Thrift Store Gems 2017

johnnysama

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/22/2017 at 9:03 PM, sc49erfan15 said:

Spent $85 on jerseys today. At Goodwill.

Netted 17 mid 90s-early 00s soccer jerseys and a pair of authentic Champion mid-90s Phoenix Suns shorts.

Pics to come!

17 jerseys in one day?? Nice. I don't think I've seen 17 authentic jerseys in the last 10 years of Goodwill hunting in numerous cities on the US east coast. Even vintage tees are rare nowadays. My Goodwill experience usually involves sorting through family reunion shirts and crappy, dime a dozen Gildan tees. 

55 minutes ago, Radiohead said:

17 jerseys in one day?? Nice. I don't think I've seen 17 authentic jerseys in the last 10 years of Goodwill hunting in numerous cities on the US east coast. Even vintage tees are rare nowadays. My Goodwill experience usually involves sorting through family reunion shirts and crappy, dime a dozen Gildan tees. 

I left a few. There were probably around 25, clearly all donated from the same person. All from roughly 1997-2004, all size XL or XXL. I just happened to hit it at the right time.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

$10 on eBay. Like-new condition.

20170329_220005-1.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Found at Goodwill this morning: what appears to be a game used 2014-15 Oregon State women's softball batting helmet. Missing a couple decals, but photomatched to game shots from those years.

IMG_9479.JPG

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I'm not sure it would count necessarily, but when I was younger I found a powder blue LaDanian Tomlinson jersey at a garage sale for a dollar. I didn't even like the Chargers, but LT was a beast and those jerseys were sweet. I couldn't pass it up.  

spacer.png

4 hours ago, sportsed said:

Found this for $5! My first one!

padres.jpg

Wow, what a steal!

I got an Angels TATC jersey on eBay a few years ago for $15 and I couldn't believe it. 

Speaking of TATC jerseys, for anyone else who owns one, do you actually wear it? If so, what do you wear underneath it? The quasi-sleeves always look so strange the way they jut out and don't rest on my arms. It makes me feel like I'm wearing a Lady Gaga outfit or something from a sci-fi movie. I've tried a long-sleeve and short sleeve tee, as well as a hoodie under neath and nothing looks right.

IMG_2291.JPG

34 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Wow, what a steal!

I got an Angels TATC jersey on eBay a few years ago for $15 and I couldn't believe it. 

Speaking of TATC jerseys, for anyone else who owns one, do you actually wear it? If so, what do you wear underneath it? The quasi-sleeves always look so strange the way they jut out and don't rest on my arms. It makes me feel like I'm wearing a Lady Gaga outfit or something from a sci-fi movie. I've tried a long-sleeve and short sleeve tee, as well as a hoodie under neath and nothing looks right.

IMG_2291.JPG

I didn't know the Angels were in NFL Europe in the mid 90s

32 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Wow, what a steal!

IMG_2291.JPG

That looks OK to me. I'm sure that's how a lot of players wore them. Otherwise, just throw on a tank top.

Archived