buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

This just tells me some coaches just understand how the jersey should look and that's  how they do it. It almost seems like they ordered Russell uniforms then slapped the adidas logo on it.

That's an Adidas TechFit jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

 

That wouldn't be surprising - at least for this jersey. It looks similar to the Russell template (granted can't get a great look at the jersey itself).

 

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

This just tells me some coaches just understand how the jersey should look and that's  how they do it. It almost seems like they ordered Russell uniforms then slapped the adidas logo on it.

 

Frank Solich has always been a no-frills kind of guy. Also, with Bo Pelini at Youngstown State, I wonder why fired Nebraska coaches all wind up at Ohio schools. 

 

Waiting for Bill Callahan to start coaching Akron any day now... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Akron is still being run the son of Bowden, so maybe next year if they continue to circle the drain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

 

 

Frank Solich has always been a no-frills kind of guy. Also, with Bo Pelini at Youngstown State, I wonder why fired Nebraska coaches all wind up at Ohio schools. 

 

Waiting for Bill Callahan to start coaching Akron any day now... 

Likely because those guys are originally from the area.  Solich was born in PA but grew up in Cleveland while Pelini is from Youngstown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Likely because those guys are originally from the area.  Solich was born in PA but grew up in Cleveland while Pelini is from Youngstown.

 

This. Bob Stoops for Akron! /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2017 at 1:25 PM, pianoknight said:

No pant stripe, which people always associate with NU, but it was absent for a few years in the 90s. 

 

Why no "paintbrush" font on the shoulder patch? Sure, it's dated, but unmistakeably Nebraska. The bold typeface looks life something from MS Word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bmhughes said:

Utes showing off their F7s. 

 

 

Helmet style aside, the red helmet with white facemask and metallic paint is the best helmet they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

Helmet style aside, the red helmet with white facemask and metallic paint is the best helmet they have.

 

Man whoever took those photos did a good job ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy wait till y'all see the new Oregon set ????

 

EDITED:::: my mistake I wasn't aware they wore these before my bad

IMG_2594.PNG

IMG_2595.PNG

IMG_2596.PNG

IMG_2597.PNG

IMG_2594.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, laray3 said:

They wore that top?

Yup. 

Edit: Damn you Webfooter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed that the first time around. That helmet stripe might be my favorite wacky thing that they've done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ljginger said:

Oregon verbal commit Spencer Webb showing off a possible NEW uni for the Ducks!

 

 

SpencerWebbNEW.jpg

SpencerWebbNEW2.jpg

 

So even Oregon can fall victim to the Nike sleeve cap trend. Woof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ljginger said:

Oregon verbal commit Spencer Webb showing off a possible NEW uni for the Ducks!

SpencerWebbNEW.jpg

SpencerWebbNEW2.jpg

That's definitely not new... That's the uniform they debuted in the 2016 Alamo Bowl against TCU:

IMG_6571.thumb.JPG.612578dc96060fcc27bcceed71b04f1e.JPG

And they wore that exact same combination again twice last season:

IMG_6574.thumb.JPG.06b929360424f95fae8e0c92541837c8.JPGIMG_6575.thumb.JPG.0d282b54b9a9e6ce7db52d3450cac973.JPG

And then wore the jerseys with different helmet/pant combinations an additional three times last season:

IMG_6572.JPG.343387dc8af59c6cf9db86e49115a8cd.JPGIMG_6573.JPG.2b2cccf631d1fed5e3ebcd4678a6d51b.JPGIMG_6576.thumb.JPG.6ed7daad00ee0775f7bacf82da629b98.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That's definitely not new... 

 

I thought the exact same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.