PDFL Pro Developmental Football League (Made-Up Football League)

GeauxAstros

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I was looking through this thread, a couple things jumped out at me.

The Indianapolis Colts do not have an affiliate. I will claim that team

Name: Bloomington Buck (yes, buck singular. Like the Baltimore Colts logo)

Affiliation: Indianapolis Colts

Colors: Blue, White, Gray

Stadium: Memorial Stadium

Here are the other things I noticed. If any of these come off as harsh, that is not at all how they are intended. They are meant to be constructive, in order to make this thread amazing, because it has potential.

@nobizshowbiz The Hawks logo has too much open space in the end of the football. Maybe make the hawk larger (after making your own instead of taking Atlanta’s). This one is more of a personal preference, but maybe darken the color of the green a little bit. I do like your design though, those things are simple little nitpicks.

@TheLogoManiac13 The Colonials number font is a little too complicated to go on a jersey. Like Ugly bus suggested, use your alternate font for all the jerseys. They look good otherwise, good work!

@Mikey_Meatballs For the Merchants, the colors are a touch too bright. Darken them up a little bit. And clean up the overall presentation a little bit. If I remember correctly, you are a paint user, so I get that it’s hard to make them look clean and pristine, but on your shoulder and helmet stripes, neither go all the way to the border. Clean those things up, and it’ll take your concept to the next level.

@nickrandle The tribe stuff looks good, and I like the black.

@Pulv! @CinnamonRoll21 Orcas logo looks good, but this next part goes for both the Orcas and the Mallards. Why is the front number so small? That would be extremely hard to see on the field, so enlarge those. The Mallards logo is rough...I get that you’re just starting, but it’s pretty rough. The M part, is that supposed to be a wing? If it is, try and make it look more like a wing. Enlarge it, and make it more fluid with the body and not so much like a square. I do really like the Mallards helmet, so that’s a huge positive.

@Silence of the Rams Ghostriders looks really good. My only complaint is the on the GR logo, the G kinda blends with the R, and it kinda looks like a C. Minor nitpick, maybe just my eyes.

All that to say, you guys have a lot of potential. I apologize for such a long post, but there was almost no C&C whatsoever here. If we all just take a little bit more time to check the details on our concepts, that will take this thread to a whole new level. My team should be up soon, if it gets approved, so stay tuned for that! Anyways, thanks for reading guys!

spacer.png

22 hours ago, bucknut42 said:

As I was looking through this thread, a couple things jumped out at me.

The Indianapolis Colts do not have an affiliate. I will claim that team

Name: Bloomington Buck (yes, buck singular. Like the Baltimore Colts logo)

Stadium: Memorial Stadium

Here are the other things I noticed. If any of these come off as harsh, that is not at all how they are intended. They are meant to be constructive, in order to make this thread amazing, because it has potential.

@nobizshowbiz The Hawks logo has too much open space in the end of the football. Maybe make the hawk larger (after making your own instead of taking Atlanta’s). This one is more of a personal preference, but maybe darken the color of the green a little bit. I do like your design though, those things are simple little nitpicks.

@TheLogoManiac13 The Colonials number font is a little too complicated to go on a jersey. Like Ugly bus suggested, use your alternate font for all the jerseys. They look good otherwise, good work!

@Mikey_Meatballs For the Merchants, the colors are a touch too bright. Darken them up a little bit. And clean up the overall presentation a little bit. If I remember correctly, you are a paint user, so I get that it’s hard to make them look clean and pristine, but on your shoulder and helmet stripes, neither go all the way to the border. Clean those things up, and it’ll take your concept to the next level.

@nickrandle The tribe stuff looks good, and I like the black.

@Pulv! @CinnamonRoll21 Orcas logo looks good, but this next part goes for both the Orcas and the Mallards. Why is the front number so small? That would be extremely hard to see on the field, so enlarge those. The Mallards logo is rough...I get that you’re just starting, but it’s pretty rough. The M part, is that supposed to be a wing? If it is, try and make it look more like a wing. Enlarge it, and make it more fluid with the body and not so much like a square. I do really like the Mallards helmet, so that’s a huge positive.

@Silence of the Rams Ghostriders looks really good. My only complaint is the on the GR logo, the G kinda blends with the R, and it kinda looks like a C. Minor nitpick, maybe just my eyes.

All that to say, you guys have a lot of potential. I apologize for such a long post, but there was almost no C&C whatsoever here. If we all just take a little bit more time to check the details on our concepts, that will take this thread to a whole new level. My team should be up soon, if it gets approved, so stay tuned for that! Anyways, thanks for reading guys!

I would like to first off say, I really like all the designs I've seen on here. I would object to the Indiana team being in Bloomington though. I'm from Indiana and the only logical place to put a minor league football team would be Fort Wayne or South Bend. So here's my suggestion;

Name: Summit City River Warriors (Summit City is Fort Wayne's nickname)

Stadium: Parkview Field

or

Name: South Bend Tradesmen

Colors: Red, Grey, White, Black

Stadium: Coveleski Stadium

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

1 hour ago, Bowski said:

I would like to first off say, I really like all the designs I've seen on here. I would object to the Indiana team being in Bloomington though. I'm from Indiana and the only logical place to put a minor league football team would be Fort Wayne or South Bend. So here's my suggestion;

Name: Summit City River Warriors (Summit City is Fort Wayne's nickname)

or

Name: South Bend Tradesmen

Colors: Red, Grey, White, Black

Stadium: Coveleski Stadium

That makes sense. I'm from Indiana as well, an hour away from Fort Wayne actually, so I totally agree that Fort Wayne would be a good location for a team. Does this mean you want to claim the Colts affiliate? If so, you can have it. I'll just take another team. The only thing is, the affiliate has to have a name that is somewhat related to their parent team. So what about "Summit City River Riders". Riders as in horses, and you still work in the river reference. 

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, bucknut42 said:

That makes sense. I'm from Indiana as well, an hour away from Fort Wayne actually, so I totally agree that Fort Wayne would be a good location for a team. Does this mean you want to claim the Colts affiliate? If so, you can have it. I'll just take another team. The only thing is, the affiliate has to have a name that is somewhat related to their parent team. So what about "Summit City River Riders". Riders as in horses, and you still work in the river reference. 

I really liked Summit City River Warriors because it uses three notable things about Fort Wayne; The Summit City, The Three Rivers Connection, and I liked warriors because it could be tied back to the native tribes that lived there originally. I'll leave the claim to you tho, this was mostly just a suggestion, I'm not really good at logo design or anything, so if you want to do it you can.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

On 1/21/2017 at 9:50 AM, Bowski said:

I really liked Summit City River Warriors because it uses three notable things about Fort Wayne; The Summit City, The Three Rivers Connection, and I liked warriors because it could be tied back to the native tribes that lived there originally. I'll leave the claim to you tho, this was mostly just a suggestion, I'm not really good at logo design or anything, so if you want to do it you can.

Alrighty then. I'll submit River Warriors, and if it gets shut down I'll make it river riders.

Team Name: Summit City River Warriors

spacer.png

Archived