The American Baseball Federation

CubsjjHawks149

There will be 24 teams, split into two conferences and three divisions of four. The divisions, conferences, and teams are listed below

West Conference

North Division

. Seattle Steelheads

. Portland Black Bears

. Denver Huskies

. Bay Area Rebels

Central Division 

Kansas City Eagles

. St Louis Warriors

. Dallas Renegades

. Utah Lakers

South Division

Los Angeles Stars

. San Diego Inferno

Phoenix Vipers

. Houston Wildcats

East Conference coming soon!

East Conference

North Division

New York Bulldogs

Boston Militia

Philadelphia Liberty

Motor City Mechanics

Central Division

Chicago Giants

Indianapolis Speed

Cleveland Cougars

Louisville Stallions

South Division

New Orleans Lightning

.    Atlanta Heat

.    Orlando Bengals

.    Miami Kings

9 minutes ago, CubsjjHawks149 said:

Soon

I know you're new, so we can probably let it slide, but in the future you aren't supposed to start a concept without logos or at least some sort of teaser image.

Here's a link to the concept section rules, I suggest you give them a read: 

Don't want to seem like a killjoy here, just trying to help you out. We all make rookie mistakes :)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

EDIT: I'm curious, what was your reasoning for having a team located in Detroit called the Bulls? It's not what would come to mind first when I think of that city.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

29 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

EDIT: I'm curious, what was your reasoning for having a team located in Detroit called the Bulls? It's not what would come to mind first when I think of that city.

I was going to choose mustangs or speed, but I wanted to save those for my Indianapolis and Louisville teams. Louisville is stallions so I didn't want names to be similar. Bulls was the first thing I thought of

56 minutes ago, CubsjjHawks149 said:

I was going to choose mustangs or speed, but I wanted to save those for my Indianapolis and Louisville teams. Louisville is stallions so I didn't want names to be similar. Bulls was the first thing I thought of

Interesting. Maybe you could have done "Mechanics" since that doesn't interfere with any of your current names, and has the "Motor City" connection.

But if you want to keep Bulls, that's cool too :) 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

11 minutes ago, CubsjjHawks149 said:

Fixed. The Detroit Bulls are now the Motor City Mechanics

Nice! I see you also put up a league logo. Before I critique, may I ask what program you are using?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

30 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

Nice! I see you also put up a league logo. Before I critique, may I ask what program you are using?

I'm still looking for a program for the team logos, but for now I used a free logo maker for the league logo. I'll make some changes  when I get a legitimate program.

1 minute ago, CubsjjHawks149 said:

I'm still looking for a program for the team logos, but for now I used a free logo maker for the league logo. I'll make some changes  when I get a legitimate program.

You know, there are a few logo making programs you can download for free. Some people use paint.net, but if you're looking to make vector graphics (Which I highly recommend) you could download inkscape. I know there are a lot of designers on here who would agree that's a good program to use (There may be a slight learning curve, but there are tutorials for it). I personally use PowerPoint to make my logos. If you have the program, I could give you a tutorial to use.

As for the design, I'm going to give you a few pointers on how to make it better :)

-I'm going to ignore the blurriness due to lack of programs for now, but when you do make a design, you want to be sure it's crisp and clear.

-I like the font, but it looks a little too tall right now. Maybe you could shorten it, and make it bolder.

-I suggest including the bat, but removing the ball. Maybe flip the bat on it's side and put it underneath the letters to tie it all together.

-I love the navy, don't change that.

-Maybe add three stars on the bat to give it an American vibe.

Great job so far, can't wait to see what you come up with!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

2 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

You know, there are a few logo making programs you can download for free. Some people use paint.net, but if you're looking to make vector graphics (Which I highly recommend) you could download inkscape. I know there are a lot of designers on here who would agree that's a good program to use (There may be a slight learning curve, but there are tutorials for it). I personally use PowerPoint to make my logos. If you have the program, I could give you a tutorial to use.

As for the design, I'm going to give you a few pointers on how to make it better :)

-I'm going to ignore the blurriness due to lack of programs for now, but when you do make a design, you want to be sure it's crisp and clear.

-I like the font, but it looks a little too tall right now. Maybe you could shorten it, and make it bolder.

-I suggest including the bat, but removing the ball. Maybe flip the bat on it's side and put it underneath the letters to tie it all together.

-I love the navy, don't change that.

-Maybe add three stars on the bat to give it an American vibe.

Great job so far, can't wait to see what you come up with!

Ok, thanks, I'll try those programs

Archived