2017 NFL Offseason: Firin', hirin', signin', draftin'!

CS85

9 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

Sounds like a hire with good potential. I think the bills should have kept marrone around a little longer

They also hired Coughlin as a football czar so there's that.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

Sounds like a hire with good potential. I think the bills should have kept marrone around a little longer

They would have; he was able to opt out of his contract, because the team was sold.

With the Bills hiring Sean McDermott, they have had 10 coaches since 2000. The Giants have had 13 coaches since 1931.

I'm optimistic about McDermott, but that's how it always goes on Day 1.

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

With the Bills hiring Sean McDermott, they have had 10 coaches since 2000. The Giants have had 13 coaches since 1931.

I'm optimistic about McDermott, but that's how it always goes on Day 1.

The McDermott hire makes sense at least. Some of the others (Gailey, Jauron, Williams, Mularkey) were so clearly destined to fail.

I hope Lynn stays on.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Another coordinator named Sean gets a new head coaching job--ex-Washington offensive coordinator Sean McVay is named head coach of the Rams.  He'll be the youngest head coach in modern-day NFL history (he turns 31 on January 24th).

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18460972/los-angeles-rams-hire-redskins-oc-sean-mcvay-coach

43 minutes ago, MadmanLA said:

Another coordinator named Sean gets a new head coaching job--ex-Washington offensive coordinator Sean McVay is named head coach of the Rams.  He'll be the youngest head coach in modern-day NFL history (he turns 31 on January 24th).

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18460972/los-angeles-rams-hire-redskins-oc-sean-mcvay-coach

Rams just had to throw more shade on the Chargers today.

But this could be a disaster if McVay isn't respected by the roster. A roster, by the way, which likely won't have a 1st Round pick in the draft since they do not have one as of today.

The Chargers hired Anthony Lynn. Yes, the same Anthony Lynn that the Bills didn't want, and he was on their staff. My guess? They hired him because he was willing to work for cheap and let the Spanoses force Whiz and the offensive staff on him so they could save money.

I am so, so happy to be done with that franchise. 9 wins in their last 32 games and they still cling to the same old practices that have never worked and will never work.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

6 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The Chargers hired Anthony Lynn. Yes, the same Anthony Lynn that the Bills didn't want, and he was on their staff. My guess? They hired him because he was willing to work for cheap and let the Spanoses force Whiz and the offensive staff on him so they could save money.

I am so, so happy to be done with that franchise. 9 wins in their last 32 games and they still cling to the same old practices that have never worked and will never work.

Duh, Lynn came in from the Jets with Rex Ryan. He didn't have a shot, but satisfied the Rooney Rule.

5 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Duh, Lynn came in from the Jets with Rex Ryan. He didn't have a shot, but satisfied the Rooney Rule.

Lynn was very different from Ryan, even though he was on his staff. Rex seems like he took a page from his buddy and was in charge of Making the Bills Great Again. Lynn was more detail-oriented.  The insiders gave Lynn a good shot at the Bills job. The thing that I find strange about Anthony Lynn is that he was the RB coach in September. If anyone was willing to give him even an OC job a year ago, he probably would have been there; that's how the coaching ladder works. Now he's a serious HC candidate after 7/8 of a season heading a meh offense, and everyone says he's been such a great assistant for a long time?

Number one rushing offense in 2016, especially considering the Bills played from behind so much, is pretty good.

The Bills were much better after Lynn took over. That Doofus twin #2 ruined the defense isn't his fault.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Number one rushing offense in 2016, especially considering the Bills played from behind so much, is pretty good.

The Bills were much better after Lynn took over. That Doofus twin #2 ruined the defense isn't his fault.

And without looking it up... 30th in passing or something like that? I'm pretty sure they also scored over 30 points the week that Greg Roman got fired... it's not like the offense was a dumpster fire before Lynn got there.

They scored 7 against the Ravens in week one. But, in fariness, scored a bunch more in that dumb week two loss to the Jets.

The defense was far and away the problem this season. But the offense was built to gain and even protect leads (though I guess they didn't?).

I don't know. I've spent the last 16 years finding silver linings for bad Bills seasons. It's not much fun.

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

I don't even know why I liked this post. I guess that after the year we had, watching things blow up in billionaires' faces is pretty good.

Archived