2018 NHL Winter Classic (Alumni Game logo, uniforms)

OhioSportsMan61

With the Blue Jackets' current (and ridiculous) 15-game winning streak gaining steam in the national media, many in Columbus think it's finally time that the league rewards the city with an outdoor game at the iconic Horseshoe. The "Unsustaina-bowl" created a ton of buzz around the hockey world this past weekend, and both ratings and ticket prices were off the charts. What better way than play in the annual Winter Classic against the CBJ's expansion brothers? 

WCcover%20copy_zps3iujeppj.png

Before I post the two teams' logos and uniforms, I am going to leave you with a couple of teasers :P

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-02%20at%205.58.5

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-03%20at%202.10.5

C&C appreciated!

More to come soon...

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Atomic locked this topic
  • Atomic unlocked this topic

Teasers is an awesome idea for this, now if you could only make it look like it was leaked from NHL.com. Oh well. From what I can see of the jerseys they look great, although I doubt the NHL would use two teams that weren't even around in the twentieth century for their Winter Classic, or use the likes of an extinct franchise. Which makes this even better because I'm sick of seeing the Blackhawks every year and never seeing the Whalers (What's up with that, Carolina?). This matchup does feel more like a stadium series one, but I don't think you'll have any problem perfecting this.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

1 hour ago, Bruins said:

Teasers is an awesome idea for this, now if you could only make it look like it was leaked from NHL.com. Oh well. From what I can see of the jerseys they look great, although I doubt the NHL would use two teams that weren't even around in the twentieth century for their Winter Classic, or use the likes of an extinct franchise. Which makes this even better because I'm sick of seeing the Blackhawks every year and never seeing the Whalers (What's up with that, Carolina?). This matchup does feel more like a stadium series one, but I don't think you'll have any problem perfecting this.

Thank you for the kind words! An NHL-type leak would be pretty cool, but my intention for this was to follow some of Fanbrandz's presentation guidelines (since they are the ones that come up with all of the WC branding :))And I 100% agree, I am so tired of seeing the Blackhawks and Pens in EVERY SINGLE OUTDOOR GAME. Switch it up a bit NHL and get some national exposure for other franchises. That is part of the reason I wanted to work on this project!

Stay tuned everyone, I will post the reveal of the two teams' logos, uniforms, Alumni Game stuff, and maybe even some apparel soon!

2LYbxnm.png

i love how it takes after the Barons and the North Stars, and will you be doing the Heritage Classic, amd some Stadium Series jerseys too?

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

1 hour ago, BostonStrong13 said:

i love how it takes after the Barons and the North Stars, and will you be doing the Heritage Classic, amd some Stadium Series jerseys too?

Haha probably not, this has been a pretty intensive project. Maybe I'll do a re-do for this years uniforms at some point.

2LYbxnm.png

Time to turn back the clock to 1977-78...

CBJJerseys_zps293ayfea.png

MINJerseys_zpszzireejj.png

And the full uniforms:

CBJWCF_zpsszk0lhhd.png

MINWCF_zps84mbvszk.png

Both uniforms are inspired by what each state's professional hockey team wore in 1977 and'78. From the jerseys, to the gloves, to the pants. 

C&C always appreciated, there is still more to come!

2LYbxnm.png

3 hours ago, EJaws said:

Not really a fan of of W & North Stars logo mixup, try one or the other, Loving the Blue Jackets

lolz, dislike one logo mashup and like another. oh ok.

Both of these concepts are legit. Very good job! The Wild design would be great for an alumni uniform.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived