2016 NFL Playoffs

JWhiz96

Realistically I see the Packers or maybe the Giants playing either Patriots or the Steelers in the Super Bowl. 

The winner of the GB/NYG match up will probably end up representing the NFC in the SB. The only other team I see is maybe the Falcons to make it interesting. 

In the AFC, it really comes down to NE and Pittsburgh. The Chiefs could be the surprise team. But like the Falcons they hang around to keep it interesting but I'd be stunned if they get past either Pats and/or Steelers.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy prediction that has a microscopically small chance of happening: Marquette King, Player of the Game.  He'll pin Houston deep several times, and Osweiler's gonna Osweiler things up to the tune of 3-4 INTs before whoever the hell they have as the third stringer comes in.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Raiders roster fell apart so quickly.  Their saving grace is that Houston has the ability to be just as much of a dumpster fire as Oakland is.

As much as I'd like to see the Raiders win......Houston has home-field, a good defense, and a QB that's at least got on-field experience.  The Texans can derp their way to a 13-3, 16-7 type win.

Well, let's hope they don't. 

If today is the last day we ever see the glorious Oakland Raiders take the field, well, it's been a great five years of doing a stupid comedy bit that turned into earnestness.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

28 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Well, let's hope they don't. 

If today is the last day we ever see the glorious Oakland Raiders take the field, well, it's been a great five years of doing a stupid comedy bit that turned into earnestness.

I nearly hopped on a WN 737 to Hobby this AM to go to nrgStadium.

That said, here's a tribute to old Oaktown hiphop:

Offense M.I.A in Houston.

Connor Cook looks terrible, while he has had recievers drop plenty of balls, most of his throws have been terrible. He certainly does look like a rookie staring his first game, that just so happens to be a playoff game.

Even as a Texans fan, I wanted to see the Raiders at least put up a fight. We're watching what could very much be their last game as the Oakland Raiders, and they're getting embarrassed by the Texans. Hopefully Miami wins so we can actually have a sliver of hope against the Chiefs, as apposed to none at NE.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Nothing but the best and brightest of NFL officiating crews for the playoffs!

I've never liked that the playoff officiating are all-star crews that have never/rarely worked with each other before.  I much prefer the totality of the regular season crews sticking together, whether it's Hochuli's crew or Steratore's crew, etc.

Now granted, the refs are still watching the same parts of the field no matter what, but just as umpires have reputations for how their games are called, these crews have flow in their games, too.

If Anquan Boldin has two unnecessary roughness penalties, shouldn't he be out of the game? How is a personal foul different from unnecessary roughness?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

23 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

I've never liked that the playoff officiating are all-star crews that have never/rarely worked with each other before.  I much prefer the totality of the regular season crews sticking together, whether it's Hochuli's crew or Steratore's crew, etc.

Now granted, the refs are still watching the same parts of the field no matter what, but just as umpires have reputations for how their games are called, these crews have flow in their games, too.

As a football official, I can definitely tell you that a crew that works together throughout the season and playoffs will perform better than a team of "All-Star" crews. Football relies on much more communication within its crews than other sports, especially since anyone can make a call at any time. Crews that work together also train together, and it's far easier to talk your crew mate out of a call (OPI/DPI/etc) when you're familiar with each other than when you're working with newer people.

Even though the crews may be made up of the best officials at their positions, compatibility and cohesiveness with your partners can't be defined with mere ratings. And in a game that relies on crews of 7 on-field, plus another replay official in the booth, you need to gel to officiate effectively and correctly.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

1 minute ago, DG_Now said:

If Anquan Boldin has two unnecessary roughness penalties, shouldn't he be out of the game? How is a personal foul different from unnecessary roughness?

I believe it's two Unsportsmanlike Conduct (UNS) fouls, not two Unnecessary Roughness (UNR).

UNR is more over-aggressiveness, and generally related to play action.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived