The Continental Baseball League (League logo released)

DCBayernfan28

So I would like to finally go over my logo for the league. It is very basic in the shape of a baseball. I was looking to go simple and the NHL logo was what inspired me. Originally I had called this project the Continental League of Professional Baseball Clubs but felt it was way too wordy. I have shortened it to the Continental Baseball League. Well here is how the process went for the logo. 

Well like I said the NHL shield was my main inspiration so I wanted something like that. In my opinion it is one of the better league logos in sport due to its simplicity and that is what I was aiming for. I decided to keep the colors as it feels perfect with the early 20th century motif as it is not super flashy or in your face. In my first draft I liked the design of the logo but I couldn't find a good way to incorporate the name as it felt too big and there was too much space that was unused. I am a cartographer so that really bothered me haha. Well the next one is where I felt real happy with the design as it is very simple and you can tell it is a baseball for the design. I am not sure if adding the United States and Canada is necessary (let me know) but it gives it a complete look. Finally the only major change in the final one is the name change. I just felt CLPBC was just too wordy and a pain in the ass to deal with so I just simplified the name.

Let me know what you all think and give me some C&C on my logo choice. I really want to hear the opinions on the US/Canada part!!!    

e5f827c816c8ed70a2bb5911a0b02d58.png

• 4 weeks later...

Props on the shortening of the name to CBL. (Much less of a mouthful). Canada, US part looks fine, great starter logo for your league. As the league progresses I could see a logo simplification in the future, but for now it looks good.

Archived