3. Newgarden

4. Dixon

5. Pagenaud

6. Jones

7. Munoz

8. Pigot

9. Castroneves

10. Rahal

Considering what Mayor Hinch has gone through to come back, I couldn't be happier with this win, let alone this course. Long Beach is one of my favorite courses in IndyCar. Kind of weird to not see an Penske, Ganassi or Andretti car in victory lane yet. Bourdais having another good race, Newgarden & Dixon held up as well. Rough day for Hunter Reay, Andretti & Rossi.

Next up : Alabama

Formula 1 results for the Chinese Grand Prix:

1. Hamilton

2. Vettel

3. Verstappen

4. Ricciardo

5. Räikkönen

6. Bottas

7. Sainz Jr.

8. Magnussen

9. Perez

10. Ocon

Hamilton strikes again in dominant form but Vettel was driving like there was no tomorrow, especially against his former team however, the start of the race, Verstappen starting from 16th to get to the podium, this kid is a freak of nature the way he drives, he's almost inhuman! Ricciardo bouncing back from Australia was good to see & Haas getting some points while McLaren.... Well, you know....

Next up Bahrain

Last but not least,  the IMSA Weathertech series had their race at Long Beach as well & finish was completely crazy!

Love that Mayor Hinch got his first post crash win. And at my favorite IndyCar track no less. Sucks too, this is the first year in the last 10 I haven't been at Long Beach and he takes it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this is rather big big BIG news....

http://www.indycar.com/News/2017/04/04-12-Alonso-enters-Indy-500

McLaren announced today that Fernando Alonso, Formula One’s two-time champion and three-time runner-up, will compete in the 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil on May 28.

Alonso will drive for Andretti Autosport, which has won four Indianapolis 500s, including last year’s race with Verizon IndyCar Series rookie Alexander Rossi at the wheel of the Honda-powered Dallara. Honda also powers Alonso’s car on McLaren’s grand prix team.

Alonso strives to win the 500 as F1 champion Graham Hill did as a rookie in 1966. Jack Brabham, Jim Clark, Emerson Fittipaldi, Mario Andretti and Nelson Piquet also drove in the 500 as one-time world champions, while Alberto Ascari, Jackie Stewart, Jochen Rindt and Jacques Villeneuve won F1 titles after competing in the 500.

“I’m immensely excited that I’ll be racing in this year’s Indy 500 with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport,” Alonso said. “The Indy 500 is one of the most famous races on the global motorsport calendar, rivaled only by the Le Mans 24 Hours and the Monaco Grand Prix.”

Rumor is Jenson Button is coming back for the Monaco Grand Prix but this is huge news. Plus with the Honda engines dominating IndyCar this season, he may actually win.

baltimoreravens.png

Even as a Ferrari fan I'd like to see McLaren get their act together and start fielding competitive cars again, even if for no other reason than Alonso deserves more.  But with the crap Alonso keeps being given to drive, a couple weeks away, even in a spec series has got to be a relief.  

Results from Bahrain Grand Prix:

1. Vettel

2. Hamilton

3. Bottas

4. Räikkönen

5. Ricciardo

6. Massa

7. Perez

8. Grosjean

9. Hulkenberg

10. Ocon

I honestly do think that if the 5 second penalty didn't occur, the finish would've been neck & neck. Either way, great driving by both Vettel & Hamilton. The prancing horse has proven to be doing well this season, even Kimi had a good car. Rough day for Max Verstappen & Carlos Sainz Jr. Renault finally getting some points thank to Nico. Alonso's car couldn't make it to the end, at least his started unlike Vandoorne's.

Next up Russia.

According to some reports, it seems Alonso may head back to Renault...

http://www.grandprix247.com/2017/04/16/alonso-to-renault-talks-have-begun/

Fernando Alonso has made it clear that he will not spend another season in the doldrums, struggling at the back of the grid instead he wants to be in a team capable of delivering him a Formula 1 World Championship – and it has now emerged that talks have begun to get the Spaniard to return to Renault, the team of his glory years.

Alonso does not have many options with a top team as Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari are highly unlikely destinations for him at this point.

In World Endurance news:

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/fillon-2020-lmp1-direction-to-be-revealed-at-le-mans/

Further details on the 2020 LMP1 regulations, and news on LMP1 non-hybrid, are expected to be revealed at this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, according to ACO President Pierre Fillon.

Fillon confirmed that a roadmap for the top prototype ranks, including the non-hybrid category, will be presented during the ACO’s annual press conference, which will now take place on Friday of race week, instead of the traditional Thursday.

“We’ll have some news about LMP1 non-hybrid and [2020] hybrid rules at the 24 Hours of Le Mans,” Fillon told Sportscar365.

“We are working. The only thing that we can say right now is that there’s an open discussion. Everyone is in very good spirits.”

While talks have continued between current LMP1 manufacturers Porsche and Toyota, as well as Peugeot, which could rejoin the top class in 2020, Fillon said the main focus has been on cost reduction.

Peugeot is understood to be working on a comeback, but only if costs are significantly slashed from the current budgets, which are understood to be in excess of $100 million annually.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/wec-planning-format-changes-to-gte-in-2018/

The FIA World Endurance Championship is set to undergo a format change to the GTE class next year, aimed to increase the category’s visibility, championship organizers have revealed.

FIA Endurance Commission President Sir Lindsay Owen-Jones said that “creative ideas” are are in the works that would give the factory-backed production-based class, which has received World Championship status this year, more exposure on existing weekends.

“We would expect to see some evolution of the format itself by the beginning of next year,” Owen-Jones said.

At least five manufacturers are set to compete in the GTE-Pro class in 2018, with BMW joining Ford, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Porsche, which has returned to full-factory competition this year with its mid-engined 911 RSR.

It’s understood both Lamborghini and McLaren are actively evaluating GTE programs, for as early as 2019.

“The GT category could have more visibility than it has now,” Todt said. “The first step in the evolution, together with Pierre, Lindsay and their teams, we will see what could be the next step to highlight the main category [in GTE-Pro].”

IMO, as long as it leads to better racing & hopefully more manufactures/competitors, I'm all for it.

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for the Grand Prix of Alabama

1. Newgarden

2. Dixon

3. Pagenaud

4. Castroneves

5. Rossi

6. Hinchcliffe

7. Kanaan

8. Bourdais

9. Sato

10. Aleshin

Lots of good racing all around, I had a feeling that this was going to be a Penske race & Newgarden gets his first win while driving for the Captain. Aleshin & Hunter-Reay got at it near the end & a rough day for Will Power, leading most of the race only to finish 14th.

Next up Phoenix

Meanwhile in Blancpain Endurance Series, today's race at Monza started ugly....

Kind of reminds me of the big wreck a while back in V8 supercars.

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for the weekend results:

Results from Phoenix:

1. Pagenaud

2. Power

3. Hildebrand

4. Castroneves

5. Dixon

6. Kanaan

7. Carpenter

8. Kimball

9. Newgarden

10. Munoz

Pagenaud finally achieves his first oval win. It seems team Penske may have found what they were looking for. Rough day for Andretti as none of their cars even finished.

Next up, the Indianapolis Grand Prix

Meanwhile in Formula 1

Results from the Russian Grand Prix

1. Bottas

2. Vettel

3. Raikkonen

4. Hamilton

5. Verstappen

6. Perez

7. Ocon

8. Hulkenberg

9. Massa

10. Sainz Jr.

Bottas gets hist first win & he started out by just coming from nowhere & didn't look back. Hamilton kept having problems with potential overheating of his car.  Alonso didn't start while hist teammate finished 14th.

Next up, Spain

Last but not least, we have our first manufacture switch for F1

Sauber to use Honda engines in 2018.

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/140069-honda-to-supply-sauber-from-2018

Honda has recently stated it felt supplying more than one team would help it try to recover from its current struggles having been hit by numerous performance and reliability issues this season.

"In addition to the partnership with McLaren which began in 2015, Honda will begin supplying power units to Sauber as a customer team starting from next year," Katsuhide Moriyama, Honda's chief officer, brand and communication operations said. "This will be a new challenge in Honda's F1 activities.

baltimoreravens.png

• 2 weeks later...

Results from the Spanish Grand Prix:

1. Hamilton

2. Vettel

3. Ricciardo

4. Perez

5. Ocon

6. Hulkenberg

7. Sainz Jr.

8. Wehrlein

9. Kvyat

10. Grosjean

Vettel was off to a good start but to some, some would say controversy ensued with Vettel getting out of the pits & Hamilton running off the track. However, the stewards said there was no problem & Lewis ran off with it. Rough day for Kimi, Max & Valleri today. It was still a pretty good race especially the battles with Toro Rosso & Haas. Alonso finished 15th & is on his way to Indianapolis

Next up, for world race day, Monaco!

Speaking of Indy & Monaco

Results from the Indianapolis Grand Prix:

1. Power

2. Dixon

3. Hunter-Reay

4. Pagenaud

5. Castroneves

6. Rahal

7. Chilton

8. Rossi

9. Pigot

10. Montoya

Will Power's only real threat was his Castroneves. It was caution free. Rahal moved up from 20th to 6th, & there was an incident between Kanaan & Andretti which gave Marco a drive through penalty.

Next up, the greatest spectacle in racing, the Indianapolis 500!

Finally, Results from the Monaco e-prix:

1. Buemi

2. di Grassi

3. Heidfeld

4. Piquet jr.

5. Engel

6. Rosenqvist

7. Abt

8. Gutierrez

9. da Costa

10. Prost

4th win for Buemi as he continues his dominance in Formula E although di Grassi gave him a lot of pressure near the end. 

Next up, Paris.

Last bu not least, it seems Silly Season rumors are coming up in Formula 1, we've heard everything from Vettel going to Mercedes, Lewis calling it a career. Riccardo &/or Verstappen leaving Red Bull. Alonso leaving McLaren (seems like that would be the one guarantee). Either way, it should be a rather interesting silly season.

baltimoreravens.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

Results from the Paris E-Prix

1. Buemi

2. Lopez

3. Heidfeld

4. Rosenqvit

5. Prost

6. Frijns

7. Piquet Jr.

8. Dillmann

9. Evans

10. Sarrazin

Just another dominant performance from Buemi. I think it's going to be very difficult to catch him at this race.

Next up Berlin

Well with this weekend coming up being known as the greatest race weekend in the world (24 hours Nurburgring, Monaco, Indy, Charlotte) IndyCar released some new shots of what the potential 2018 cars will look like.

Road Course (almost looks like an F1 car):

INDYCAR_FR_RC_RED_01-13350-1200-800-80-c.thumb.jpg.4ffc69ae1f5d176239f885795cebd42b.jpg

Super Speedway:

INDYCAR_FR_SW_RED_01-13351-1200-800-80-c.thumb.jpg.2107cdf525e6db211373ff686992c935.jpg

I like where this is going!

baltimoreravens.png

Results from the Monaco Grand Prix:

1. Vettel

2. Raikkonen

3. Ricciardo

4. Bottas

5. Verstappen

6. Sainz jr.

7. Hamilton

8. Grosjean

9. Massa

10. Magnussen

The bells in Maranello were ringing today! Kimi looked good as did Seb. The pit stops let by both Ricciardo & Vettel were amazing & the racing was close. Hamilton came from 14th to finish 7th was bit heartbreaking for him because he just couldn't catch up, plus the wreck with Pascal & Jenson made for some interesting racing. Formula Haas with 2 top tens, that was impressive! Vettel regains some points, Ferrari continues their contstructor's title run.

Next up, Canada

Results from the Indianapolis 500:

1. Sato

2. Castroneves

3. Jones

4. Chilton

5. Kanaan

6. Montoya

7. Rossi

8. Andretti

9. Chaves

10. Munoz

After what happened in 2012, Sato becomes the first Japanese driver to win the greatest spectacle in racing! After the heartbreak he endured 5 years ago, I'm happy to see him win it!  It was a rough day for a lot of Honda drivers including the favorite, Fernando Alonso had the car to win it until ironically had a blown engine, same with other favorites such as Ryan Hunter Reay, Mayor Hinch for example, before that there was the horrific crash that ended Scott Dixon's day. It was an Indy 500 I don't think we will forget in a long time.

Next up, the doubleheader in Detroit.

Last but not least, we have BMW's new endurance racer

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/140902-bmw-m8-gte-to-debut-at-2018-rolex-24

BMW has announced that its new-for-2018 M8 GTE challenger – which will compete in the World Endurance Championship – will make its global race debut at next year's Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona.

"The BMW M8 GTE development program for our Le Mans comeback is in full swing," says BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. "Developing a new racing car is always exciting, and in the case of the BMW M8 GTE the anticipation is that much greater still. We can't reveal any pictures yet, but I can promise you that the BMW M8 GTE will look spectacular.

"We are planning an initial roll-out for the first half of this year and are looking at giving the car its race debut in the Daytona 24 Hours in late January 2018."

BMW81.jpg.df3ad112bda990ed57e77739c45f4688.jpg

Plus the 24 hours of the Nurburgring was crazy but a great race as always, pit strategy was key. The winning team drove an Audi & it was the second time an American driver was part of the winning team. The American driver is Connor De Phillippi.

VSA_VLN_NUR17__AT15027.thumb.jpg.784430246e2ceb795eeb72293c917c82.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for the Duals in Detroit:

Race 1 Results:

1. Rahal

2. Dixon

3. Hinchcliffe

4. Newgarden

5. Rossi

6. Aleshin

7. Castroneves

8. Sato

9. Jones

10. Pigot

Race 2 Results:

1. Rahal

2. Newgarden

3. Power

4. Sato

5. Pagenaud

6. Dixon

7. Rossi

8. Kimball

9. Castroneves

10. Kanaan

Honda wins in Chevy's backyard & Rahal is the first driver to sweep both races. Rahal is now in the title hunt. He drove like there was no tomorrow. Impressive racing from Rahal, its not easy winning both duels. Let alone in Chevy territory.

Next up Texas

baltimoreravens.png

On 5/24/2017 at 8:06 PM, rvrdgsfn said:

Bump

Results from the Paris E-Prix

1. Buemi

2. Lopez

3. Heidfeld

4. Rosenqvit

5. Prost

6. Frijns

7. Piquet Jr.

8. Dillmann

9. Evans

10. Sarrazin

Just another dominant performance from Buemi. I think it's going to be very difficult to catch him at this race.

Next up Berlin

Well with this weekend coming up being known as the greatest race weekend in the world (24 hours Nurburgring, Monaco, Indy, Charlotte) IndyCar released some new shots of what the potential 2018 cars will look like.

Road Course (almost looks like an F1 car):

INDYCAR_FR_RC_RED_01-13350-1200-800-80-c.thumb.jpg.4ffc69ae1f5d176239f885795cebd42b.jpg

Super Speedway:

INDYCAR_FR_SW_RED_01-13351-1200-800-80-c.thumb.jpg.2107cdf525e6db211373ff686992c935.jpg

I like where this is going!

The road trim in particular really evokes the old DP01's from the last years of Champ Car (other than the more pointy IndyCar nose). If their goal was to evoke the past, which it apparently was, they've succeeded. It's the best looking "IndyCar" from the post split era if you ask me. Better than the current car, and WAY better than the hideous pre-DW12 Dallara.

In news that might be interesting, and might just as easily be nothing, Robert Kubica tested a Renault F1 car this week for the first time since nearly losing his arm in that rally accident a few years ago...

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Results from Canada:

1.Hamilton

2. Bottas

3. Ricciardo

4. Vettel

5. Perez

6. Ocon

7. Raikkonen

8. Hulkenberg

9. Stroll

10. Grosjean

The silver arrows struck again, Hamilton drove a great race, I would've said the same for Verstappen if his car held up because he did a very bold move in the first lap. Vettel came back but it wasn't enough & Ricciardo having to defend against not only Vettel but Force India as well. I had a feeling this would be Lewis' race, after tying his idol in pole's & 10 years ago, he won his first race here.  Great racing all around, I love this track!

Next up Azerbaijan

Results from Texas:

1. Power

2. Kanaan

3. Pagenaud

4. Rahal

5. Chaves

6. Andretti

7. Daly

8. Chilton

9. Dixon

10. Sato

Wow, Texas managed to have 2 good IndyCar races back to back, but I think this one is going to be remembered for the crashes upon crashes. I'm sure Kanaan isn't going to be getting any Christmas cards anytime soon after 3 occasions that caused some potential winners out of the race & 6 were on the lad lap once it was finished.

Next up, Road America

Formula E doubleheader from Berlin:

Race 1:

1. Rosenqvist

2. di Grassi

3. Heidfeld

4. Lopez

5. Prost (originally Buemi but was DQ'ed)

6. Abt

7. Bird

8. Vergne

9. Engel

10. Turvey

Race 2:

1. Buemi

2. Rosenqvist (10 second penalty due to unsafe pit release)

3. di Grassi

4. Abt

5. Lopez

6. Vergne

7. Bird

8. Prost

9. Turvey

10. Heidfeld

DQ's & Penalties afloat in Berlin. I wasn't able to see race 1 but race 2 had some really good racing. Especially between Vergne & Bird. The pitstop that Rosenqvist did really messed him up, he had the car to win but because of that, gave Buemi the win.

Next up New York

Last but most certainly not least, Saturday is the 24 hours of LeMans & Toyota is looking really strong, but will they finally get the win or will Porsche look to repeat? Although, I'm also curious to see what happens with Chevrolet, Ford, Porsche & Ferrari in LMGTE.

baltimoreravens.png

For me Canada is one of the funnest races before the summer break.  You can have a track with multiple hard braking zones that doesn't have to be a Tilke-drome.  Even if the leader runs away with the race it is usually fun to watch anyways.  

Hamilton was worried that Vettel was going to have to DNF in order for him to get back in the Championship, that got put to bed with the blinding start from Red Bull.  And Force India is going to need to have an internal discussion with their drivers and make it clear they aren't the ones making the damn decisions during the race.  That stunt clearly cost them points they are going to need by seasons end.  

Here's what's happened with LeMans so far

All the Toyota's are out of winning the race, 2 retired within the same hour while the only one left has missed a lot of time due to repair

LMP2 have gotten really ugly with the GTE's, one took out a Ferrari

Leaders:
P1: Porsche

P2: Valilante Rebellion

GTE Pro: Aston Martin

GTE Am: JMW Motorsport (Ferrari 488 GTE)

Meanwhile this is WEC's plan to save LMP1 & cut costs....

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/141485-lmp1-2020-regulations-revealed

Plug-in hybrid tech being added to the LMP1 cars is the big announcement here. Each car must be able to pull away from a pit stop and complete the first kilometer of its out lap using only electric power. This will be compulsory for Le Mans as well as the other FIA WEC rounds. There are also plans to have the cars cross the finish line at the Le Mans 24 Hours on electric power only.

Other big changes have been outlined, to reduce the cost for the manufacturers. Teams will only be able to homologate a single body kit for each season, with simpler aero under the cars and small variable aero points to enable them to be adaptable for low-downforce circuits like Le Mans. There will be active aerodynamic front and rear wings, with small variable 'clips' behind the front splitter.

The ACO was keen to point out that Porsche and Toyota, as well as other car manufacturers, were part of the meetings to create the regulations and showed "great interest into their contribution."

So far the masses aren't too happy with these changes. Most of the comments I've read have been negative.

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for the Final results from the 24 hours of LeMans

LMP1: Porsche  (Bamber, Bernhard, Haretley)

LMP2: DC Chan racing (Laurent, Jarvis, Tung)

GTE Pro: Aston Martin Racing (Turner, Adam, Serra)

GTE AM: JMW Motorsport (Ferrari 488 GTE) (Smith, Stevens, Vanthoor)

Now if 2016 offer heartbreak at LeMans, 2017 had a lot more to show. Only 2 LMP1 finished the race, A top Ferrari team getting taken out early & the heartbreak that was Corvette racing, having a puncture tired while fighting off Aston Martin. Corvette limped to third while Ford finished in 2nd in their class. The lone Toyota finished 2nd in class but was 9 laps down.

LeMans truly never disappoints especially with the comebacks.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived