  "Big game" or "Prime Time" uniforms are the throw backs, just make the TV numbers black on the white, as well as the red jersey.  Have 1 throw back or look ahead uniform to the quality of this last years or the black out uniforms.

Ohio State has one of the best uniforms sets, top to bottom, in all of sports.

IMO, the primary set and the throwback set with the classic stripes are too darn similar to justify both. I'd pick one and the classic stripes are superior in every way. Nothing wrong with the primaries, they'd be fine for another team. But just knowing the classic stripes are so ingrained in the OSU history, I'd pick them in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

IMO, the primary set and the throwback set with the classic stripes are too darn similar to justify both. I'd pick one and the classic stripes are superior in every way. Nothing wrong with the primaries, they'd be fine for another team. But just knowing the classic stripes are so ingrained in the OSU history, I'd pick them in a heartbeat.

I would agree.  I love seeing the gray on the sleeves.  But I think they set a precedent and when a precedent works so well, its hard to abandon it.  I wouldn't doubt that within the next 5 years, we see these flip.  The 60 uniforms become the primary and the current set become the "prime time" uniforms

Whenever I see Nike's ginormous collars it reminds me of Meteor Man from Birdman & The Galaxy Trio:

galaxy-trio_L05.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

29 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Still can't get used to seeing a basketball player icon on football uniforms or fields. Weird. 

I think the Jordan logo is just for spring football.  The ACC logo will probably replace it during the season.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Jumpman logo is beyond stupid on anything that's not basketball. I can't wait until Nike signs a hockey team and slaps that thing on the ice. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Here's confirmation.

http://www.scout.com/college/north-carolina/story/1759562-unc-football-wear-jordan-brand?utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_medium=HootSuitePost&utm_campaign=HootSuite

I really hope their uniforms stay the same. They're practically perfect now. Maybe streamline them since the helmet argyle is within a stripe and the jersey and pants aren't but that would be about it.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Here's confirmation.

http://www.scout.com/college/north-carolina/story/1759562-unc-football-wear-jordan-brand?utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_medium=HootSuitePost&utm_campaign=HootSuite

I really hope their uniforms stay the same. They're practically perfect now. Maybe streamline them since the helmet argyle is within a stripe and the jersey and pants aren't but that would be about it.

North Carolina wouldn't make the mistake of a drastic change again, would they?

8 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

North Carolina wouldn't make the mistake of a drastic change again, would they?

I'm not too concerned for now considering that the Jordan brand's work with Michigan gives them a 1/1 track record of keeping solid clasic brands intact.

Archived