College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

51 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Here are some better looks at Oregon State.

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

I immediately though of the 2015 pro bowl uniforms** when i saw these. Not only is gray not an official color, but they use two shades of it. Impressively stupid imo. Also, the collar shield is dumb in the fact that it is not team-specific at all, and any team in the country could pull off putting that there. Not enough orange on the jersey (or anywhere for that matter) for my liking, and not at all consistent with their current identity save for the beaver shark helmet logo.

Is there at least a "theme" given for these uniforms or some reasoning from the school or Nike? Or are they GFGS in its purest form?

5983f725a2e34_probowl.thumb.JPG.adfebb05a53eee8eb2a1b87aad78cbdc.JPG

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I immediately saw Illinois' Grey Ghost uniforms when seeing the Oregon State unis. Looks like they just changed conference logos and added the 11 patch (of course, new template too)

B00hIbQCYAAIOxk.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

They are one of the more infuriating teams. They have so many good pieces and throw it away for a hideous modern look.

This is so close. And yet, so far away.

Man I really just don't get it. That helmet is a fantastic alternate the uniform is so close to being great. All they need to do is have the sleeve design be orange, and the jersey be black instead of grey. I don't think it's a disaster, but god dammit, this is so close to being a great alt and instead it looks like another throw away one off the Beavs are destined to get beat by 30 in.

6 hours ago, Lights Out said:

For the record, I have no allegiance to any uniform manufacturer. I have an allegiance to good uniforms. And right now, the TechFit template is by far the biggest crime against college football aesthetics. So as long as Adidas remains married to it and keeps forcing it on every team, I will continue to criticize them for it. And that doesn't make me a shill for Nike, Under Armour or Russell.

Even Adidas's traditional templates (normal mesh, straight shoulder yoke, etc) are TechFit.. Ohio's new Adidas jerseys, for example, are TechFit..

The issues are PrimeKnit and ShockWeb..

7 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

Take away the orange, and you have the start of a really good look for the Oakland Las Vegas Raiders in a few years. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Not a fan of Oregon State's new alternates...which echoes most everyone here...

My favorite look for them is this, and maybe it'd look better with a black facemask:

marcus-mcmaryion-f453b0c908d27c2f.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Have stripes on the helmets that match the pants, add the Beaver logo to both sides, put TV numbers on the jerseys, and these practice combos make for pretty much the perfect Oregon State set IMO:

IMG_6662.JPG.80fe1585ef6b16f66ac36697a4ac21cc.JPGIMG_6665.thumb.JPG.c4304975877aa4594a6bb3f7633b6ba7.JPGIMG_6667.thumb.JPG.288e0df6fc4b85fbc1130520d904755a.JPG

It keeps some modern flair, but overall it's a cleaner, more concise version of what their current uniforms are trying to be. I think something like this would be a great starting point for another uniform refresh, as it'd be a nice mix between their current set and their 2010 pro combats, with some other elements from classic OSU uniforms. They could keep white helmets in rotation, and maybe some orange helmets and pants as well if they changed the striping pattern to black/white/black instead of black/orange/black like their current orange set has. That way they could still mix and match, but the three combos pictured above would be their primary home, away, and alternate combos.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

26 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I don't think I've seen an Oregon State uniform that really stood out to me as looking really good. They've either been acceptable or bad. 

The same can be said for the team itself...

Haven't found a really good picture but BYU updated templates with the same design. Also UNC is revealing their new Jumpman set tomorrow. Unknown at this time what, if any, changes will come. Hopefully it'll be simple changes, such as the template, the Jumpman logo, and perhaps some cohesion between the helmet argyle amidst the stripe and the free floating pants argyle. Otherwise, UNC is on path to have one of CFB's top uniforms.

2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I don't think I've seen an Oregon State uniform that really stood out to me as looking really good. They've either been acceptable or bad. 

A complete 180 from the other orange and black OSU, which (aside from the oversized Pistol Pete helmets) has one of the more unique designs in college football.

15 minutes ago, BucksFan5 said:

Ohio University has gone to adidias, they actually have a normal template instead of that tech fit garbage.

IMG_20170804_151917.jpg

Ohio's new unis have been covered a few pages back, but that's a Techfit jersey. It's not a Shockweb jersey (or whatever it's called), but definitely Techfit. The short stripes give it away.   If they had a regular jersey, they'd have long stripes like UCLA had last year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I interrupt your regularly scheduled FBS news to bring you the most bizarre helmet you will ever see (on the right).

DGVuL6pVwAASS6c.jpg:large

A white helmet PLUS grey text PLUS a navy-esque block of color PLUS a stripe. It's like all the trends from the past 2 years put together.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Oregon State should stick to these:

JacquizzRodgers_001.jpg

4d2b6fe19d718.image.jpg

Jacquizz+Rodgers+Oregon+State+v+TCU+ngxMwqEASUcl.jpg

Some of my favorite uniforms of all time honestly. Every combo was great, the helmet was a classic, the uniform had a cohesive design and wasn't overbearing. Honestly these are probably the biggest underrated classics ever, I like their current look but I don't know if anything will ever top these.

Officially unveiled tomorrow, this appears to be confirmation that North Carolina will upgrade to Vapor Untouchable with their switch to Jordan Brand. Also some hope that a navy alt will debut...

7483244.jpg

Archived