Jump to content

Broncos new uniforms coming?


CoachMastermind7
 Share

Recommended Posts

If the NFL moves completely over to the Vapor Unstoppable template we might see a change. At a minimum the collars will shrink if not go away.  I think if Denver changed to the Color Rush jerseys they should go to the older helmet color. They'd stand out from all the other teams with blue lids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it sickens me in a way that people know the marketing names of templates.  Nike has won.  

 

I get that it started (I think) with Edge, but that was more of a "system" comprised of several templates and a new material / cut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

I don't personally like the side hooks on the Broncos jerseys but they've been around for twenty years and the team's won three Super Bowls with them and I think they've become kind of iconic. That's who they are now. Same with the Patriots. I think their jerseys have too much going on but that is who the Patriots are.

This is the number one problem with their uniforms, that they've become iconic. Off the top of my head I recall these uniforms influencing Miami (FL) and Boise State during the 2000s. They are certainly outdated, but I doubt they'll change seeing as they've had the most success in these.

 

But even if they were to change, I would still keep the navy helmets. I can't stand the old royal blue they used, it looked too soft (especially in a division with another light-blue squad).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too be fair, we all study uniform design so it's a way to get the reader to immediately know which jersey style we're talking about.  If I said that new Nike style . . . Nike released three new styles this year.  It cuts through the clutter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2016 at 1:54 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

it sickens me in a way that people know the marketing names of templates.  Nike has won.  

 

I get that it started (I think) with Edge, but that was more of a "system" comprised of several templates and a new material / cut.

 

I always think of Pro Combat when I think of where the template names really caught on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Broncos chose to change things up, I think they should start with their color rush jersey. Switch the number font to the current. I think it could work fine. I'm torn if they should use both navy and baby blue. I think the baby blue would have to be used as accent. If the Titans can pull off both blues, surely the Broncos can do the same. Albeit, orange is in the color scheme too so it could get complicated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2016 at 5:14 PM, JWhiz96 said:

This is the number one problem with their uniforms, that they've become iconic. Off the top of my head I recall these uniforms influencing Miami (FL) and Boise State during the 2000s. They are certainly outdated, but I doubt they'll change seeing as they've had the most success in these.

 

But even if they were to change, I would still keep the navy helmets. I can't stand the old royal blue they used, it looked too soft (especially in a division with another light-blue squad).

 

I would hope they use actual royal helmets (metallic or satin finish) if they were going back to orange and royal.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/30/2016 at 0:59 PM, Ice_Cap said:

Good G-d. A few half-wits from Reddit tried to kickstart the "new Broncos uniform" rumour a few years back (along with a rumour about a chrome Cowboys helmet that never came to pass) and it just won't die. 

Now we have people familiar with the Broncos who have confirmed that this is just an annual sale they do, and that it's not indicative of any uniform change. Won't stop the rumour mill though.

 

The Broncos-are-changing-rumor-that-won't-die is the football equivalent of the Padres-are-going-back-to-brown and the Phillies-are-putting-Philadelphia-on-the-road-jerseys.  It's dumb rumor-mongering that won't die because of wishful thinking.

(Edit: and the Eagles' kelly green rumor too!  It's an annual tradition!)

 

And I remember when that rumor hit (along with the Cowboys helmet thing).  Wasn't that when Nike got the contract?  That rumor and those ridiculous concepts that swept across social media were running wild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bouj said:

 

The Broncos-are-changing-rumor-that-won't-die is the football equivalent of the Padres-are-going-back-to-brown and the Phillies-are-putting-Philadelphia-on-the-road-jerseys.  It's dumb rumor-mongering that won't die because of wishful thinking.

(Edit: and the Eagles' kelly green rumor too!  It's an annual tradition!)

 

And I remember when that rumor hit (along with the Cowboys helmet thing).  Wasn't that when Nike got the contract?  That rumor and those ridiculous concepts that swept across social media were running wild.

 

Yep. A banned member by the name of Soundofthrowingpennies (remember that piece of work?) was the local mouthpiece for those reddit numbskulls. He was like Bagdad Bob... kept trying to sell why the rumors were basically correct well after they were proven completely wrong.

 

Good times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2016 at 3:54 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

it sickens me in a way that people know the marketing names of templates.  Nike has won.  

 

I get that it started (I think) with Edge, but that was more of a "system" comprised of several templates and a new material / cut.


I get that Nike's marketing can be over the top and ridiculous sometimes, but this is the CCSLC. We obsess over details. Does peoples knowledge of tackle twill and dazzle fabric sicken you as well? Or chain stitching, or kiss cut numbers?

Your average NFL fan that doesn't know the difference from an authentic jersey to horrible fake jersey doesn't know the template names. 


Anyway, my taste tends to sway more classic, but the Broncos are one of the modern uniforms that i still really love, albeit i much preferred the navy primary. It's a cohesive set. It's not jarring piping everywhere like AZ, the sidepanels mesh well with the pant stripes unlike NE, and the number font is modern, unique but doesn't feel like it's trying to hard, (The Jags old number font comes to mind) and it goes well with the logo. And as others have pointed out (like Brandon Moore in his Modern History of Football Uniform Design book), this set was a turning point in modern uniform design, and i think it still holds up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

_3067564.png

The more I look at this logo, the more I feel it could use a face lift or something. Not a complete revamp, something more along the line of what the Carolina Panthers and Arizona Cardinals have done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

_3067564.png

The more I look at this logo, the more I feel it could use a face lift or something. Not a complete revamp, something more along the line of what the Carolina Panthers and Arizona Cardinals have done.

 

I think I might agree with you.  Those sharp edges and points, especially around the mouth, nose, and forehead are very 90's, like the Nashville Preds' "oil slick" cat. Also, from the ears back, it's all curves, from the ears forward, its so angular.

 

A clean up would be helpful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2017 at 10:36 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Every NFL off-season we get this discussion and the one about the Eagles switching back to kelly green.

 

 

Neither of which ever happens.

 

Hope springs eternal.  Isn't that what the off-season is supposed to be about, that this might be the year good things actually happen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.