My MLS St. Louis concepts through the years

BigRed618

I've been wanting a pro soccer team in my home(ish)town ever since I started following MLS, and the conversation for a team in the Gateway City has been ongoing for quite a few years. I was there when they were talking about building a stadium in Collinsville, IL. I was there when ACSTL came into being, only to last just a single season. And I'm still here now, still hoping, still listening for any news.

Throughout these years of waiting, naturally I came up with some good ideas of how my team would look. My ideas changed drastically each time I revisited the concept. Have a look...

stlfcConcept.png

2013: This was made when I still thought this still-imaginary MLS club would be playing in Collinsville. I chose black and orange as their colors, to honor fans on both sides of the Mississippi River. They were taken from the collegiate colors of Illinois and Missouri. The roundel was made to look like a riverboat wheel.

Spring '14: For this one, I created a custom fleur-de-lis that looked like an arch and the letter A. The colors were inspired by the flag of the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis.

Summer '14: This one was meant to be a modernization of the St. Louis Stars identity from the old NASL.

Spring '16: I was inspired by the more plain, simple crests used by Brazilian clubs. There is the Gateway Arch, and underneath is a custom made STL monogram, not unlike the one used by the NL's Cardinals.

Now: This latest one is based on the old St. Louis Browns. A new monogram was made. The sword you see behind the disk is based on the one held by the Apotheosis of St. Louis.

So... What do you think? Which one do you like best?

Archived