College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

50 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

I interrupt your regularly scheduled FBS news to bring you the most bizarre helmet you will ever see (on the right).

DGVuL6pVwAASS6c.jpg:large

A white helmet PLUS grey text PLUS a navy-esque block of color PLUS a stripe. It's like all the trends from the past 2 years put together.

That's maroon, not navy.  They have worn something similar in the past.

National_Signing_Day_1_.jpg

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I interrupt your regularly scheduled FBS news to bring you the most bizarre helmet you will ever see (on the right).

DGVuL6pVwAASS6c.jpg:large

A white helmet PLUS grey text PLUS a navy-esque block of color PLUS a stripe. It's like all the trends from the past 2 years put together.

It looks like they forgot to paint the last quarter of the helmet and just left the primer on it!

Nebraska appears to be ready to sign an Adidas extension; 11 years for $129m.

While I'm not overly excited about most of Adidas' alternates, they do a good job with the Huskers' standard look (really, it's hard to mess up). This deal would nearly triple the current contract and put NU third in the conference in apparel revenue behind OSU and UM. 

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/huskers-adidas-working-toward--year-extension-with-big-financial/article_6416671c-f403-5db9-8aaa-08f67fa8ef9d.html

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

9 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Urbana University, D2 school in Ohio, has new uniforms

DGZEu1vUAAAFOa9.jpg

They've finally fully converted to UA. Even 4-5 years ago it was Nike at home, UA away. I hope that logo is going on the helmets as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Ohio's new unis have been covered a few pages back, but that's a Techfit jersey. It's not a Shockweb jersey (or whatever it's called), but definitely Techfit. The short stripes give it away.   If they had a regular jersey, they'd have long stripes like UCLA had last year.

Ehhhh... Yes and no.. That is a "regular" jersey.. The stripes aren't short like ShockWeb short, they're just short like Nike vapor untouchable short.. They go all the way to the yoke seam, which is straight across the chest like most late 90's/early 2000's templates... So, as far as Ucla-style shoulder loops of the past 20 years are concerned, these are pretty normal.. Not the commendable armpit-level stripes Ole Miss and LSU wore previously, or Ucla has worn most recently, but not the horribly truncated garbage Ucla wore a few years ago.. 

Here's the catalog picture for reference, as well as their "texans" style template and "standard" template.. These are all what we would consider "normal" jerseys, not the ShockWeb or PrimeKnit stuff..

IMG_1004.PNG

IMG_1005.PNG

IMG_1006.PNG

Man, I really wish Michigan would wear this combo again, even if only for a couple of games a season:

IMG_6686.thumb.JPG.2bc4544a009fc99bdbecc53add2ea490.JPGIMG_6687.thumb.JPG.22781dc8f63f1646b64589528b47e1c8.JPG

I personally really like the all-white look they've had since Harbaugh took over, but the classic white over yellow is just too good not to use at least once or twice a season, especially with the beautiful white jerseys they have now.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

45 minutes ago, TGroce said:

Retail pics confirm navy back in rotation in Chapel Hill

92132.jpg

Fingers crossed hoping this means the end of the black jersey, pants, AND black helmet.  much better option and eliminates any need for a helmet other than white or light blue. 

Archived