2017 NASCAR Season Thread

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:10 PM, cubsfan2015 said:

Your not the only one. Meanwhile,Corey LaJole and Gary Gauldling have full time rides. Given the right equipment,Bowman is a beast.

Alex Bowman has been down the road of the poorly-funded team. He spent a couple years at BK Racing. I doubt he'd want to drive for another small-time team and languish in the back of the field the way he did for BK.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

5 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

Alex Bowman has been down the road of the poorly-funded team. He spent a couple years at BK Racing. I doubt he'd want to drive for another small-time team and languish in the back of the field the way he did for BK.

I think JTG should have given the 37 to Bowman instead of Chris Buescher

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Be that as it may, would that team have given him any more of an opportunity to consistently win than BK? Yeah, they're a tier above that, but they're not going to compete week-in and week-out for wins. He's probably better off sticking with Hendrick in a development/test driver capacity and, if something should happen to Earnhardt or if they buy Kahne out, he can step in.

Trust me, I'm rooting for the guy. I liked seeing him do so well knowing that he'd languished with BK. I also wish there wasn't such a gulf between the likes of Hendrick/JGR/Penske and BK/TMG/Leavine/Go FAS.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

There's always 2018. Buescher's not going to be around after this year (it's only a loan to JTG). And, it sounds like they're going to give the 2-car team a real consideration for next year.

Ah; talking about the 2017/2018 Silly Season before the 2017 season even starts. :P

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

2 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

There's always 2018. Buescher's not going to be around after this year (it's only a loan to JTG). And, it sounds like they're going to give the 2-car team a real consideration for next year.

Ah; talking about the 2017/2018 Silly Season before the 2017 season even starts. :P

Always look to the future,that's what I say.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Biffle will not be full time in 2017.

Biffle announced Friday via Twitter that he has accepted a recurring role as a guest analyst on NBC Sports' "NASCAR America" show. He says his debut is March 1.

He adds that "if the right opportunity arises, I may return to the driver's seat."

In other news, Nature's Bakery responded to the SHR $31M breach of contract suit.

"Contrary to its image, SHR is run by big-business types that took advantage of Nature's Bakery," Allin said. "They now are threatening scorched-earth litigation against a multi-generational family company. We're obviously not going to let them bully us. We may be a small brand, but we do not think what they are doing is right. We look forward to defending ourselves in court."

Nature's Bakery said it will file a detailed response and counterclaims shortly that will "shed light on SHR's conduct both during the race season and after."

"They can file whatever they want. We're confident with our position," said SHR president Brett Frood.

One of SHR's particularly nasty allegations was that Nature's Bakery had recurring mold issues with its bars, which contributed to financial problems. SHR also alleged its own employees were forced to remove moldy bars from inventory that was slated for marketing efforts at races.

SHR also said Nature's Bakery repeatedly asked for modified payment schedules and then missed payments. SHR said the company devised "a scheme to avoid further payments" by claiming Patrick had been endorsing competing products and was not using her social media presence enough to promote Nature's Bakery.

Related to the suit, Aspen Dental picked up additional races for Danica's car, including Daytona. 

Daniel Suarez is replacing Edwards (retirement) for The Clash, but why isn't Clint Bowyer in the race for Tony Stewart (retirement)? The race is optional to participate in. Did Bowyer just choose not to race?

did Tony ever qualify on the pole? that's how you get in the clash right?

13 minutes ago, dont care said:

did Tony ever qualify on the pole? that's how you get in the clash right?

Even with your edit, NASCAR was apparently more worried about the lack of sponsorship $$$ SHR had in January.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/01/20/fans-weigh-in-clint-bowyer-should-be-allowed-to-run-in-clash-too.html

NASCAR said it determined that since JGR already had a car and sponsorship ready to go for the Clash and Edwards' departure was a surprise, it was only fair to let Suarez compete. On the other hand, SHR knew of Stewart's retirement ahead of time and was not as prepared to compete in the 75-lap exhibition race.

8 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

So what that is say is they were prepared for a surprise retirement as opposed to a retirement they knew about a year in advance?

Presumably Edwards'  car was already in and ready to go, while Stewart's wasn't (because it didn't need to be.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

12 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Presumably Edwards'  car was already in and ready to go, while Stewart's wasn't (because it didn't need to be.)

That still doesn't make sense. Wouldn't NASCAR be fully aware that Stewart wouldn't be able to compete due to retirement? If that's the case, they should have been fully aware of Edwards' retirement and not allowed Suarez to race. The Stewart-Bowyer switch was planned in advance while the Edwards-Suarez was, in a sense, heat of the moment.

With what you're saying, it makes it sound like JGR got the #19 down to Daytona before SHR got the #14 down there and was a "You snooze you lose" kind of thing.

If you're that worried about it, then take it up with a tweet to Mike Helton and even Smoke about it.

It's clear that with losing a sponsor for 20 races and a new engine supplier, SHR is less worried about the Clash and more worried about the 500 and beyond.

7 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

If you're that worried about it, then take it up with a tweet to Mike Helton and even Smoke about it.

It's clear that with losing a sponsor for 20 races and a new engine supplier, SHR is less worried about the Clash and more worried about the 500 and beyond.

It's not something I'm heated about. Sponsorships aside, it's just weird to me that NASCAR would allow Suarez to race, but not Bowyer.

It's not something I'm heated about. Sponsorships aside, it's just weird to me that NASCAR would allow Suarez to race, but not Bowyer.

It's NASCAR party.  They can invited whomever, for what ever reason, they want.  

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived