Jump to content

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season


buckeye

Recommended Posts

Putting Toonces over the LSU isn't what LSU wants to do. They have always liked to leave the yoke free of patches unless it's for a bowl game. And since the SEC patch is circular it works to simply place it at the neck. Florida did the same until 2007 when the SEC had the 75th season patches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Putting Toonces over the LSU isn't what LSU wants to do. They have always liked to leave the yoke free of patches unless it's for a bowl game. And since the SEC patch is circular it works to simply place it at the neck. Florida did the same until 2007 when the SEC had the 75th season patches.

Got it. Thanks. I've always wondered that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Less is more, Texas, less is more.  XII logo, longhorn logo, Nike logo.  One of those three is COMPLETELY unnecessary right above the word TEXAS.  

 

I don't mind the team logo, team name or even the manufacturer logo, but I'm not a fan of college conferences putting their logos on school uniforms. I look at it this way. In the pros, the league actually has a reason to have their logo on the gear since they have league-wide uniform contracts. In the Big 12 and other major college conferences, individual schools negotiate their uniform contracts independently of their conference, so I don't think the conference logo deserves that sort of prominence on the jersey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, msu said:

 

I don't mind the team logo, team name or even the manufacturer logo, but I'm not a fan of college conferences putting their logos on school uniforms. I look at it this way. In the pros, the league actually has a reason to have their logo on the gear since they have league-wide uniform contracts. In the Big 12 and other major college conferences, individual schools negotiate their uniform contracts independently of their conference, so I don't think the conference logo deserves that sort of prominence on the jersey.

 

I don't think the NFL shield on the unis is strictly because of league-wide uniform contracts.  The Nike logo on the unis is because of league-wide contracts.  In the 90s, when teams negotiated their own deals with manufacturers, the NFL shield was on all the uniforms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

I don't think the NFL shield on the unis is strictly because of league-wide uniform contracts.  The Nike logo on the unis is because of league-wide contracts.  In the 90s, when teams negotiated their own deals with manufacturers, the NFL shield was on all the uniforms.

And I thought it was wrong then, too just like when MLB added the batterman logo to the back of the jerseys around 2000 or whenever exactly it was. It made more sense to have the batterman logo once Majestic took over the league-wide uniform contract sometime after that, but giving the league/conference such prominence on a jersey when it isn't handling a team's apparel deal seems like a bad deal for the teams themselves.

 

To me it's leagues/conferences forcing the teams to advertise for them when the league/conference didn't negotiate the apparel deal on their behalf, and I don't like the forced advertisement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, msu said:

And I thought it was wrong then, too just like when MLB added the batterman logo to the back of the jerseys around 2000 or whenever exactly it was. It made more sense to have the batterman logo once Majestic took over the league-wide uniform contract sometime after that, but giving the league/conference such prominence on a jersey when it isn't handling a team's apparel deal seems like a bad deal for the teams themselves.

 

To me it's leagues/conferences forcing the teams to advertise for them when the league/conference didn't negotiate the apparel deal on their behalf, and I don't like the forced advertisement.

 

Why would Texas not want to advertise the conference in which they are a member?  NFL owners probably aren't afraid to advertise the league that makes them rich.  Texas paints Big XII logos on their field and court even though the Big XII doesn't  directly pay their grounds crew or pay for basketball courts.

 

I'm not sure league/conference logos on uniforms are strictly tied to apparel deals.  In fact, I'm 99% sure they are not.

 

The argument of "the umbrella organization can have its logo on jerseys only if it helped with a team's apparel deal" is a pretty tough sell and logically flawed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some leagues actually require the patch, it's even occuring in some Division II conferences now. I like when they go the route of placing it at the neck because it minimizes the size allowed. Nebraska's throwback is technically on the chest which is why they'll use the standard Big Ten patch size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Nah, it's well balanced and the weight is the same on all three.

 

I feel the same way. BUT (nitpicking) the conference logos have been moved to the left a little bit on the Vapor Untouchable template (as opposed to being restricted within the Mach Speed's seamlines) and it drives me nuts that it doesn't line up with the Nike swoosh on the other side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

New "Stadium Lights" uniforms for Buttgers. To be worn November 4th against Maryland at Yankee Stadium.

 

Am i the only one who thinks Rutgers should just depart from black entirely?

480623.JPEG480620.JPEG480616.JPEG480619.JPEG

Wish they didn't depart from Nike. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.