2017 NFL Offseason: Firin', hirin', signin', draftin'!

CS85

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, it all fell apart.  As twitter news tends to do.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

49ers are expected to offer job to Shanahan after playoffs.  Will request 2nd interview.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

18 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

So, what are the chances Adrian Peterson leaves Minnesota? And who is expected to be the starting QB for them next season?

Peterson is set to make $11.8 M (non-guaranteed) with a $6M roster bonus in March, is about to turn 32 and has been injury prone over the last three seasons. He wants to be in Tampa, Houston or the Giants.

Mike Zimmer on January 3:

"I think Sam has played great this year, No. 1.  I think he’s earned the right to be the starting quarterback, and right now all I’m worried about is Teddy getting better. Sam has done remarkable, the things he’s done this year with all the things that he’s had to do."

Adrian Peterson should be in prison - I'd cut ties with him given the opportunity.  It's not right to put your fans in the position of "having" to cheer for a piece of garbage like him.  Same goes for Big Ben.  For all that the Steelers do well in terms of running a franchise, they're extremely lax when it comes to player discipline and seem to value winning above decency (they're not alone here, but possibly worse than most others.)

It's disgusting to see women wearing Roethlesburger jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gus Bradley takes the Chargers DC job. 49ers wanted him as well. Everyone turns down the Niners. I fully expect Kyle Shanahan to change his mind and not take the HC job. Until Jed York and his stooge Paraag Marathe hit the road the Niners are doomed. 

10 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Well, they got it half-right.

I don't know if letting them both go together would've been the right move (if I understand correctly that you're referring to Pagano as well). I think it was definitely best to give Pagano one more chance to operate without Grigson in the picture, considering 1) Grigson strapped him with an underwhelming roster (especially that Swiss cheese O-Line), and 2) they did NOT get along. Grigson was the much bigger problem, and Irsay booted the right guy first. It could be the optimistic Colts fan in me, but I think this will bode well almost immediately. And if it doesn't in a season's time, then alright, we can move on from Pagano.

Either way, something needed to be done. It was frankly alarming to see such a spiral-down for two seasons without much urgency on the Front Office's part. Sending Grigson out especially is a season too late.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

20 hours ago, DNAsports said:

A part of me wishes the Falcons new stadium wasn't a dome. I like the idea of Atlanta playing outdoors

At least it's a retractable roof; the interior is very similar to US Bank Stadium (something I just recently noticed), but with a bit more open space.

4 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

At least it's a retractable roof; the interior is very similar to US Bank Stadium (something I just recently noticed), but with a bit more open space.

Retractable roofs (rooves?) are good in theory, but in reality they're almost never opened, cast weird shadows, and end up being just like a hole in the roof (like old Texas stadium.)

As I get older and going to games is more of a challenge due to schedules and other commitments, I have less patience with rain delays, don't want my night-off (from work or form some other activity that I had to skip) to be wasted getting soaked by rain, and can't play the waiting game for them to make a decision on whether to postpone the game.  My stance on retractable domes has changed a lot - but only if they could do it right and keep it open unless they absolutely have to close it.  And have it open over the field and stands when it's open. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Fun fact -- if you sit in the bleachers at Safeco you can still get wet when it rains, retractable roof be damned.

Another fun fact - it mostly rains in the fall and winter in Seattle, not in the summer. And given that the Mariners don't play in October, the retractable roof has never really been all that necessary.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived