Thrift Store Gems 2017

johnnysama

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my most recent find for $9.99. I've been hitting up Value Village a lot more often lately and it's been paying off. It's funny though because I was never a big fan of this jersey but it looks way nicer in person than I would have expected. That's happened to me a few times where I don't really like a jersey but then see it in real life and get a better appreciation for it. 

IMG_2328.thumb.JPG.81ff2b6ae5a38f78a1aea100f28e5d6e.JPG

I also saw an old Champion Charlotte Hornets Alonzo Mourning jersey. I considered buying that to sell on eBay but I wasn't sure that I'd make any money off of it.

Found a couple Soo Greyhounds caps new with tags still on at a local thrift shop (Community Clothing Assistance)

$1 each

P1040239_zpssuujrsrw.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

22 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Sweet Jeebus! That's a once in a lifetime find. I probably would've needed new underpants once I saw that on the rack. Congrats!

I almost started crying. To have gone into that place hundreds of times and to have leafed through thousands of youth rec league and church league and other worthless jerseys and to never have found so much as a Champion or Mitchell and Ness ... yeah, couldn't believe my eyes. They didn't know what they had, clearly.

Didn't find that much last trip to the thrift stores.

P1040251_zpsw2sbjdep.jpg

Vancouver Voodoo t-shirt for $4

fairly large sized local city flag for $5

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

On 3/2/2017 at 2:47 PM, Fresno St. Alum said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Louisville-Cardinals-NCAA-basketball-jersey-Adidas-Mens-Lrg-Excellent-Condition-/262915796254?hash=item3d3700ad1e:g:Yj8AAOSwB-1YtKCk

I'm selling these on ebay

Georgetown, Louisville, Tennessee, St.John's. my user name is fresno_st_alum

SOLD: UNC, Illinois, Texas, Michigan, Missouri, Miami, Wisconsin, Stanford, Colorado, Alabama, Florida, Maryland, Indiana, Iowa, Syracuse, UConn, Oregon, Minnesota, Duke, Arizona, Kentucky, Purdue, Kansas, Cincinnati, Washington, Gonzaga, UCLA

Anyone recognize this team?
Wondering if it is minor league or if it is some lower level team.

Would think somewhere around minor or collegiate since what slo-pitch/softball team would be interested in and could afford a specialty jersey (pink - breast cancer).

Be something to wear if my Slo-pitch team plays in the Fun tournament this year.
Before he "retired" one long time guy player from the league wore pink pants for that tournament year after year.

$3 minus 30% off ain't going to break the bank in any case.

P1040292_zpsetzres0o.jpg

Archived