Best Possible Super Bowl LI Matchups

zigbazah

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

I used to love this throwback until I noticed the three different stripes, drives me crazy now.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the Pats' AFL era white jersey, though I think it's the best away (white) look they've ever had. Talk about a low bar, though - they've never worn a single white jersey that I'd actually classify as being "good."

I'd personally prefer something along the lines of MC2's tremendous Pats concept in 2014, just with white pants rather than navy: 

iwrhjn.jpg

I think Atlanta has a solid look IMO. My only issues are the over-use of piping and the pant-stripes. The jersey itself is solid and I love their logo.

The Pats set is a dated mess. And, as mentioned elsewhere, it will likely never get much of a re-design unless they go back to sucking for a long time. 

I don't think this Super Bowl uni match up is as bad as some here are making it out to be. It's not great either. It's just...meh. It's definitely better than Patriots-Seahawks and Broncos-Seahawks from a few years ago. Of course, this is all subjective.

10 hours ago, kroywen said:

I'm actually not a huge fan of the Pats' AFL era white jersey, though I think it's the best away (white) look they've ever had. Talk about a low bar, though - they've never worn a single white jersey that I'd actually classify as being "good."

I'd personally prefer something along the lines of MC2's tremendous Pats concept in 2014, just with white pants rather than navy: 

iwrhjn.jpg

I'd love to see this look for the Pats, but I like the all silver helmet w/red facemask that they currently sport.  Hate the grey shoulder jersey stripe and piping, and this nod to the original Pats is much, much  better.  Might need to keep numbers as they are now.  You probably could not pull off keeping the little sleeve numbers - probably why they were not on the TNF set.  Add a third set of pants in silver/grey and you have a nice interchangeable set.  Really miss the red jersey - this would look great as an alt, even w/silver helm. 

13 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

They didn't have a choice...  Atlanta did.

I'm aware. I'm just happy it played out the way it did.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

2 hours ago, Primzahl said:

I don't think this is such a bad uni matchup. The detail i don't like is one i haven't seen mentioned yet; that the SB51 logo patch has red in it and will look weird on the Falcons red jerseys.

Actually I think it's great, it almost looks like an alternate logo, fits in very well with the uniform

patriots uniform is some piping and side panels away from being a very solid look, and obviously it has the stigma of winning attached to it. Without the red piping it would be a bit silver heavy, but it could be easily balanced back with swapping red for navy in the collar striping

07Giants.pngnyy.png

2 hours ago, Hoops McCann said:

Only loss to the Packers, wearing white Drew Bledsoe era

Yep, as much as I like their current home jersey, and not that it really matters, but they've had more luck in the B&B era in white. Blue was most recently worn in the two disastrous collapses against the Giants.

Archived