buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

 

Where does it end?

In 2030, when the University of Oregon EliteSpeeds (presented by Nike) go head to head with the BangBus.com White Storm in a season opening cupcake match to warm up for their epic showdown with the #11 Texas AT&T Great Rates, a Visa presented, PPV, throwdown showdown, exclusively on the Clorox Squeaky Clean Sports Network (CSCSN for short) that has heavy implications in the NASDAQ Payoff Playoff Market Challenge. The EliteSpeeds had a heartbreaking season, where they finished undefeated, but due to some awful investments in Chinese fabric, were penalized 200 Meritocracy Points, and fell out of the rankings entirely. Now they come back with a veteran roster, including the Nissan Heisman frontrunner, Johnson & Johnson IV, headlined by coach Willie Target, still seeking his first title as CEO of the EliteSpeeds. The U is still not back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

In 2030, when the University of Oregon EliteSpeeds (presented by Nike) go head to head with the BangBus.com White Storm in a season opening cupcake match to warm up for their epic showdown with the #11 Texas AT&T Great Rates, a Visa presented, PPV, throwdown showdown, exclusively on the Clorox Squeaky Clean Sports Network (CSCSN for short) that has heavy implications in the NASDAQ Payoff Playoff Market Challenge. The EliteSpeeds had a heartbreaking season, where they finished undefeated, but due to some awful investments in Chinese fabric, were penalized 200 Meritocracy Points, and fell out of the rankings entirely. Now they come back with a veteran roster, including the Nissan Heisman frontrunner, Johnson & Johnson IV, headlined by coach Willie Target, still seeking his first title as CEO of the EliteSpeeds. The U is still not back.

 

I lost it with that last line. Bravo, sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chrome14 said:

 

 

Beat me to it lol

 

Looks like this confirms the green and black uniforms. So happy to see Miami back in good uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears Mizzou is getting rid of all the piping on their jerseys ; the silver version of this one had the anthracite removed as well but the away confirms this may be a new set alltogether ; will be interesting to see if the gold has the stripes removed 

 

DGoyfsOVYAEaU__.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

It appears Mizzou is getting rid of all the piping on their jerseys ; the silver version of this one had the anthracite removed as well but the away confirms this may be a new set alltogether ; will be interesting to see if the gold has the stripes removed 

 

DGoyfsOVYAEaU__.jpg

So much better already. I wish they would return to the glossy black helmet. I prefer it to the matte black with glossy decals so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping Mizzou updates all of their jerseys to this model. So much cleaner. But the white is the only one we've seen updated so far. I wonder if it's a special jersey or if their entire wardrobe will update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

It appears Mizzou is getting rid of all the piping on their jerseys ; the silver version of this one had the anthracite removed as well but the away confirms this may be a new set alltogether ; will be interesting to see if the gold has the stripes removed 

 

DGoyfsOVYAEaU__.jpg

Fantastic! Now all they need to do is make the tiger striping on their yellow alts consistent for all jerseys and they'd have some of the best unis in all of college football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a few good looks at Michigan State on the VU template:

IMG_6757.thumb.JPG.faaae733208d8a4e0eeb00c66ceaf673.JPGIMG_6758.thumb.JPG.8c8f53e33fcb4f3e8046d2c43b96324b.JPGIMG_6756.thumb.JPG.60af27e6e72c6d32851595e491c29d8c.JPG

Along with the template switch, those last two images show that they adjusted the pant stripe to go all the way up to the waist. Here's the old pants for comparison:

IMG_6759.JPG.dd518a878828da0ed9d1397a46b1342e.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, djam2410 said:

It appears Mizzou is getting rid of all the piping on their jerseys ; the silver version of this one had the anthracite removed as well but the away confirms this may be a new set alltogether ; will be interesting to see if the gold has the stripes removed 

 

DGoyfsOVYAEaU__.jpg

It's more like the homes now, but I wish they kept the cuffs yellow. 

IMG_1325.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cuffs are yellow. Look at the image again. Only half of the cuffs were colored anyways. The cuffs just look to be smaller on the new template (or simply without pads)

 

635528220457239490-483870804_mizzou.imgopt1000x70.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here's a few good looks at Michigan State on the VU template:

IMG_6757.thumb.JPG.faaae733208d8a4e0eeb00c66ceaf673.JPGIMG_6758.thumb.JPG.8c8f53e33fcb4f3e8046d2c43b96324b.JPGIMG_6756.thumb.JPG.60af27e6e72c6d32851595e491c29d8c.JPG

Along with the template switch, those last two images show that they adjusted the pant stripe to go all the way up to the waist. Here's the old pants for comparison:

IMG_6759.JPG.dd518a878828da0ed9d1397a46b1342e.JPG

 

The Spartans should always wear green pants at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BenjiJ said:

So much better already. I wish they would return to the glossy black helmet. I prefer it to the matte black with glossy decals so much.

They still have the glossy black helmet; wore it more than the pictured matte last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

 

The Spartans should always wear green pants at home.

 

Disagree.  Green/Green/White is better than all green.  All green isn't awful, should be worn a couple times year.

 

Awesome:

michigan-state-2016-spring-football-game

 

Pretty good:

 

demetrious-cox-ncaa-football-purdue-mich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

 

The Spartans should always wear green pants at home.

Good grief... You can't be serious.  MSU in green over white is classic. All green is bush league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

 

The Spartans should always wear green pants at home.

As much as I love monochrome, I have to disagree with you on "always" as the green over white (love the new pants stripe) is classic. I just hope the green pants have the same type of stripe in white and wear that at home once or twice a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.