College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/25/2017 at 6:21 PM, Webfooter said:

Here's some shots of San Jose State's new Adidas uniforms:

DFm6M2FUAAA5i2v.jpgDFm3hJDV0AAxeru.jpg

I liked SJSU's old uniforms, and they just trashed them and replaced it with these cookie cutter high school uniforms. All blue is a color that actually looks good as a monochrome uniform but something about this just doesn't look right. No types of striping on the pants and it's like the gold was taken out of the color scheme almost completely (besides number outline and school name) just awful. The bright spot of the uniform is the awesome helmet which is the reason why this uniform is not an F

Grade: D

Another Adidas Nebraska teaser:

https://twitter.com/adidasFballUS/status/890262995296690176

Pretty sure they're going retro. The model in this clip is wearing red socks and black shoes, which is old school adidas. I realize players may have a preference for certain cleats, but it would be cool to see all black shoes. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'd like to see retro tear-away mesh like they wore back in the 80s with Turner Gill and Mike Rozier:

gill_throwOB.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

39 minutes ago, MGoBlue98 said:

New Nebraska jersey. Not sure why the B1G logo is where it is 

I didn't initially like how the "mesh" pattern looked on the close-ups from the teaser, but seeing it as it corresponds with the whole jersey makes it look a lot better imo. This could actually be pretty cool.

Maybe the B1G logo is moved over to make room for some sort of heritage patch that's yet to be announced? I think one would make sense seeing as the uniforms seem to be hearkening back to NU's glory days. Although i'm not sure what, if any, anniversary they'd be celebrating this season.

15 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

20th anniversary of a half national title

Michigan got the crappier trophy. 

And if we're splitting hairs on shared titles in the pre-BCS/CFP era, than Notre Dame and Alabama need to stop claiming about 29 titles each. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

Here they are, boys! Honestly like them a lot (although i still want a grey facemask). No shoulder stripes, replaced with tv number, and no pants stripes. It also helps a lot that the techfit/shockweb pattern doesnt show up very well on red.

EDIT:  Promotional material on the left shows no shoulder numbers? Just an editing mistake mayhaps?

EDIT #2: There appears to be a "1997 National champions" patch on the back collar of the fan jerseys. Unsure as to its placement on the player jerseys themselves, because of the angle on the back side promo shot.

1.thumb.jpg.dc4747c5f94ef606ca2d4bef17fa1133.jpg

10 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Here they are, boys! Honestly like them a lot (although i still want a grey facemask). No shoulder stripes, replaced with tv number, and no pants stripes. It also helps a lot that the techfit/shockweb pattern doesnt show up very well on red.

EDIT:  Promotional material on the left shows no shoulder numbers? Just an editing mistake mayhaps?

The whole "Sleeve stripes on the undershirt only half the team will wear" thing can die any time now. Other than that, really solid uniform, glad my worrying was for nothing.

No pant stripe, which people always associate with NU, but it was absent for a few years in the 90s. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

Easily the best alternates we've ever had. Of course cause it's adidas, they can't be too nice and have the sleeves on the jersey instead of the undershirt but it's alright as is. 

I'd love to see a return to the old school socks ASAP. Looks too silly when half the team has white socks (or long compression pants) and the other half has red. It's called a uniform for a reason folks. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

I love the idea of these Nebraska uniforms, but I feel like the execution fell short. 

After a quick google search, I learned that they were off on a few aspects.

Red tights/socks were basically nonexistent that year.

High white socks were pretty prominent, so white tights would make more sense in this case. 

Mesh numbers were only on the body, not on the sleeves (different materials)

Adidas used their "adidas" logotype as he jersey embellishment. Couldn't hurt that much using that for a game.

That said, it's a pretty cool set, and you never know what obstacles or reasoning was apparent during the design process. 

10 minutes ago, bowld said:

they look good. However, in 1997 looks like they only had 1 white stripe on sleeve

I'm going to guess, as I can see from jerseys in 1994, 95, 96 and later that they had two stripes, that Frost and other athletes cut off the sleeves as players often did for their preference.

Archived