2017 NFL Offseason: Firin', hirin', signin', draftin'!

CS85

Is this Barnett guy good?  I don't know any of these players, but from what I'm reading, all the guys people wanted are either accused rapists, woman beaters, or aggravated assaulters.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

Is this Barnett guy good?  I don't know any of these players, but from what I'm reading, all the guys people wanted are either accused rapists, woman beaters, or aggravated assaulters.

Broke Reggie White's school record for sacks, if that helps.  Dude was a pest with Tennessee.

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

He is good, but his measurable stats are not as athletically good compared to Miles Garrett.

The run/pass option which NCAA offenses run make pass rushers more timid. In the NFL, he'll have one job.  Get the QB.

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Great heart and motor, doesn't take plays off. Not as talented as Solomon Thomas or Myles Garrett but is still a fine player in his own right. As HedleyLamarr said, broke White's record for sacks in his final bowl game.

NSFCvyu.png

One note - Jonathan Allen is still on the board right now. Wasn't he ranked real high on some boards? Will be surprised if he gets past Indy. 

spacer.png

Just checking in.

LOL the Bears drafted Jared Goff: 2017 edition

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The NFL Draft is a crapshoot at best. We really have no idea who is going to be a good pick or a bad pick. That being said, I think the Bears might have made a bit of a reach going with Trubisky at #2. i get that Chicago needs a QB, but wow. Then again, the guy might end up being the next Joe Montana. I guess we'll find out. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, Crabcake47 said:

One note - Jonathan Allen is still on the board right now. Wasn't he ranked real high on some boards? Will be surprised if he gets past Indy. 

Aaand Allen falls to 16. Be shocked if we don't take him. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

The NFL Draft is a crapshoot at best. We really have no idea who is going to be a good pick or a bad pick. That being said, I think the Bears might have made a bit of a reach going with Trubisky at #2. i get that Chicago needs a QB, but wow. Then again, the guy might end up being the next Joe Montana. I guess we'll find out. 

His college numbers indicate otherwise.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

In other words, a typical NFL draft. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

Otherwise what? That he's the next Montana or that the Bears were smart to grab him at #2? 

Based on his college performance, the Bears really, really reached and will regret this pick.

Today, we are all otaku.

7 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Aaand Allen falls to 16. Be shocked if we don't take him. 

Color me shocked. We did need a corner badly tho. 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

I'd rather have OJ Howard.

I didn't watch a ton of Alabama games but I get the feeling OJ Howard is basically just cashing in on two good Natl. Championship games.  I never got the feeling otherwise that he was going to be an elite player at the next level, but I'm no scout.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 minutes ago, See Red said:

I didn't watch a ton of Alabama games but I get the feeling OJ Howard is basically just cashing in on two good Natl. Championship games.  I never got the feeling otherwise that he was going to be an elite player at the next level, but I'm no scout.

Howard was criminally under used by Lane and Saban. He's a matchup nightmare who has three season of run blocking exp.

1 minute ago, See Red said:

I didn't watch a ton of Alabama games but I get the feeling OJ Howard is basically just cashing in on two good Natl. Championship games.

While he is a freakish athlete and good run blocker, you're pretty much right.

NSFCvyu.png

Archived