Jump to content

2017 NASCAR Season Thread


rvrdgsfn
 Share

Recommended Posts

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:10 PM, cubsfan2015 said:

Your not the only one. Meanwhile,Corey LaJole and Gary Gauldling have full time rides. Given the right equipment,Bowman is a beast.

Alex Bowman has been down the road of the poorly-funded team. He spent a couple years at BK Racing. I doubt he'd want to drive for another small-time team and languish in the back of the field the way he did for BK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

Alex Bowman has been down the road of the poorly-funded team. He spent a couple years at BK Racing. I doubt he'd want to drive for another small-time team and languish in the back of the field the way he did for BK.

I think JTG should have given the 37 to Bowman instead of Chris Buescher

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

I think JTG should have given the 37 to Bowman instead of Chris Buescher

Be that as it may, would that team have given him any more of an opportunity to consistently win than BK? Yeah, they're a tier above that, but they're not going to compete week-in and week-out for wins. He's probably better off sticking with Hendrick in a development/test driver capacity and, if something should happen to Earnhardt or if they buy Kahne out, he can step in.

 

Trust me, I'm rooting for the guy. I liked seeing him do so well knowing that he'd languished with BK. I also wish there wasn't such a gulf between the likes of Hendrick/JGR/Penske and BK/TMG/Leavine/Go FAS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I think JTG should have given the 37 to Bowman instead of Chris Buescher

 

There's always 2018. Buescher's not going to be around after this year (it's only a loan to JTG). And, it sounds like they're going to give the 2-car team a real consideration for next year.

 

Ah; talking about the 2017/2018 Silly Season before the 2017 season even starts. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

 

There's always 2018. Buescher's not going to be around after this year (it's only a loan to JTG). And, it sounds like they're going to give the 2-car team a real consideration for next year.

 

Ah; talking about the 2017/2018 Silly Season before the 2017 season even starts. :P

Always look to the future,that's what I say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Biffle will not be full time in 2017.

 

Quote

Biffle announced Friday via Twitter that he has accepted a recurring role as a guest analyst on NBC Sports' "NASCAR America" show. He says his debut is March 1.

He adds that "if the right opportunity arises, I may return to the driver's seat."

 

In other news, Nature's Bakery responded to the SHR $31M breach of contract suit.

Quote

"Contrary to its image, SHR is run by big-business types that took advantage of Nature's Bakery," Allin said. "They now are threatening scorched-earth litigation against a multi-generational family company. We're obviously not going to let them bully us. We may be a small brand, but we do not think what they are doing is right. We look forward to defending ourselves in court."

Nature's Bakery said it will file a detailed response and counterclaims shortly that will "shed light on SHR's conduct both during the race season and after."

"They can file whatever they want. We're confident with our position," said SHR president Brett Frood.

One of SHR's particularly nasty allegations was that Nature's Bakery had recurring mold issues with its bars, which contributed to financial problems. SHR also alleged its own employees were forced to remove moldy bars from inventory that was slated for marketing efforts at races.

SHR also said Nature's Bakery repeatedly asked for modified payment schedules and then missed payments. SHR said the company devised "a scheme to avoid further payments" by claiming Patrick had been endorsing competing products and was not using her social media presence enough to promote Nature's Bakery.

Related to the suit, Aspen Dental picked up additional races for Danica's car, including Daytona. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Daniel Suarez is replacing Edwards (retirement) for The Clash, but why isn't Clint Bowyer in the race for Tony Stewart (retirement)? The race is optional to participate in. Did Bowyer just choose not to race?


did Tony ever qualify on the pole? that's how you get in the clash right?

 

Edited by dont care
turns out tony could have competed because he was a past winner. but i guess the reason is Suarez can compete because its still the same team/car, bowyer cant because in that case it has to be the same driver.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, dont care said:


did Tony ever qualify on the pole? that's how you get in the clash right?

 

Even with your edit, NASCAR was apparently more worried about the lack of sponsorship $$$ SHR had in January.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/01/20/fans-weigh-in-clint-bowyer-should-be-allowed-to-run-in-clash-too.html

 

 

Quote

NASCAR said it determined that since JGR already had a car and sponsorship ready to go for the Clash and Edwards' departure was a surprise, it was only fair to let Suarez compete. On the other hand, SHR knew of Stewart's retirement ahead of time and was not as prepared to compete in the 75-lap exhibition race.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

So what that is say is they were prepared for a surprise retirement as opposed to a retirement they knew about a year in advance?

 

Presumably Edwards'  car was already in and ready to go, while Stewart's wasn't (because it didn't need to be.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, rams80 said:

 

Presumably Edwards'  car was already in and ready to go, while Stewart's wasn't (because it didn't need to be.)

That still doesn't make sense. Wouldn't NASCAR be fully aware that Stewart wouldn't be able to compete due to retirement? If that's the case, they should have been fully aware of Edwards' retirement and not allowed Suarez to race. The Stewart-Bowyer switch was planned in advance while the Edwards-Suarez was, in a sense, heat of the moment.

 

With what you're saying, it makes it sound like JGR got the #19 down to Daytona before SHR got the #14 down there and was a "You snooze you lose" kind of thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're that worried about it, then take it up with a tweet to Mike Helton and even Smoke about it.

 

It's clear that with losing a sponsor for 20 races and a new engine supplier, SHR is less worried about the Clash and more worried about the 500 and beyond.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

If you're that worried about it, then take it up with a tweet to Mike Helton and even Smoke about it.

 

It's clear that with losing a sponsor for 20 races and a new engine supplier, SHR is less worried about the Clash and more worried about the 500 and beyond.

It's not something I'm heated about. Sponsorships aside, it's just weird to me that NASCAR would allow Suarez to race, but not Bowyer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

It's not something I'm heated about. Sponsorships aside, it's just weird to me that NASCAR would allow Suarez to race, but not Bowyer.

 

It's NASCAR party.  They can invited whomever, for what ever reason, they want.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.